Princess Arabia

Autism and Spirituality

60 posts in this topic

It seems like there is a trend here. Lots of Autistic individuals turn to Spirituality or are they just naturally inclined. I'm really curious as to why. Just on this forum alone I see many who are either Autistic or have ADHD. Does it have something to do with a particular side of the brain and how they interpret the world? They are usually very smart too and artistic. Are you the youngest in the family and are you considered the black sheep, since the black sheep is usually the one to Awaken first and is usually the youngest. I'm considered the black sheep but I'm not Autistic, or I don't think so, anyway. Can you be Autistic and have ADHD at the same time?

Any of you beautiful Autistic ones want to enlighten me. I would love to understand the correlation between Autism and Spirituality.

Edited by Princess Arabia

One Love....

15 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Can you be Autistic and have ADHD at the same time?

Yep, me, me!

16 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

They are usually very smart too and artistic.

I actually am pretty terrible when it comes to art, but I do like someone who is extremely talented with art, and they think they may be autistic.

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

2 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Yep, me, me!

I actually am pretty terrible when it comes to art, but I do like someone who is extremely talented with art, and they think they may be autistic.

Look at your profile pic. That's art. Even if it's AI generated and you didn't personally draw it. It still takes an artistic person to come up with that image as a profile pic.

Is Autism related to ADHD. Do they have the same characteristics?

One Love....

Yes typically those that FIT IN more are more Asleep -- but see it as normal -- as it it is in fact the norm -- but obviously judge others that are different due to tribal chimp behavior -- not questioning their assumptions, lack of critical thinking about the society they are a part of.

whereas obviously, ADHD and autistic people are obviously heavily outcasted for their inability or struggles to be like everyone else -- this cause internal tension -- which naturally the outside world won't fix for you since you're a weirdo, creates a dilemma that can only be solved by looking inward not externally. And hence over time losing attachment to social conventions, the need to fit in, etc...

I think with the second group, it kinda reinforces each other. The not fitting in is a consequence of being different but it's also very painful to not be accepted by anybody. So you seek answers in deeper stuff like philosophy, spirituality, and so on... 

Unless you're very advanced already, karmically or whatever, then in this case maybe probably you just DONT GIVE A SHIT ANYWAY and roll with it and be unaffected. People will probably gravitate towards a person like this because they're not putting on an ACT all the fucking time. 

Hence, people love weirdos that LOVE and are at PEACE with themselves. 

but if you cannot accept yourself you are a prime target for the chimp's bullying. 

maybe you're the chimp attacking yourself in your own head to begin with (self-hate)

Edited by PenguinPablo

44 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Look at your profile pic. That's art. Even if it's AI generated and you didn't personally draw it. It still takes an artistic person to come up with that image as a profile pic.

That’s honestly one of the nicest things somebody has told me in a while.  

I also totally forgot I came up with it.

Thank you!!

45 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Is Autism related to ADHD. Do they have the same characteristics?

I honestly have no idea. 

Why did the snake need glasses? Because it had a reptile dysfunction!

1 hour ago, Princess Arabia said:

Are you the youngest in the family and are you considered the black sheep

Guilty as charged on both counts! :D

Personally, I have never been tested, but I have always suspected that I might have a slightly autistic streak... don't know how valid my layman's self-assessment really is, but there you go.

11 minutes ago, PenguinPablo said:

Yes typically those that FIT IN more are more Asleep

This actually answers my question to the tee. I'm aware how things are kind of backwards in society compared to what true Reality is like. So, it's like "normal" people who fit in are really the Autistic ones and the Autistic ones sees Reality more as it is. Interesting. It's amazing how life mimics itself. Truly like a mirror. I try to see the parallels in Spirituality and how society/life is set up. For example, how computers work similar to the brain/mind. How it's said God forgets itself to remember itself and people with dementia, how god doesn't make the distinction between tastes and people who lose their sense of taste or even smell, how life/earth is like a school with lessons to be learnt and we have schools in our systems, how God is unconditional Love, and even though most humans are incapable of this, there are pockets in some areas where we see this as in a mother who forgives her child's murderer. It's everywhere, the clues.

One Love....

11 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Guilty as charged on both counts! :D

Personally, I have never been tested, but I have always suspected that I might have a slightly autistic streak... don't know how valid my layman's self-assessment really is, but there you go.

I think you have every trait in the book. Autism, ADHD, COPDHR, MORPZ ADZ.......to be continued. You knew I had to mess with you my dearest sweetie pie.

One Love....

Not autistic, not ADHD, but maybe a little schizotypal.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Not autistic, not ADHD, but maybe a little schizotypal.

You eccentric you. Just looked it up because I never heard of it. Jimmy Hendrix was considered eccentric, so was Prince and Michael Jackson, so maybe you have some musical talents. Do you? I see the other symptoms, too, including distorted view of Reality, so maybe you see it closer to how it really is and we're the distorted ones. I see things backwards now from how society sees the world.

One Love....

Just now, Princess Arabia said:

I think you have every trait in the book. Autism, ADHD, COPDHR, MORPZ ADZ.......to be continued. You knew I had to mess with you my dearest sweetie pie.

Oh, I definitely have ADD though! (Without the H between the D's, mind you... in spite of my bombastic online demeanor, I have always been more of the quiet daydreaming type. Especially back in school where I really learned to master the noble art of sleeping with open eyes, lol.)

Do you know Gabor Maté? He is a Canadian psychologist who wrote a book on AD(H)D called Scattered Minds, and let me tell you, that one was a real eye opener for me... it was basically a detailed description of my entire f@$!ing life! I swear, the title of that book might as well have been 'Bazooka Jesus: Biography Of A Grandiose Goofball'. While reading it, I asked myself "holy crap... how does this guy know all of this stuff about me? I better check my apartment for hidden surveillance cameras, ugh!"

Definitely recommend that one if you're interested in the subject!

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

You eccentric you. Just looked it up because I never heard of it. Jimmy Hendrix was considered eccentric, so was Prince and Michael Jackson, so maybe you have some musical talents. Do you?

I've played guitar since I was 11, so sure.

3 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

I see the other symptoms, too, including distorted view of Reality, so maybe you see it closer to how it really is and we're the distorted ones. I see things backwards now from how society sees the world.

I think of it as being on the "psychosis spectrum". Almost all the symptoms seem to fit me to some degree, although it's become milder over the years.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I do have an add diagnosis

i think it’s just the suffering that makes them gravitate towards a “solution “

@Princess Arabia psychiatrist diagnostic is a biased framing.

It help the ego creating a convenient frame to explain itself.

It's a strong Barnum effect.

Just like mbti is completely non sense.

Now I know you like them like a new found bible to fill the void.

You're what you are and act like you have to.

nowhere in the bio  @VahnAeris 

2 hours ago, AerisVahnEphelia said:

@Princess Arabia psychiatrist diagnostic is a biased framing.

It help the ego creating a convenient frame to explain itself.

It's a strong Barnum effect.

And the Barnum effect isn't?

8 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Oh, I definitely have ADD though! (Without the H between the D's, mind you... in spite of my bombastic online demeanor, I have always been more of the quiet daydreaming type. Especially back in school where I really learned to master the noble art of sleeping with open eyes, lol.)

Do you know Gabor Maté? He is a Canadian psychologist who wrote a book on AD(H)D called Scattered Minds, and let me tell you, that one was a real eye opener for me... it was basically a detailed description of my entire f@$!ing life! I swear, the title of that book might as well have been 'Bazooka Jesus: Biography Of A Grandiose Goofball'. While reading it, I asked myself "holy crap... how does this guy know all of this stuff about me? I better check my apartment for hidden surveillance cameras, ugh!"

Definitely recommend that one if you're interested in the subject!

Had to look him up, but I've definitely seen him in an interview before, forget with whom, maybe Jay Shetty or Lewis Howes. Guess he was also Autistic or ADHD. He's brilliant in his field. I guess there are certain traits that's prevalent within this area and common among the personality type that's easily recognizable and predictable why he was able to predict your behaviours. This, to me, is another example where there is no Self, it's just the characteristics of energy at play.

This is why we can predict certain personality types because it's not the person doing these things it's energy in motion manipulated by thought patterns and filtered through our perceptions, and Autistic people see things in a familiar way because of how the energy is being routed. This probably goes for pretty much any type of behavioral patterns seen in the different categories of people and we go about life thinking there is someone behind the scenes when it's all just energy at play. This is how I see it, anyway. This is really fascinating to me, especially when I even observe myself and the people around me. I can see in myself the way how I'm not doing certain things, per se, but something that's influencing my behaviours that i'm not in control of or could be if I was more conscious, idk. but I'm still aware of it.

The thing I'm not certain of, though, is if one becomes fully conscious, if that still is the case or is the energy routed differently depended on our consciousness levels or states, meaning the more conscious one becomes the more that person is operating from their own will and not because of a programming or pattern Are you still able to predict someone's behaviour at a very high level of consciousness VS it being able to predict someone more easily because their consciousness level is low, and if this goes for every levels inbetween as to how predictable one can be. I hope I'm making sense in how I'm explaining this because I know what I'm asking but not sure if I'm wording it correctly. I find people who have a low level of consciousness more predictable than say someone whose level is higher. Do you understand what I'm saying or asking.

Edited by Princess Arabia

One Love....

28 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Had to look him up, but I've definitely seen him in an interview before, forget with whom, maybe Jay Shetty or Lewis Howes. Guess he was also Autistic or ADHD. He's brilliant in his field.

Yeah, that guy is great. He is basically Iike a spiritually evolved stage green version of J. Peterson that doesn't sound like Kermit the freaking frog. Plus he is a self-admitted pathological classical music junkie, so there definitely is a lot of common ground between the two of us, heh.

I also read another book by him called In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts; that one is about the first hand experiences that he had with his patients as a doctor working in an addiction clinic in Canada, and I have to say that it is one of the best written books that I have ever come across. Mr. Maté is not only a great psychologist but also an AMAZING storyteller who isn't afraid to lay bare his very soul in whatever he is writing. I cannot recommend these books enough!

38 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This, to me, is another example where there is no Self, it's just the characteristics of energy at play.

This is why we can predict certain personality types because it's not the person doing these things it's energy in motion manipulated by thought patterns and filtered through our perceptions, and Autistic people see things in a familiar way because of how the energy is being routed. This probably goes for pretty much any type of behavioral patterns seen in the different categories of people and we go about life thinking there is someone behind the scenes when it's all just energy at play. This is how I see it, anyway. This is really fascinating to me, especially when I even observe myself and the people around me. I can see in myself the way how I'm not doing certain things, per se, but something that's influencing my behaviours that i'm not in control of or could be if I was more conscious, idk. but I'm still aware of it.

I agree 100%. This is why the Eastern concept of Karma makes a lot of sense to me; we're all literally bundles of impersonal energy that only cosplays as autonomous entities that we like to call 'humans'.

But as I see it, becoming conscious of this doesn't mean that now all of a sudden you have free (personal) will; it just means that consciousness is becoming conscious of its own dynamic, so to speak... which can affect the way you as a person are behaving, true, but it is still the same kind of impersonal force that plays itself out, only in a somewhat different way. Just like every action has a consequence, the (non-)act of self recognition also has a certain effect, but still the show goes on as it always has.

This is why I keep telling people that regarding spirituality as a way to escape or fundamentally change the game of life is a fallacy, and a very dangerous one at that. And why it has been said that enlightenment is the ego's ultimate disappointment.

11 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

Are you the youngest in the family and are you considered the black sheep, since the black sheep is usually the one to Awaken first and is usually the youngest. I'm considered the black sheep but I'm not Autistic, or I don't think so, anyway. Can you be Autistic and have ADHD at the same time?

What do you guys mean by black sheep? I know only of this one.

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

This is why I keep telling people that regarding spirituality as a way to escape or fundamentally change the game of life is a fallacy, and a very dangerous one at that. And why it has been said that enlightenment is the ego's ultimate disappointment.

Ok forget about the word "Enlightenment" for a sec, since that can be misinterpreted and mean different things to different people. Since, it is energy at play, wouldn't it mean that the more conscious you become or more aware, the energy will be manipulated through you in a way where it would become more "God-like"? So, in that sense, what's really happening is you become so conscious and more aware that the energy flow is directed through you with less filters and the direction in which it turns would be more going towards the path to God. In other words, going back to the word Enlightenment, it is still worth pursuing because, even though it may be your natural state, we are still operating through filters and programming and, as humans, we have the power to direct the energy where we want it to go but most of us are lost and are oblivious to the direct path to God or even recognize that this is what we're actually doing in life.

So becoming "Enlightened" will allow the energy to flow in the way it was intended to as opposed to it being distorted and flowing through disturbances and being blocked by energetic patterns that causes it to not flow smoothly as in throwing rocks in a stream causing the water to divert away from its original flow. 

One Love....