Anon212

I Am More Awake Than Leo

16 posts in this topic

Damn, sorry guys sometimes I can't help it and that inner marketer just comes out. Now that I have your attention, I was seeking some advice about life in general and spirituality. There are a lot of things I am trying to make sense of but struggling with and I would greatly value your input. (P.S I put the text through ChatGPT but only to make it a clearer as my writing was all over the place).

I've been pondering the whole deal about spiritual teachers and authority. So, I tried this thing that you might wanna check out too. I went on a YouTube marathon, checking out different teachers - some super advanced like Krishnamurti, Ram Dass, Mooji, Sadhguru, Ralston, and more. Then, I lurked around some 'stage green' friends (can't stand them for some reason) and even went through the comments of other YouTubers delving into the black pill and red pill stuff, and also random folks. What hit me was kinda disappointing: loads of what I call 'meatriders' in the comments. The top comments were often just blindly praising these folks, whether it was about someone like Tristan Tate talking nonsense or glorifying Sadhguru as the ultimate yogi. Made me think about the risk of blindly following these teachers and groups. It also made me question my own judgment and everybody else's.

So, in my own life, following Sadhguru and his yoga has brought amazing changes. It's seriously been life-altering for me. But to fully get into his teachings, I had to trust him in a kind of delusional way. He made certain Yantras, and I accessed them directly through some delusional devotional practices. Felt like I was becoming one of those people in the comments I've been critical of. But even though it felt weird, I gained a lot from these practices.

Here's the thing: if I hadn't put that level of trust in his teachings, I doubt I would've made as much progress. But then again, most teachers, like Leo, push for having no authority and seeking absolute understanding yourself while maintaining strong skepticism. So, how do I make sense of these two ideas? It's a tricky one because there are legit teachers and, well, not-so-legit ones, so it requires caution. But how do I tell the difference? And now that I've found success with Sadhguru's teachings, can I keep going and reach the deepest levels of consciousness? Trust is important here, if I did not trust Sadhguru, I would not have transformed, anytime I brought in my logical mind to contemplate, there was a reduction in efficacy especially in the devotional practices and Yantras. At the same time, this level of trust is blind, it really is and I wonder would it become inhibitory as I continue? All input welcome!!

Tricking people probably isn't the best way to go about asking advice from them.

People would've read your post regardless.

57 minutes ago, Anon212 said:

Damn, sorry guys sometimes I can't help it and that inner marketer just comes out. Now that I have your attention

Let me guess......used car salesman?

1 hour ago, Francis777 said:

Tricking people probably isn't the best way to go about asking advice from them.

Tis true, but hey...marketing does work for a reason.

1 hour ago, cetus said:

LOL maybe who knows?

2 hours ago, Anon212 said:

Damn, sorry guys sometimes I can't help it and that inner marketer just comes out. Now that I have your attention, I was seeking some advice about life in general and spirituality. There are a lot of things I am trying to make sense of but struggling with and I would greatly value your input. (P.S I put the text through ChatGPT but only to make it a clearer as my writing was all over the place).

I've been pondering the whole deal about spiritual teachers and authority. So, I tried this thing that you might wanna check out too. I went on a YouTube marathon, checking out different teachers - some super advanced like Krishnamurti, Ram Dass, Mooji, Sadhguru, Ralston, and more. Then, I lurked around some 'stage green' friends (can't stand them for some reason) and even went through the comments of other YouTubers delving into the black pill and red pill stuff, and also random folks. What hit me was kinda disappointing: loads of what I call 'meatriders' in the comments. The top comments were often just blindly praising these folks, whether it was about someone like Tristan Tate talking nonsense or glorifying Sadhguru as the ultimate yogi. Made me think about the risk of blindly following these teachers and groups. It also made me question my own judgment and everybody else's.

So, in my own life, following Sadhguru and his yoga has brought amazing changes. It's seriously been life-altering for me. But to fully get into his teachings, I had to trust him in a kind of delusional way. He made certain Yantras, and I accessed them directly through some delusional devotional practices. Felt like I was becoming one of those people in the comments I've been critical of. But even though it felt weird, I gained a lot from these practices.

Here's the thing: if I hadn't put that level of trust in his teachings, I doubt I would've made as much progress. But then again, most teachers, like Leo, push for having no authority and seeking absolute understanding yourself while maintaining strong skepticism. So, how do I make sense of these two ideas? It's a tricky one because there are legit teachers and, well, not-so-legit ones, so it requires caution. But how do I tell the difference? And now that I've found success with Sadhguru's teachings, can I keep going and reach the deepest levels of consciousness? Trust is important here, if I did not trust Sadhguru, I would not have transformed, anytime I brought in my logical mind to contemplate, there was a reduction in efficacy especially in the devotional practices and Yantras. At the same time, this level of trust is blind, it really is and I wonder would it become inhibitory as I continue? All input welcome!!

Notice you are asking us to give you advice about your authority...which is the same thing as following some teacher.

Look its fine, the whole point of what he said is to realize that in your life you have ALWAYS been the ultimate authority in your life. No person who has ever existed or will ever exist could force you to believe what you do not want to believe. It doesn't matter how persuasive, or cunning they are. Whatever you believe is what resonates with you, whatever FEELS RIGHT TO YOU. 

So when you think someone is credible that is YOU giving them that credibility, their credibility isn't inherent, if it was they wouldn't have to convince you otherwise. Notice everybody argues about who is right and who is wrong, because each person is using their own individual authority from their world view to determine that. 

In truth how this game of life works, is authority is usually based on popularity, and that has to do with a term called the zeitgeist, which just means the commonly held beliefs of a specific time period and the dominant cultural, economic, and governmental systems. Anyway at the end of the day YOU ARE THE ULTIMATE AUTHORITY IN YOUR LIFE. If someone is right or wrong FROM YOUR PERSPECTIVE that is because you have determined it.

Now with that said you are asking basically how do you know something is true....this has to do with Absolute Truth, and Relative Truth. Truth has two main components. Truth is what is.....all studies in human knowledge is based on observational research of what is. What is, is based on your perception. A blind man lives in a DIFFERENT TRUTH than you from a relative point of view (relative means in relation to you). A completely blind man does not perceive light, whereas if you can see you do. So his truth will be different than yours.

The next component of truth is CONSISTENCY. Humanity learns what is true by looking for consistency. What we call consistency is truth, and this is a result of our bias towards survival. If something is consistent it can be used and manipulated to get things done. This means we as humans detest and hate inconsistency. We call inconsistency a LIE. We demonize it, because we cannot use it to help our survival. But notice...if you do not trust that your survival can be maintained you will LIE to that which is consistent to get something. 

Without the lack of consistency, change cannot occur, growth cannot occur, progress cannot occur, and diversity and exploration cannot occur. So life is just an endless flow of consistency and lack of consistency. But to really understand this you need to investigate into what the Absolute Truth is. The Absolute Truth never changes....it is the most consistent thing, as such all inconsistency must arise for the Absolute Truth to experience what it is. But all inconsistency is an illusion, an appearance, and it cannot hold as such. Inconsistency is a construction, and all constructions are limited and thus will have an end. But that which is eternal and unchanging has no end or beginning. 

So if you want to know the accuracy of something...it must burn from both ends. It must be consistently all inclusive. It must recognize both the value of consistency and the lack there of. It must be able to explain the value of each component and if it can then that is a proper authority figure. Why? Because the ultimate authority is GOD, since GOD is all there is. So which ever manifestation of GOD emulates or expresses God the most consistently will also be the highest authority. 

It's basically the same as saying, judge every teaching by how loving it is, since God is love. Love is all inclusive, all accepting, all knowing, all wise, and all understanding. Love is an infinite union. So whichever messages connect to everything the most is the highest authority. = SELF LOVE.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Do the spiritual work.  Leo's work is really all you need if you do your own practices you can discover Truth for yourself.   Don't take anyone as an authority- but take heed to the practices they speak of and get the framework from them.  That's it.  Don't take a preference or a bias to any teacher.  The framework is all here, so you don't need to go anywhere else.  But it really comes down to looking within yourself if you want to discover Absolute Truth. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I am right now participating inner total engineering.(shambhavi mahamudra) 

What exercises helped you from sadghuru and did you try psychedelics? 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

30 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Do the spiritual work.  Leo's work is really all you need if you do your own practices you can discover Truth for yourself.   Don't take anyone as an authority- but take heed to the practices they speak of and get the framework from them.  That's it.  Don't take a preference or a bias to any teacher.  The framework is all here, so you don't need to go anywhere else.  But it really comes down to looking within yourself if you want to discover Absolute Truth. 

Me and you both know God enjoys taking the roundabout way to awakening...rarely does God take the narrow tried and true path....in fact God enjoys failing to reach the end, and sometimes conceptualizing instead and never taking the actual journey at all. 

the journey is trust to truth

the bridge is, to test

this involves you doing the work to see what they see

trust is a temporary stage where you are all in ... you do whatever it takes ... no hesitation no doubt no limit

trick is trust the right one

4 hours ago, Francis777 said:

Not as many people as I wanted

3 hours ago, cetus said:

failed dropshipper

@Razard86 Damn bro, I appreciate your perspective, that was very insightful and yes at a deep level, I have recognised that I don't grasp that Absolute Truth which is causing a lot of confusion.

@OBEler Honestly bro, I am going to be the biggest promoter of inner engineering on this planet, I made a post on it in the kriya yoga mega thread and you can easily find it from my profile, but I did shambhavi mahamudra very intensely for three years and it changed my life. I am still struggling with absolute truths but in terms of survival, experiencing positive emotions, being healthy and so on, it is a god send. With that said, some people practiced for two years and experienced jack shit in terms of changes, my brother learned it and dropped it after  6 months as it didn't do anything for him.

A few things

1) I continued spiritual work and contemplation aside from that.

2) I was big on Dr Hawkins and maybe this is excessive but I read his book Surrender 15 times.

3) I also followed Peter Ralston very closely including emailing him a lot to which he always responded. I applied his principles of mastery to the kriya.

4) I was just so fucking intense man, I used to be very sick and I wanted to get better and I started shambhavi at 21, I am 24 now and really, it has utterly transformed my life, I think I just approached it very intensely doing it up to three sometimes four times a day.

5) My whole life revolve arounds spirituality from the second I wake up to the second I go to sleep. I constantly listen to Krishnamurti, Leo, Mooji, Gangaji, Ram Dass, Ralston, ESPECIALLY Rupert Spira, the list goes on, and I am always contemplating.

I dont have direct experience into absolutes BUT i am a very peaceful and joyful person, and my life is optimised, my body is fluid, I dont overthink or experience much fear or anxiety... I have done a lot of work on baseline hence no massive breakthroughs but even my state as I write this is amazing, i feel fucking amazing. I am extremely grateful for this kriya and recommend it for you. 

I do think the results that I got are not to be expected because most people I speak to just lose a little weight or they quit smoking or something, at the same time, they are not intense people just wishy washy, the most important thing that I brought to the table was intensity. 

[This is something that took me a long time to get but SUBTLENESS IS EVERYTHING. Being subtle is key, in breath, attention, everything, gross movements and breathing without control are really going to limit you, being subtle is extremely important and this is what allowed me to start seeing auras although I didn't waste time developing it, the subtleness made my senses astonishingly sensitive.]

Not as many people as I wanted

trust that a high quality post will get attention

cant put a price on value

Edited by Francis777

8 hours ago, OBEler said:

I am right now participating inner total engineering.(shambhavi mahamudra) 

How is that?

"The journey never ends, the point of arrival is always now." 

@Anon212 Seems like a lot of effort so I ask what's missing here? I mean you have all the groundwork laid out. Perhaps a lack of absolute surrender? Have you ever let go of that last silver thread that tethers one to their ego?

Edited by cetus