Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

Here is a little girl working very hard to survive, all with a smile on her face

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Karmadhi You chose to run away from the question above.

The excess material damage problem is real with this I agree. 

Israelis are also getting killed every day in Gaza if you weren't pay attention.

An exercise question: would you react the same if Portugal murdered 1500 spanish people and Spain in response would act similarly to Israel (which is very likely)?

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Raze I think you cannot expect empathy from pro Isralis here if you refuse to acknowledge Israelis trauma and instead just dehumanize them and avoid responsibility from your side.

This conflict will end when both sides will recognize their equal right and belonging both of them have on this land. After all, most of the Palestinians came here only a little before Israel was established.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

2 hours ago, Nivsch said:

An exercise question: would you react the same if Portugal murdered 1500 spanish people and Spain in response would act similarly to Israel (which is very likely)?

Yes I would. Especially if Portugal had oppressed and murdered the Spanish for decades beforehand. Even without that background I still would. Genocide on live tv will always get that response. Israelis  are not immune to it.

I do not think they would act the same way. I have never seen this amount of hatred and desire to make others suffer in my life. Both sides here have hatred which is unseen anywhere else in the world. Armenia and Azerbajan come close but this is far worse. When USA was hit on 9/11 did the public support genocide and starving millions of kids? I don't think so. And that was in 2001. Few days ago one of your lovely ministers made a speech where she felt proud about Gaza being destroyed. I never saw any such speech from a US minister. 

Edited by Karmadhi

Edited by Raze

@Karmadhi Ok as I suspected - a waste of time 🙂

6 hours ago, Karmadhi said:

Yes I would. Especially if Portugal had oppressed and murdered the Spanish for decades beforehand. Even without that background I still would. Genocide on live tv will always get that response. Israelis  are not immune to it.

I do not think they would act the same way. I have never seen this amount of hatred and desire to make others suffer in my life. Both sides here have hatred which is unseen anywhere else in the world. Armenia and Azerbajan come close but this is far worse. When USA was hit on 9/11 did the public support genocide and starving millions of kids? I don't think so. And that was in 2001. Few days ago one of your lovely ministers made a speech where she felt proud about Gaza being destroyed. I never saw any such speech from a US minister. 

All this rational exercises are made based on assumptions and in subjective outcomes. We make a choice and then we think what outcome would result if x or y or z would be the case. I am not makimg a critic if this way of thinking. This is exacly who political actors make their choices. 

@Raze Yes very sad. Don't forget to blame also hamas in this, he is the main responsible. Thank you.

Edited by Nivsch

2 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

@Raze Yes very sad. Don't forget to blame also hamas in this, he is the main responsible. Thank you.

What is most important is turning inward and observing how we blame ourselves. Not running away from pain, but actually feeling it and understanding it.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

18 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

What is most important is turning inward and observing how we blame ourselves. Not running away from pain, but actually feeling it and understanding it.

It is hard to do self reflection in a thread infected with toxic unjust rediculous misunderstanding of Israeli culture.

Edited by Nivsch

Just now, Nivsch said:

Yes but to clean a toxic unjust rediculous misunderstanding of Israeli culture that this thread is infected with feel often more needed to me.

Kind of like how Hitler felt the need to clean his nation.

Hatred never wins in the long-term.

@Anton Rogachevski Great interview.

Since he is an ex-Gazan I feel it is more important than usual to sammaries his interview more prominently this time.

Screenshot_20240225-210943_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211005_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211008_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211015_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211011_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211027_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

7 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Kind of like how Hitler felt the need to clean his nation.

Hatred never wins in the long-term.

I won't respond to that. This is insane. Check your comparisons and pre biases about Israelis you have a lot of work to do from what I see.

3 minutes ago, Nivsch said:

I won't respond to that. This is insane. Check your comparisons and pre biases about Israelis you have a lot of work to do from what I see.

I don’t equate what terrorist organizations are doing compared to governments. However, it is important to realize that all sides are expressing hate one way or another, to different degrees. 

Part 2 of @Anton Rogachevski Link summary. You want to believe it ok, you want not to believe ok too I only can put this here.

I know the Israeli culture for 36 years and saw and heard conversations and our education for years. Not just the trauma response you judge.

Screenshot_20240225-211042_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211044_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211047_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211051_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211053_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240225-211055_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Nivsch

I can feel the pain of this war from both sides. Not just one.

Imagine a child watching their mother and father arguing constantly. Which side does the child choose? 

Edited by Yimpa

15 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I can feel the pain of this war from both sides. Not just one.

Imagine a child watching their mother and father arguing constantly. Which side does the child choose? 

To ensure the whole body's long term health (Israelis + Palestinians) you need to decide who is the real virus (terrorist) and who is the immune system even if indeed overreacted and caused extra damage. Being neutral won't do any good long term.

Edited by Nivsch