Twega

The Sam Harris Business Model

12 posts in this topic

Think what you'd like about Sam Harris. Honestly, I really like his Life Purpose. Wrote influential books, traveled to India to learn about meditation, and then created a successful meditation app. He had a successful podcast which he then made a membership-only model, and so many found him to be so insightful that they subscribed to listen to his podcast. He has become independent of advertising and youtube monetization.

I have to admire that.

Edited by Twega

@Twega

6 hours ago, Twega said:

Think what you'd like about Sam Harris. Honestly, I really like his Life Purpose. Wrote influential books, traveled to India to learn about meditation, and then created a successful meditation app. He had a successful podcast which he then made a membership-only model, and so many found him to be so insightful that they subscribed to listen to his podcast. He has become independent of advertising and youtube monetization.

I have to admire that.

I do agree,  definitely a good stage orange and green valued person, good example of solid rationality with some intuition and mystical experiences. Good for the mainstream and some spiritual new agers.

But @Leo Gura has exceeded him in other areas, including spirituality and deep deep metaphysical insights.

The Sam Harris business model: selling atheism to spiritual fools.

What an achievement!

:P

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What an achievement!

But that's not nothing, I think you agree. To convince somebody of something in this work is nothing but great at every step.

4 minutes ago, Applegarden8 said:

But that's not nothing, I think you agree. To convince somebody of something in this work is nothing but great at every step.

To convince somebody of lies in this work is nothing but great at every step? Sigh.....

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

23 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

To convince somebody of lies in this work is nothing but great at every step? Sigh.....

Well every truth expressed in words is a lie. But some lies are better than others. Opening people's mind to the Possibility is great, nonetheless. In this work you will shed layers and layers of skin to refine your models to the Truth.

Edited by Applegarden8

7 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Twega

I do agree,  definitely a good stage orange and green valued person, good example of solid rationality with some intuition and mystical experiences. Good for the mainstream and some spiritual new agers.

But @Leo Gura has exceeded him in other areas, including spirituality and deep deep metaphysical insights.

I agree.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What an achievement!

Even if you disagree with his teachings (which I also do), you have to admire the way in which he has made a name and living for himself. He’s living every educator/thinker/teacher/youtuber’s dream. 

Not being dependent on monetization, able to say what you want. Having multiple streams of income (books/app/podcast subscription). It’s a great business model.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What an achievement!

Isn't he selling meditation techniques and stuff like that?

Sam Harris is too logical. Many things in life don't make sense so his 'Making sense of' video series don't really interest me.

Not sure why this forum likes to talk about him.

Sam Harris is the entire reason I had my first awakening.  I was listening to his 26 minute guided meditation and had my first realization into the truth of no-self.  But in that instant, I had an implicit understanding that transcended even Sam Harris’ understanding. It was then that I realized that Sam Harris was missing something and that something far deeper was going on than what he realized.  That sent me down the spiritual path which led me to find spiritual teachers like Alan Watts, Ram Dass, Ramana Maharshi and eventually Leo.  So I have to give thanks to Sam Harris for being such a vital stepping stone on my path.  But I have since left him far behind. 

On 9/27/2023 at 3:19 AM, hyruga said:

Sam Harris is too logical. Many things in life don't make sense so his 'Making sense of' video series don't really interest me.

Not sure why this forum likes to talk about him.

I clearly said in my post that even I disagree with him on a lot of things. 

My post was about appreciating his achievements, specifically his work/art.