Leo Gura

New War In Israel / Gaza

7,527 posts in this topic

@Hardkill They also got lots of orthodox religious fundamentalists and nationalism.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Hardkill They also got lots of orthodox religious fundamentalists.

America also has a massive amount of evangelicals and other large sects of fundamentalist Christians. America still has a larger percentage of religious folk than Western European countries and Canada do. Especially with the large amount rabid Trumpists there are in the US.

Edited by Hardkill

4 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

America also has a massive amount of evangelicals and other large sects of fundamentalist Christians.

Yes, although I think Israel is much more captured by religious fundamentalists than the US.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Yes, although I think Israel is much more captured by religious fundamentalists than the US.

Hmm...well to be fair, Israel was made to be a home primarily for Jews and possibly for Arabs. After everything the Jews have been through in all of history, they are doing everything they can to protect their precious territory. I guess that's why Zionism has continued and will continue on as a prominent force in Israel for the foreseeable future.

7 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

they are doing everything they can to protect their precious territory.

There's the rub. Who says it's theirs?

A perfect example of relativity in action.

Edited by Leo Gura

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There's the rub. Who says it's theirs?

A perfect example of relativity in action.

Then, where are the Jews supposed to go? Don't they deserve a homeland?

12 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

I'm pretty sure many poor countries would sell a piece of their territories for them. They feel entitled to that land for religious reasons.

Edited by Tudo

12 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

1) Where are the Palestinians supposed to go?

2) Not every ethnic group gets a homeland.

3) Jews already have a homeland. The issue is them expanding into someone else's homeland. Jews losing all their land is not even on the table.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

1) Where are the Palestinians supposed to go?

2) Not every ethnic group deserves or gets a homeland.

3) Jews already have a homeland. The issue is them expanding into someone else's homeland.

Well, I believe that there should be a two state solution.

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Well, I believe that there should be a two state solution.

Yeah, well, Netanyahu ain't on board for that. He wants to weasle out more land.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Yeah, well, Netanyahu ain't on board for that. He wants to weasle out more land.

Yeah, it's very unfortunate that where he stands.

Good footage:

More footage:

This is very sad. I now feel like the whole world is going to hell with all of these wars going on in the world. What's next? China invading Taiwan next year?

It also saddens me that it seems like Israel is doomed to never reached any peace agreement with the Palestinians and other Arab countries within our lifetimes.

There are still a lot of unanswered questions here.   Is it credible to believe this massive attack got by Israeli intelligence, which is the best in the world, better than the CIA?   The other issue is does Russia have any role in this attack?  I saw one YouTube video of Palestinians praising Putin.

In my opinion, this isn’t totally unrelated to the Ukraine war.   That’s why sending billions to Ukraine to fuel the war is insane.  Our main goal here should be to stop a nuclear war.   If Israel attacks Iran, this could easily spiral out of control.   Our leaders are incompetent.   America has to come to an agreement with Russia.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

With the authoritarian global shift over the last two decades, we now have two of the more dangerous governments facing off, both soon to have nukes. 

Are we done shifting authoritarian yet? Have we seen enough and validated that part of ourselves enough? Can we start trying to balance ourselves? How many wars do we need before we mediate and moderate? This only continues to get worse if we keep unbalancing ourselves. The constant need for our authority to extend over others is a black hole. 

Who am I speaking about? You reading this.

15 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

With the authoritarian global shift over the last two decades, we now have two of the more dangerous governments facing off, both soon to have nukes. 

What are you referring to? Palestine doesn’t have nukes.

20 minutes ago, Raze said:

What are you referring to?  

You, and everyone else reading this. The entire shift of the last two decades in every individual here.

Palestine doesn't have nukes

You are disconnecting pieces and not seeing the whole.
Iran will have nukes in the next years, if you believe their claims they are close now.

Edited by BlueOak

Iran having a nuke doesn't change anything. They are not suicidal. There would be no point in using it. All the nuke does is prevent the US from invading you.

Edited by Leo Gura