PurpleTree

Are there ways to love people more

55 posts in this topic

One way that works for me is trying to relate to others' actions by remembering there was a time in my life when I acted the same. 

Hola

I did not read the whole thread. But imagine when you die you go back in time and are reincarnated as people you met in this life. In fact, you will go back and be everyone on Earth. In fact there is no time and it all happens in the now. You will live each life and see yourself from different perspectives. So they are all you.

It is all one. The monad. Brahman. The dao. You are god. Everyone is god. It is all maya. It is all illusion. So even your question and post here is illusion. Be yourself and love yourself and find yourself. The rest will fall into place.

Google for funny spirituality memes. 

The obstacle is not an obstacle. It is a lesson. It is your path or journey. The obstacle is the road forward. The obstacle is a blessing and a gift. Lean into it. It will transform and dissolve when you are ready.

@PurpleTree When you reject a particular thing in other people, you are rejecting a part of your present experience or yourself or of God. This is because you are biased towards a particular way things ought to be, and if things remain to be that way then your survival is ensured. 

But this comes to bite you in the ass. For instance, if you are biased toward people being “good”, then when people are not “good” you’ll reject them when they come up in your experience, this means you are rejecting your experience or present moment or yourself or God. And then of course this produces suffering in multiple ways beyond the obvious ones. For instance, you start shaming yourself and producing guilt when you’re not “good” which leads to neurosis and insecurities in addition to other pathologies. 

If you were truthful and less biased these things wouldn’t bother you because you understand the illusion of your bias toward survival. 

So, a good practice to develop is accepting the present moment (Eckhart Tolle style)  and being satisfied with it. Also, meditate on bias. 

Edited by HMD

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Expose yourself to people who you know you love deep inside, but are afraid to meet due to your upbringing or social conditioning.

For example, I’ve been indoctrinated to believe that LGBT people are evil or wrong. However, I’ve recently started to break this rule / challenge this idea by meeting such people, and I can see that the limited ideas I have about them are not true.

Go with your intuition; not with silly ideas you were told to believe are true.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 27/10/2023 at 4:08 PM, An young being said:

Being compassionate that all the bad traits you mentioned came into existence as tools for survival by nature and the individual selves are not responsible for it can help to love them more.

Survival is for the DEADS.
Living is for the LIVINGS.

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

On 27/10/2023 at 4:58 PM, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

Is there an inherent difference between the limitation of a car being unable to fly to the moon and the limitation of Hitler being unable to love the Jewish people? Similarly, is there a difference between Hitler being unable to love the Jewish people and you being unable to love selfish people?

Are you trying in a subtle way to tell me that I m Hitler ?

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

7 hours ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

Are you trying in a subtle way to tell me that I m Hitler ?

I wouldn't necessarily say that I was being subtle about it.

beep boop

There will always be some bias as long as you exist as form. Form=bias.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 Finding ways to minimize it is all we can do. But being careful about it becoming a bias against bias is tricky. 

On 27/10/2023 at 4:38 PM, PurpleTree said:

Are there ways to love people more?

Thought of one more that works for me.

Focusing specifically on things I love about humans, and also on man-made things I am grateful for.

Like when I'm eating cheese, it was some human who made it possible. How do I know that annoying human I just met on the subway is not the same human who played a role in that cheese?

For instance, my husband and I are renovating an old house now. Thanks to all these various building materials we can create a house of our dreams, and all of those materials have been made by humans.

The trick is, to only notice the things that you really feel grateful for. 

8 hours ago, HMD said:

@Razard86 Finding ways to minimize it is all we can do. But being careful about it becoming a bias against bias is tricky. 

It's not tricky, trying to minimize your bias...is itself a bias against bias...why not maximize your bias? Your desire to minimize your bias is just an egoic strategy for survival. Basically you are so ONE, that being selfish and selfless is the same thing. The only reason Selflessness is superior...is because it is ALL INCLUSIVE. It includes everything. Whereas selfishness= division which is the root of all discrimination, which is the root of all corruption and conflict.

But without bias....there is no you and me. There is no story, no journey. It would literally BE, NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS!!! LOL. So we need bias so we can have SOMETHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

Also one additional point....for Infinity to be infinity it must include limitation and limitation and bias are the same thing. So literally God cannot be God without bias. Consider that one!!!

@Razard86 So, then, the best course of action is to find balance, like in every other area of life. Thanks for clarifying!