r0ckyreed

Why My Hand Cannot Grasp Itself

194 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Yes, I believe that could be, but if you become unlimited, what else can you understand?

Plenty

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

My hand cannot grasp itself because it is itself. To grasp is to assume a duality between what is grasped and the thing the grasps. The hand itself cannot grasp itself in the same way that you cannot bite your own teeth.

But here is the interesting paradox. If the hand cannot grasp itself, then how can God create/grasp itself?

EXACTLY!

The hand/god can never grasp itself... it can only be itself. The one million dollar question is: Is the hand / is God conscious of the fact that it is itself?

Why so serious?

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

EXACTLY!

The hand/god can never grasp itself... it can only be itself. The one million dollar question is: Is the hand / is God conscious of the fact that it is itself?

Well, are you?

The experiental exploration is precisely infinite because that which God is can't ever be exhausted. It is so much NOTHING that it becomes absolutely EVERYTHING. But that doesn't mean that the exploration stops – in the contrary!

As soon as you sort of wake up to yourself – that's when it begins to get really interesting. For we are now lucid. And God's creativity is infinite.

Edited by vibv

The Secret of this Universe is You.

my music

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Is that what you kids call jerking off these days?

@Leo Gura Definitely a lot of new theories coming up for real man. 

Edited by BuddhistLover

"Reality is a Love Simulator"-Leo Gura

16 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Plenty

Could be. I guess it requires being able to be in the infinite state longer, not just moments. It's a matter of pressure. There is still too much pressure to get out of that state, any slightest distortion, desire to understand, causes the limitation to return. but I think it's possible.

Edited by Breakingthewall

3 minutes ago, vibv said:

Well, are you?

Wrong question, brother. Being God and being you have nothing to do with each other. ;)

Why so serious?

21 minutes ago, vibv said:

As soon as you sort of wake up to yourself – that's when it begins to get really interesting. For we are now lucid. And God's creativity is infinite.

My realization is that this is now the infinite and I am infinite, it is everything, it is total freedom and the content does not matter exactly the same, there is nothing to understand because it is irrelevant, the infinite is everything, you open yourself to it, you are. That's it, there is nothing more, there cannot be

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

For me you are right. if you want to open yourself to the absolute, you must leave understanding behind. The mind that wants to understand is the obstacle, the door. You can't open the door with the door, you have to remove it. Open yourself now to the reality that you are. open your heart, leave greed and merge with yourself, be in all your wonderful breadth without limit, in the total diaphanousness of infinity. Let yourself fall into the void, now. It is not understanding, it is action. action of opening . then your smile is total, without a slightest stain of doubt: this is it.  the total amplitude. Hallelujah.

dab099_a259ca77b7c64971a891858bfae294e6~mv2.gif

See? I knew we'd eventually agree on something! :D

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

My realization is that this is now the infinite and I am infinite, it is everything, it is total freedom and the content does not matter exactly the same, there is nothing to understand because it is irrelevant, the infinite is everything, you open yourself to it, you are. That's it, there is nothing more, there cannot be

There’s infinitely more.

my music

25 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Wrong question, brother. Being God and being you have nothing to do with each other. ;)

God is being you.

my music

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

dab099_a259ca77b7c64971a891858bfae294e6~mv2.gif

See? I knew we'd eventually agree on something! :D

Great, because in the other thread I told you that you deserve to be dragged among the cacti before being buried alive ?

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

Ah, more than infinity. How? 

No, Infinity itself.

my music

Just now, vibv said:

No, Infinity itself.

Infinity is infinity, Its content is irrelevant due to the fact that it is infinite. There are infinite things in it, so it doesn't matter to you if you know one or a hundred thousand, they are nothing, the only thing you have to realize is the infinity, that's all. there's no more. game over.

Just now, Breakingthewall said:

Infinity is infinity, Its content is irrelevant due to the fact that it is infinite. There are infinite things in it, so it doesn't matter to you if you know one or a hundred thousand, they are nothing, the only thing you have to realize is the infinity, that's all. there's no more. game over.

Completely wrong. That would be a pretty terrible infinity.

my music

You guys are just stuck in mind. Human finite mind. That's what it does, it chases understanding infinitely. It can imagine and question itself infinitely. That's how questions and imagination work. First you try to understand yourself through science and materialism. Now you move to understanding awakening experiences. And you think doing the latter is somehow more true and spiritual. It's just a relative infinite regress through a different paradigm.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

12 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Great, because in the other thread I told you that you deserve to be dragged among the cacti before being buried alive ?

xDxDxDxDxD

Guess I had it coming, lol!

Why so serious?

18 minutes ago, Osaid said:

You guys are just stuck in mind. Human finite mind. That's what it does, it chases understanding infinitely. It can imagine and question itself infinitely. That's how questions and imagination work. First you try to understand yourself through science and materialism. Now you move to understanding awakening experiences. And you think doing the latter is somehow more true and spiritual. It's just a relative infinite regress through a different paradigm.

Infinity will never be exhausted, simple as that. It can’t be. It’s actually pretty obvious.

my music

7 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Who says that? Break the bones in your hand and it will grab itself. 

Contemplate why you cannot pour a cup into itself instead.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Understanding is beyond conceptual.

That’s the part I obviously don’t understand. 

I feel like knowledge and recognition are definitely conceptual and so is understanding. By conceptual, I mean anything the mind is trying to make sense of.

Me thinking about all of this is conceptual. Any insight I get from this form, I also see as conceptual, as it all relates to the mind. I don’t see anything Absolute about understanding but that it is relative to the entity trying to understand.

Understanding I feel like is relative to one’s state of consciousness and depends on mental processes to function. For instance, without attention, awareness, and thoug/ideas/concepts, I don’t see how you could understand something.

In fact, all that we are talking about and an understanding points to some concept that we are grasping and making actual. It’s hard to separate understanding from conceptualization. 

I feel like understanding has a lot to do with language as well. Without conceptualization, there is no understanding other languages, and without understanding other languages, there could be no science, no math, no history, no philosophy, and no awakening?

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false.