Raze

Cent Uygur considering running for President

12 posts in this topic

TITLE: CENK UYGUR ANNOUNCES 2024 PRESIDENTIAL RUN ON BREAKING POINTS

Omg that's so stupid.

Cenk couldn't win his own local district. The guy is getting a bigger ego than Trump.

Cenk is such an attention whore.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Omg that's so stupid.

Cenk couldn't win his own local district. The guy is getting a bigger ego than Trump.

You know, before 2021, he and his TYT crew seemed much more reasonable and chill than they currently are. I wonder if it's because progressives like him have become more and more and more frustrated over the past several years with not getting the amount of progress they want.

But the actually point that he's really now making is that more and more Democrats are saying that Biden shouldn't run again because his approval rating are below 50%. Yet, Biden's approval rating has been only a little bit lower than Obama's was at the same points in each of their presidencies. Also, Biden hasn't even really started his campaign yet. So, when his campaign really takes place then all of the big changes and positive achievements Biden has made as president should really shine bright to the public, which should help improve his chances a lot with winning in 2024.

Edited by Hardkill

He has trouble controlling his emotions and too impulsive.  He would be a horrible president.  He won't win.   Trump purposely says asshole or dumb things to troll people, while Cenk does it unconsciously.  

On 9/29/2023 at 1:37 AM, Leo Gura said:

Omg that's so stupid.

Stupid no. Not yet. 
Being an attention whore works at the minute. Of course, he doesn't have to win to raise his own profile.

It won't always work, but in the era of Trump, drama, and showmanship are enough. Many people want a show, they want the story. They used to go to 80's music concerts to get it, and they speak about Trump like they used to the bands that played. If you watch some old 80s interviews with rock, metal or pop fans you'll see it. They go for the stories, and the people tell them their stories, and then they make up a few stories to feel good. When I started watching Maga interviews without judgment, I saw all that, getting drunk, I saw cheering along with others, feeling part of something that you don't have individual control over etc. I understood finally the group appeal at least.

If you are not into sports, there is a lack of group activity that people can completely lose themselves in without thinking. Is that very dangerous yes as well evidenced, but it's a desire a lot of people have, to switch off their minds and enjoy a show with a large collective group and form that as an ongoing point of their identity. I long for it as well, I would love a social group I could completely stop being serious, stop using my mind 24/7, and just finally relax. We all know the reasons for that, the internet isolation, jobs you can't stop to chat in for 5 minutes, polarization, and narrower preferences. Perspectives people have in almost all situations, which include more seriousness and hyperfocus on realism from politics to dating, to products, to hobbies. The fantasy and need for a story were forced out elsewhere.

It's still about the people who can give a cutting speech, a performance. Its why the Democrats who gave good shows at the impeachment investigations recently made the headline so much. Because it was storytime for the Republicans and a performance they had to match. The hyperfocus on realism in movies and what people traditionally used to use for an escape has the effect of pushing fantasy out of that domain into others.

Edited by BlueOak

Looks like it's official now:

This is gonna be fun. I'm all here for it!

Why so serious?

He cannot legally be President. He was not born in the US. This whole scheme is nonsense.

Edited by Leo Gura

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He cannot legally be President. He was not born in the US. This whole scheme is nonsense.

He knows that, but he says that he's hoping that at the very least this will eventually influence governors Shapiro, Whitmer, Newsom, Moore, Walz, and some other big name Dems to finally step in the race to primary Biden or pressure the Democratic party to pressure Biden to drop out. He seems to genuinely believe that Biden will lose to Trump in 2024.

Edited by Hardkill

1 minute ago, Hardkill said:

He knows that, but he says that he's hoping that at the very least this will eventually influence governors Shapiro, Whitmer, Newsom, Moore, Walz, and some other big name Dems to finally step in the race to primary Biden or pressure the Democratic party to pressure Biden to drop out.

Ridiculous.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Ridiculous.

I think it would seriously be a grave mistake if Biden drop outs because you ALWAYS want to have someone with the incumbency advantage and it's not even clear or certain that any of the other big name Dems like Shapiro, Whitmer, Newsom, Moore, Walz will for sure be able to have the level of appeal that Bill Clinton, let alone Obama during their presidential runs.

In anA lot of people thought that Corey Booker, Kamala Harris, Tim Ryan, or Julian Castro would be the strongest top tier candidates in the 2020 Democratic primary and yet they surprisingly did so poorly than none of them got a single delegate vote.

We also cannot afford to have a blood primary that would rip the Democratic party apart like what happened in 2016.

That's why I really think that it would be way too dicey for the Democratic party if Biden drops out. Yet, there are too many pundits out there who are still panicking about Biden being such a weak incumbent. This is not at all a good way to inspire confidence in Americans that Biden and the Democrats are still the right choice for the people to vote for in 2024. It's also causing such unnecessary nail biting for a lot people including myself. 

Oh well.....I guess this is the price we all have to pay for having democracy in a country with too many stupid people and allowing practically anyone born in the US to run even if you are 100% unqualified for the job. Very sad.

Edited by Hardkill

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

He cannot legally be President. He was not born in the US.

Such an outdated rule. I personally think any legal US citizen should have a shot at being the President. The country is not mature and open-minded enough yet.

“Every sunrise is an invitation to brighten the world with your own unique light.“ - ChatGPT