March

Critique of our dear Leo

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have a critique for Leo. The critique, in short, is about how generalisable, universal, relevant across all cultures of the world Actualized.org teachings are. Leo comes from a Western, American background. Therefore, how applicable are these teachings to say, someone like me who is from a Chinese family / Eastern background? For example, the video about "how to become decisive" some techniques, are (off my memory - I can't remember it that well) about making yourself do something that one would have resistance to. An analogy is that if you are a tree, this is putting frames around the tree to shape it in a linear, almost square-like shape. In the East, in general, one may be more "going with the flow" and being more accepting / "feminine". 

So, this is just an example. Perhaps you (other members) may come up with other examples. But, the point is, is Actualized.org teachings universal, or generalizable across all cultures?

Thanks.

Obviously I make assumptions about your culture being similar to mine (American/Western Democracy) and I also have cultural biases in some of my advice. This is especially true for something like dating advice.

However, my deepest spiritual teachings are pretty universal in that they seek to transcend all culture.

Never apply my advice blindly. You must use your own intelligence to see if the advice suits your unique situation. Just because I say something doesn't mean it will suit you.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

50 minutes ago, March said:

Hi,

I have a critique for Leo. The critique, in short, is about how generalisable, universal, relevant across all cultures of the world Actualized.org teachings are. Leo comes from a Western, American background. Therefore, how applicable are these teachings to say, someone like me who is from a Chinese family / Eastern background? For example, the video about "how to become decisive" some techniques, are (off my memory - I can't remember it that well) about making yourself do something that one would have resistance to. An analogy is that if you are a tree, this is putting frames around the tree to shape it in a linear, almost square-like shape. In the East, in general, one may be more "going with the flow" and being more accepting / "feminine". 

So, this is just an example. Perhaps you (other members) may come up with other examples. But, the point is, is Actualized.org teachings universal, or generalizable across all cultures?

Thanks.

Here is a critique for your critique...have you ever found a teaching that fit the criteria you just asked? In life you take what you can from the advice that is available and you throw away what doesn't fit/align. It's like eating food, your body takes what it needs and expels what it doesn't need. Try to give higher level critiques in the future, because what you just asked for....doesn't exist. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

This didn't really sound like a critique. It's more like a critical question.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

4 hours ago, March said:

Hi,

Thanks.

How is making yourself do something that one has resistance to similar to putting frames around the tree to shape it like a square? What has this got to do with that?

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is especially true for something like dating advice

The idea that "if a girl is not your girlfriend until she sleeps with you" is very very western liberal biased. I know MANY girls from conservative countries that only did it with their partner months after they got together. It can lead guys to loose girls if they push sex too much as some girls take it super slowly and have horrible associations with having sex too fast. Some girls dont care. So culture plays a role. I say it because I am someone from a conservative society living in a western city and the difference is enormous. 

Edited by Karmadhi

@Karmadhi No kidding, My grandfather tricked my grandmother into marrying him. He got her to think that she was pregnant. She totally fell for it because she never went to school.

And here I am xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI