Buck Edwards

I want to do some speed reading, tips appreciated

12 posts in this topic

I was on one speedreading workshop, what they made us do is to look in the middle of the 2 pages and then with corner of your eyes you glanse the pages it will be blury ofc, then you turn pages for example 20 pages fast.(this is for like your subconcious taking in the information when you read those pages it will be like you read it somewhere).

Then you go back and there is another technique called snake, you go with finger in snake like movement towards the bottom of the page seeing the key words and getting the point of the paragraph, key words are enough to give you sense of whats going on...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

I wanna do speed reading. Any suggestions would be cool. 

Use ai tools to summarise the content.;)

@Buck Edwards

Here's the point imo. When you learn to find quality information and analyze it carefully there's no need to do it fast.

Who told you that "others" are real?

8 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I was on one speedreading workshop, what they made us do is to look in the middle of the 2 pages and then with corner of your eyes you glanse the pages it will be blury ofc, then you turn pages for example 20 pages fast.(this is for like your subconcious taking in the information when you read those pages it will be like you read it somewhere).

Then you go back and there is another technique called snake, you go with finger in snake like movement towards the bottom of the page seeing the key words and getting the point of the paragraph, key words are enough to give you sense of whats going on...

Sounds like Photoreading.

Did you have success with this method?

8 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

I do a bit of skimming

Book in my book list teaches you how to speed read.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@aurum Yes its photoreading now i remember,you also use it ideally before bed to retain more information,i did this method while ago i was shocked it was working ,but at that time i had bad Adhd so i was jumping from one thing to another,so i havent done it for long enough to tell you if its working for bigger bits of information i was using it for not more than 10-20 pages and it was working...

Edited by NoSelfSelf

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@aurum Yes its photoreading now i remember,you also use it ideally before bed to retain more information,i did this method while ago i was shocked it was working ,but at that time i had bad Adhd so i was jumping from one thing to another,so i havent done it for long enough to tell you if its working for bigger bits of information i was using it for not more than 10-20 pages and it was working...

Never heard of it before. Sounds interesting!