Sabth

Why am I not getting work?

19 posts in this topic

Before this, I only plan to work in an architectural firm after I graduated university. That's the only option that I had that I know of. (I don't know any other type of work or ways of work). 

But I didn't graduated do I never work. How can I do something about it? I never had any experience in other types of work. How can I start working? Where should I go? 

I'm in the same boat. I'm in limbo phase to start doing any sort of job. 

Am I really bad? For not having work?

Can I get work easily? I never applied and never tried. I don't know how to start. 

I don't wanna leave my state. 

Edited by Sabth

Try your training again (or another), and this time work.
You can't base your life on daydreams, just be lazy and to be indecision all the time (especially if you're an average person in a third world country) and come cry on the forum because you don't understand why you have a poor professional situation, and a poor situation in general.
Or agree to work at McDonald's or be dependent on a husband. ?

I'm shooting you next to the head like this because I feel you need nothing more than a pressure shot. If you do not feel capable of being sufficiently independent then make arrangements and ask to be coached/monitored, separate yourself from distractions, throw your headphones in the trash, change your smartphone for a touch-tone phone without applications, etccetc.

Edited by Schizophonia

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

25 minutes ago, Sabth said:

@Schizophonia I'm not an average person in a third world country. 

Yes, you are a person of average intelligence in a developing country.
Cooperate with this, for your own good.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

I am dependent on my father. I don't want a child so I won't be having a husband anytime soon. 

AT&T_push_button_telephone_western_electric_model_2500_dmg_black.jpgThis thing? 

I wouldn't need it then~ because I don't call anyone anyway. I'm living with my fam so it's not like I had to call them. 

2 hours ago, Jenkins said:

@Sabth did you start working, or you want to complain here more? The decision is yours :)

I haven't start working. Today I wanna buy a new shoes. For gym/hiking etc. But my mom said she wanna rest today she's tired from yesterday night. So maybe tomorrow. 

Even though this is really old (an old profession. Old fashioned) I am considering on becoming a stewardess. Idk. 

@SabthThere's a saying a read in an Echart Tolle book: "you can get enlightened on a luxury yacht or locked in solitary confinement. But solitary confinement is easier." 

Well you are in a solitary confinement right now in a way. Meditate and your life purpose will be revealed to you. The truth is that work is horrible (unless you are working on your passion). So even though you feel unfulfilled and bored now, jumping into mindless physical labor is not much better. 

On the otherhand, if you are living for free and you find any sort of work (cleaning houses, fast food, selling art on the street, literally anything) then you could save it all and just keep thinking what you want to do with your life and you will have some money when you find out. There's a lot of programs where you can work for very little money but they let you live for free. Or you could buy a very cheap hut in the jungle and live off the land. That would be so radical. You could meditate and garden all day. I would love that. 

If you don't want kids that makes things easier. 

You are not getting work because you have a certain mindset on what you can work and cannot work. You are trapped in your comfort zone as to what can be done. You can choose to break out of your own framework and venture into more challenging jobs or jobs outside of places you normally travel to. Ultimately, the choice is up to you.

There is no right or wrong. 

Edited by hyruga

There's so much that I can do. 

Imagined , that I never go out, without the assistance of others. How can I find work? Relying on my phone. It's hard to look for work except only through my phone. I can do babysitter. 

I want to do photography and videographer. But I don't have a camera to start with. Unlike before. So idk. 

I'm thinking of selling my arts, but it's so hard to start even one. It's something that I have drive for and confidence when I was young. And after it was all stolen I feel more discouraged to start one. 

Right now I'm only asking everything from my mom. For money, to buy me everything, or to upgrade my PC. I want to stop this as soon as possible and be financially independent. 

I want to do a lot of things too. 

Edited by Sabth

Getting a degree is hard, getting a job is hard, living off the land is hard. All in different ways. But in the end it's about survival. Which is hard by default. For now you could work at a Walmart the next town over where nobody will recognize you if that's your concern. But it really doesn't matter currently.  If you want to do something you enjoy, that other people value, the key is time. Do it for 10 years, despite everything, while you fill the time with any job. Or you could spend the next 10 years doing what you love without any money. But I've never heard of that working for anyone ever. Unless your goal is to join an intentional community, but guess what, you'll have to work there too.

19 hours ago, Sabth said:

There's so much that I can do. 

Imagined , that I never go out, without the assistance of others. How can I find work? Relying on my phone. It's hard to look for work except only through my phone. I can do babysitter. 

I want to do photography and videographer. But I don't have a camera to start with. Unlike before. So idk. 

I'm thinking of selling my arts, but it's so hard to start even one. It's something that I have drive for and confidence when I was young. And after it was all stolen I feel more discouraged to start one. 

Right now I'm only asking everything from my mom. For money, to buy me everything, or to upgrade my PC. I want to stop this as soon as possible and be financially independent. 

I want to do a lot of things too. 

Unfortunately, money does not fall down from the sky most of the time. So you have to find ways to earn money.

Like even selling old stuff that you have is also a form of money getting. So I used to sell some old camera or old laptops, thumbdrives, toys, game accounts which I am quite sure I don't use anymore. Was even a little reluctant to sell but I still sell them anyway to earn some bucks. That's work.

Another way to find work is to go fivrr and teach tuitions etc. That's also another way to earn money. Who knows one assignment can leads to another. It gets you going.

How can I do a work that would pay me $15/hour , 8hours a day, seven days a week? 

There will be a cabin crew interview this weekend. Shall I not go?