Sabth

Why am I falling into all this trap?

57 posts in this topic

There are many people in the group who told me , that they have gotten it. Don't know if they all wanna scam me. 

This is a textbook example of an online-trading scam.
Unrealistic profit margins, "instant" $-returns shown in your wallet on some dodgy trading-dashboard, a telegram group with a lot of "users" pledging for the legitimacy of the program, an insane fee you have to pay upfront to get the payout (they could just subtract your total amount)....

Do NOT transfer any more money to their account's.
In fact, your only chance to (maybe) get your initial money back is to contact a attorney for legal advice. In some places there are consumer protection agencies which will help you for free. The chance is slim, but maybe worth a try!

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

42 minutes ago, undeather said:

This is a textbook example of an online-trading scam.
Unrealistic profit margins, "instant" $-returns shown in your wallet on some dodgy trading-dashboard, a telegram group with a lot of "users" pledging for the legitimacy of the program, an insane fee you have to pay upfront to get the payout (they could just subtract your total amount)....

Do NOT transfer any more money to their account's.
In fact, your only chance to (maybe) get your initial money back is to contact a attorney for legal advice. In some places there are consumer protection agencies which will help you for free. The chance is slim, but maybe worth a try!

You're basically telling me to stop this trading midway.. ?

1 hour ago, Sabth said:

You're basically telling me to stop this trading midway.. ?

It's a SCAM! Those individuals stole your money. 
There is no trading at all. The numbers you see in your wallet are a means to an end. A way to delude you into thinking you actaully made money. 

Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

Edited by undeather

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

15 minutes ago, undeather said:

It's a SCAM! Those individuals stole your money. 
There is no trading at all. The numbers you see in your wallet are a means to an end. A way to delude you into thinking you actaully made money. 

Why is that so difficult to comprehend?

How would you know that it is a scam if you haven't paid the money? Only after you've paid it and they don't give back the money can you say it's a scam.

They stole your money and you won't get your $750 back because you probably paid them in cryptocurrency, either way you won't get it back. Anyone who falls for scams like these doesn't really understand how money is made, stop trying to get something for nothing. You are offering no value and expecting money in return. 

I've lost some money to scams years ago too, but it was a small amount and the scam was way cleverer than this.

15 minutes ago, Sabth said:

How would you know that it is a scam if you haven't paid the money? Only after you've paid it and they don't give back the money can you say it's a scam.

It's a scam because there's no reliable monetary mechanism, business or strategy in existence that could turn your $750 into $22,500 in that short amount of time. Understand that at the very least.

Go get a job or go to collage.

Edited by MarkKol

14 minutes ago, Sabth said:

If there is a person standing in front of your door with a knife and you see him, would you open the door to check if he is a killer or not? Or would you keep the door shut? You don't have to know if it's a scam to stay out of scams. You just have to be aware of what a scam looks like. 

16 minutes ago, An young being said:

If there is a person standing in front of your door with a knife and you see him, would you open the door to check if he is a killer or not? Or would you keep the door shut? You don't have to know if it's a scam to stay out of scams. You just have to be aware of what a scam looks like. 

Are you saying everyone that I have messaged from that group is a scammer? Those everyone who have got their money(their part) are they all a scammer? 

None of them would lend me a money though. Even though they just won a large amount of money. 

Are they all a liars? 

They said they have gotten that amount that they've been promised. 

Edited by Sabth

7 minutes ago, Sabth said:

Are you saying everyone that I have messaged from that group is a scammer? Those everyone who have got their money(their part) are they all a scammer? 

None of them would lend me a money though. Even though they just won a large amount of money. 

Are they all a liars? 

They said they have gotten that amount that they've been promised. 

It's very easy to create multiple accounts or even hire people or bots to make it look like there are multiple followers or users. Unless you know anyone personally from that group, it's a scam. If somebody promises you a huge amount of money for no or less work, you should run away from them asap.

Edited by An young being

39 minutes ago, Sabth said:

How would you know that it is a scam if you haven't paid the money?

The same way you know that when you see an ad that says "attention: you've got a virus! immediate action necessary" on a website, you know that you would have a virus once you clicked on that shit.

Are they all a liars?

Yes. They are. They could be bots or alt accounts. It's not that difficult to do. Just assume that they're smarter than you. These scams scam hundreds of thousands people each year, they've got the science of this down to the atom. They know more about this topic than you, they know what to say.

beep boop

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

The same way you know that when you see an ad that says "attention: you've got a virus! immediate action necessary" on a website, you know that you would have a virus once you clicked on that shit.

Yes. They are. They could be bots or alt accounts. It's not that difficult to do. Just assume that they're smarter than you. These scams scam hundreds of thousands people each year, they've got the science of this down to the atom. They know more about this topic than you, they know what to say.

I never even bat an eye on that virus thing. 

An elderly guy said he spent his $84,596 on medication . Some renovation and the other said he had lend to someone but that person didn't pay him back . All these people had done the trade. Some said they want to do for another round. I just felt bad because I couldn't pay that $713. 

10 minutes ago, Sabth said:

I never even bat an eye on that virus thing. 

An elderly guy said he spent his $84,596 on medication . Some renovation and the other said he had lend to someone but that person didn't pay him back . All these people had done the trade. Some said they want to do for another round. I just felt bad because I couldn't pay that $713. 

Nice they invent whole lives and backstory

@PurpleTree there are a lot more. Most show their money in cash, buying gold, and buying motorcycle etc. 

After they've done it. 

Edited by Sabth

3 minutes ago, Sabth said:

@PurpleTree there are a lot more. Most show their money in cash, buying gold, and buying motorcycle etc. 

After they've done it. 

They show but they don't have.

5 minutes ago, Sabth said:

there are a lot more. Most show their money in cash, buying gold, and buying motorcycle etc. 

After they've done it. 

Try reverse Googling for the images (if you use Google Chrome I think). They can be sloppy somtimes and just get their images off of random Facebook profiles.

beep boop

I think it was true it was their money and their pictures, but are they all a scammers? 

1 hour ago, Sabth said:

Well, it really boils down to basic common sense and knowledge about how the internet works. 
Don't feeld bad about it, it really can happen to anyone who is not acquinted with the space. 

Here are some rules:

1) SCAMs are ubiquitous and extremely common. This is especially true for the crypto-space. Be very careful with your private information & money transfers. The bigger and more established platforms (like the big crypto exchanges) are usually the safer choices. 
2) If somebody promises you fast and easy money, it will be almost certainly  a scam.
3) Any offers shared on telegram are highly suspicious (It's THE tool for scammers to look for prey)
4) People bragging about their earnings = red flag.
5) Use google ato check for reports about a certain platform (like people getting scammed).

Also, watch this:

Edited by undeather

- Rainer Maria Rilke

You got screwed for being too lazy to work and hoping to find a magic potion.
Cheat codes only work on GTA, eh.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Then be done with it. This was an expensive lesson, but imagine if, one day, you had a lot more money and would've gotten sammed for 10000 bucks. The internet is comparable with the wild west. You can easily loose a bunch of money and no police will be able to help because most of these scammer come from places where the police is corrupt and doesn't give a shit about them and their scams. $750 is still a good amount for such a lesson. Some people have lost millions in these crypto scams 

beep boop