Bazooka Jesus

Simply Always Awake

44 posts in this topic

Just look... it's all right here. No need to label it, evaluate it, spin (spiritual) stories around it.

It's just THIS!

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

7 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Just look... it's all right here. No need to label it, evaluate it, spin (spiritual) stories around it.

It's just THIS!

Yeah, but that's where all the excitement and thrills is at - in the stories. All the stories, not just Spiritual. It's all part of the play. As long as we recognize them for what they are, it's all good. There's no need for not telling the stories either. There's no need for anything. There's no need to say don't label,.evaluate or spin stories, that itself is still a story. 

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

As long as we recognize them for what they are, it's all good.

Well, there's the rub... it's incredibly easy to tell yourself that you aren't attached to any stories, but chances are that you're just kidding yourself. You don't really know just how deep your attachment to the story of "you" (or "You") runs until it starts slipping away; the sheer existential terror and confusion that usually sets in when your precious beliefs about yourself, the world and "God" all fly out the window and you're left completely empty handed is hard to convey with words...it's like the very ground beneath your feet dissappears, leaving you in a state of absolute free fall. Which is of course exactly why most people immediately construct a new story after their initial awakening (and then go around preaching that story), just to have some new substitute identity hat they can hold on to. But there is no substantial difference between a run-of-the-mill human identity and a "spiritual" identity.

See, I like a good story as much as the next guy, but every day I remind myself that all of those mental fabrications are just stories. Am I saying that I have zero attachment to any of these stories? F@%! no. I am much too aware of my attachments at this point to tell myself a story about how I don't hold on to any stories. But being aware of your attachments is the first step towards transcending them.

Why so serious?

12 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Well, there's the rub... it's incredibly easy to tell yourself that you aren't attached to any stories, but chances are that you're just kidding yourself. You don't really know just how deep your attachment to the story of "you" (or "You") runs until it starts slipping away; the sheer existential terror and confusion that usually sets in when your precious beliefs about yourself, the world and "God" all fly out the window and you're left completely empty handed is hard to convey with words...it's like the very ground beneath your feet dissappears, leaving you in a state of absolute free fall. Which is of course exactly why most people immediately construct a new story after their initial awakening (and then go around preaching that story), just to have some new substitute identity hat they can hold on to. But there is no substantial difference between a run-of-the-mill human identity and a "spiritual" identity.

See, I like a good story as much as the next guy, but every day I remind myself that all of those mental fabrications are just stories. Am I saying that I have zero attachment to any of these stories? F@%! no. I am much too aware of my attachments at this point to tell myself a story about how I don't hold on to any stories. But being aware of your attachments is the first step towards transcending them.

Please stop the scare tactics. We are all different. This is not about non attachment but recognizing that that's what they are attachments. Stop using these terms like existential terror and fly out the window when. When what.. if what...you're just telling me another story. You don't know my frame of mind or how I see things, you're assuming that when the truth comes crashing down or when I'm faced with it, I'll shit my pants and all those lovey dovey shit will fly out the window. That's your story you're projecting unto me. You don't know what I'm prepared for or have accepted or whatever. 

Love you Bazooka.

Another perspective or way of saying it Entanglement, the problem with detachment is that life is about Involvement, total invovlement with Everything and Anything, detachment is non involvement, entanglement means something stick to You.

The most important Moment in Your Life is Now, because Now is all that exists, but the past memory is important, it brought You here didn't it? So in Yoga they talk about being Transparent, that means nothing sticks to You, you go thru a situation and experience, whether it was wonderful or depressing it doesn't stay with You intensely after it is over, for this too happen well You have to establish Your Being first, first BE--->DO--->HAVE, how do I want to be within myself, determine that, then being Transparent works well, attachment/entanglement is no longer a concern, You can enjoy Your ice cream, but not crave it afterwards or have to cling on to an experience for fulfilment...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

45 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

When what.. if what...you're just telling me another story. You don't know my frame of mind or how I see things, you're assuming that when the truth comes crashing down or when I'm faced with it, I'll shit my pants and all those lovey dovey shit will fly out the window. That's your story you're projecting unto me. You don't know what I'm prepared for or have accepted or whatever. 

I suspect it's only scary for people who have no idea what they're experiencing, who kinda stumble into awakenings unprepared.

Awakening is actually something that becomes a new normal very quickly, at each step.  You simply have no access to the former illusive state any longer.

Attachment is Love. And so is detachment. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

5 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Please stop the scare tactics.

xD Scare tactics? Sheesh, that's a strong word, isn't it? I wonder who is doing the projecting here... heh.

All I am doing is telling it like it is according to my own experience. Do you want me to say that awakening is all rainbows, unicorns and butterflies? Well, that's just not true from my perspective. So I really don't know what else to tell you. 🤷‍♂️

When what.. if what...you're just telling me another story.

Of course, that's the crux of language. As long as you are using words, you are telling stories. However, so-called spiritual pointers are stories that try to steer you to a place which lies beyond all stories.

This is not about non attachment but recognizing that that's what they are attachments.

Okay... so are you aware of your attachment to stories?

Love you too, honey bun. 😘

Why so serious?

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

All I am doing is telling it like it is according to my own experience. Do you want me to say that awakening is all rainbows, unicorns and butterflies? Well, that's just not true from my perspective. So I really don't know what else to tell you. 🤷‍♂️

You don’t know what you’re missing until you talk to Bard.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

the sheer existential terror and confusion that usually sets in when your precious beliefs about yourself, the world and "God" all fly out the window and you're left completely empty handed is hard to convey with words...it's like the very ground beneath your feet dissappears

In my experience, when everything disappears and only limitless existence remains, zero possibility of attachment because there is zero definition, it is total freedom. The only thing that exists and what I am is a bottomless hole, then it happens that I laugh with pure joy, purer than when I was a child, it is liberation, nothing can be better, it is incredible that something is so good. 

The problem is that you cannot capture it, nor remember it, nor understand it. All of that would be putting limits on the unlimited.

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

xD Scare tactics? Sheesh, that's a strong word, isn't it? I wonder who is doing the projecting here... heh.

Of course, that's the crux of language. As long as you are using words, you are telling stories. However, so-called spiritual pointers are stories that try to steer you to a place which lies beyond all stories.

Okay... so are you aware of your attachment to stories?

Love you too, honey bun. 😘

Ok. No rainbows, unicorns and butterflies nor existential terror, just somewhere in between.  Like wtf is this shit...lol. I see what you're saying. I tend to get funny when I think I need to get scared into LOVE. I'm aware that it's not all roses. But dang. No wonder people are scared of everything. You name it.

Edited by Princess Arabia

32 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

All of that would be putting limits on the unlimited.

Limits are Infinite Love

15 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Ok. No rainbows, unicorns and butterflies nor existential terror, just somewhere in between.

Oh, the terror is very real... you will encounter it sooner or later if you're pursuing true spirituality (as opposed to just getting lost in a bunch of spiritual fantasy stories); I haven't yet heard of any so-called enlightened master who didn't have to face it at some point, be it Ramana Maharshi, Eckhart Tolle or whoever else. It's just that me telling you about it is not a "scare tactic", just as it wouldn't be a scare tactic on my part to tell you that if you jump off the Golden Gate Bridge, you most likely won't survive it. That's just giving you the odds - nothing more, nothing less.

Metaphorically, you are jumping off a cliff when you are striving towards God, and you will have to meet your fear of existential free fall where no mental security blankets and fancy spiritual feel-good slogans will be able to provide you any comfort. So if you're not ready for it, then don't jump.

And btw, didn't you say that you wish to overcome ignorance? Well, attachment to a narrow range of mental stories and ignorance are literally one and the same thing... so be careful what you wish for, 'cuz you might get it! ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Another home run:

You should like this, @Princess Arabia .

I'm subscribed to his channel. I was having dinner and watching it just now and copied to post in the Powerful section. Logged on and checked my notifications first before I posted it, and, boom! The synchronicities at play are unbelievable. 

I was also saying to myself while eating dinner, because I know you watch him, how I trust what you always have to say, even if I disagree with your stance on things sometimes because you are very simple and don't overcomplicate things and I should take what you say and think about them before I always try to so dispute right away . I will always come to my own "judgements" and follow my heart but still consider your takes on things because you're one of the ones on here that I usually resonate with the most.

I will post this in the powerful section incase someone else sees the value. 

You better stop peeping in my kitchen and watching my every move or I will set Bazooka Jesus on you. Hehe.

12 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I'm subscribed to his channel. I was having dinner and watching it just now and copied to post in the Powerful section. Logged on and checked my notifications first before I posted it, and, boom! The synchronicities at play are unbelievable.

Heh, funny.

The craziest synchronicity I've come across on my current trip through India was when I met an Argentinian guy in a hostel in Bangalore who was the absolute spitting image of Ram Dass (even though he had never heard of him)... same face, same (lack of) hair, same beard. Now, if you have ever listened to a Ram Dass talk, you might know that he had an invisible friend - you might say a spirit guide - whose name was Immanuel; Ram Dass even wrote a whole book about him. Well guess what the Argentinian guy's name was? Yes, you guessed right: Immanuel. Same spelling and everything.

Sometimes you almost get the feeling that the universe just likes to throw us for a loop every now and then by placing some impossibly crazy coincidence in our way only to then lean back, light a cigar and say "alright, let's see what they'll make of this one... this oughtta be good." Kind of like putting a mirror in front of a kitten just to see what will happen, lol.

I was also saying to myself while eating dinner, because I know you watch him, how I trust what you always have to say, even if I disagree with your stance on things sometimes because you are very simple and don't overcomplicate things and I should take what you say and think about them before I always try to so dispute right away . I will always come to my own "judgements" and follow my heart but still consider your takes on things because you're one of the ones on here that I usually resonate with the most.

Ah, don't worry about it. One of the reasons why I always like to sprinkle my comments with silly humour is because I don't want people to take me and what I am saying too seriously; you should never take anybody's word for anything. No one (wo)man is in possession of the whole truth... and whatever you put into words cannot be the whole truth, so whatever anybody says is always up for debate. As long as I (occasionally) get someone to ask the right questions, I am a happy camper. 9_9

Besides, I for one love when people disagree with me 'cause it always gives me a welcome opportunity to release my inner smart-ass from its leash and let it romp around. No opposition = no dance!

Always remember that friction is the spice of life. Can you imagine how f***ing boring this existence would be if everyone always agreed with us? Gah, the horror!!!

And rest assured that I greatly enjoy reading your posts too. I mean, I obviously do, otherwise I wouldn't spent so much time commenting on them, would I? When I feel that someone produces mostly verbal diarrhea, I'll simply stop reading their posts after a while (a very novel concept in this day and age, I know). So the fact that I keep pestering you with my cheeky retorts is indeed a sign of appreciation; wear it as a badge of honor, mylady. ;)

You better stop peeping in my kitchen and watching my every move or I will set Bazooka Jesus on you. Hehe.

Um, wut? I have no idea what you are talking about... I would never dream of spying on you or anyone else, scout's honor!

Anyway, I will send some guys asap who are going to remove the surveillance cameras -- err, I mean, the cockroaches from your kitchen. :ph34r:

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?