lina

Palestine/Israel war - What can we do to stop this genocide?

189 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

The USA is the only country that can stop it. 

Imagine that if instead of supplying military and financial aid to Israeli's apartheid regime, official US policy was to treat Israeli as a pariah state to be ostracized from the international community, similar to how such pressure helped to put an end apartheid in South Africa.

Sadly, that's not the world we're living in though.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

12 hours ago, Merkabah Star said:

it’s getting so bad Egypt is going to have to let people in or the UN will have to boat people out?

It seems that what Israel wants but Palestinians don't want to leave their land because they are worried it will be another Nakba. 

22 minutes ago, lina said:

It seems that what Israel wants but Palestinians don't want to leave their land because they are worried it will be another Nakba. 

It is a Nakba. 

On 16/10/2023 at 11:34 AM, Lila9 said:

What is really Nazi is to kill innocent people the way Hamas did, merely because they are Israeli or Jewish

The moment Palestinian civilians get involved like they are, then anything Hamas does becomes obselete. 
Palestinian civilian lives should have priority over Hamas suffering. Those are the wars of law. Unfortunately Israel lacks the will to respect them.

@Karmadhi well, hamas uses them as human shield. But lets only accuse Israel and fall into hamas hands.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch Hamas is less powerful therefore Israel has more responsibility here.

Whoever has the power has also the responsibility.

Hamas is like a cancer in Palestine society and Israel instead of surgically removing it while ensuring the safety of the patient is just blowing the patient to bits since that also destroys the cancer.

What sort of solution is that?

And YES Israel has the moral responsbility to do it well since they are the powerful side with weastern support.

The west should only support surgical solutions not blowing people to bits solutions.

Unfortunately ,in that neighbourhoods are genocides and forced assimilation is common occurrences during the previous century. Kurds, Armenians, Greeks, Syrian Christians, Assyrians, African slavery on East Africa and sectarian violence between Shia and Sunni which might come close to genocidial have been going on in background of the Palestinian conflict and receive little attention in comparison to this conflict. The point being selective outrage and denying other atrocities. The war in Yemen is consider on of the worst humanitarian catastrophe, according to the UN. The point is not compare atrocities but if you claim that you care form humans you must try to stay consistent .I am open to evolve, change or adjust my take on Israel if evidence shows them being bad or whatever people are claiming them of being. However, It seems from my limited perspective that Isreal is more open to live among different perspective, as long as it is not a perspective which means sacrificing their survival. And yes, Isreal perspective have become more extreme, but a troublesome reaction to the terror attack was seeing pro palestian people abroad celebrating the attack in open free democratic countries, which is terrible publicity for your cause. 

Edited by ArcticGong
Missed some words

16 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

@Nivsch Hamas is less powerful therefore Israel has more responsibility here.

Whoever has the power has also the responsibility.

Hamas is like a cancer in Palestine society and Israel instead of surgically removing it while ensuring the safety of the patient is just blowing the patient to bits since that also destroys the cancer.

What sort of solution is that?

And YES Israel has the moral responsbility to do it well since they are the powerful side with weastern support.

The west should only support surgical solutions not blowing people to bits solutions.

How can one perform those surgical solutions if Hamas places their basements in tunnels under hospitals and schools?

What else can Israel do? Israel has already instructed the people there to evacuate. Is Israel responsible for the fact that they are not evacuating (due to Hamas orders and death threats)?

I personally don't know if what Israel is doing now is the right way to eliminate Hamas or if there is a better way to do so, or if it's even possible. I think that things will become clearer with time.

I also agree that killing innocent civilians is not okay, and it's a tragedy on its own. I feel for both sides when it comes to children and non-combatants who have nothing to do with this.

But it's also hard for me to believe the propaganda from the Palestinian side and accept this narrative as the only truth. It's difficult to believe that Israel killed 2000 children with bombs in two days. It's hard for me to believe that they bombed them without warning and time to escape. It's hard to believe that Hamas did all they could to protect them and not use them as shields. It's also hard to believe that this is the actual number, that they have already identified 2000 bodies of bombed children in two days. The process of identifying bodies takes some time, not two days, especially if they are rescued from under the demolished buildings.

Anyway, regardless of the number, it's a tragedy that these children were born into such a life, in such a situation, with adults who put them in harm's way instead of protecting them and an army that bombs their towns for crimes they didn't commit.

"The Son of Hamas," whose father was one of Hamas' founders and who knew them very closely, elaborated on how Hamas cynically uses children and civilians. He also talked about the general mindset that these people are raised with under Hamas leadership. The general mindset is to blame Israel for everything, including their poor conditions that could be improved if the leadership weren't so corrupt.

He said that Palestinians and other Arab countries should take Israel as an example rather than blindly hating it. It's a good interview.

Let Love In

On 10/13/2023 at 7:02 PM, Leo Gura said:

Why should Israelis supply their enemies? This is an unreasonable expectation.

Having radical leadership comes with serious consequences. When the Allies were fighting the Nazis, a lot of civilians were killed and displaced. That's the consequence of electing Nazis as your leaders. Even though most Germans didn't vote for Nazis. But they all paid the price.

Yes, war is ugly, which is why it's imperative to support leadership who don't want to lead you into war. Once the war starts it's too late.

Obama recently said that cutting off cutting off food, water, and electricity to Gaza could backfire.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/oct/24/obama-israel-food-water-gaza