Someone here

What is the root cause of misogyny?

59 posts in this topic

My theory is Basically if there is a distinction (be it gender.. skin color.. religion.. country of origin etc) there will always be an "us" and a "them". We always favor us at the expense of them. Of course it is equal and opposite discrimination..but if there is a power differential.. the bias will be one way. Men were historically more physically powerful than women and were usually the leadership so misogyny was bound to happen

And BTW ...it doesn't matter if black slaves hated white slave owners..there was no power structure thousands of years ago to make the mutual bias equal thus why racism and sexism are one from a practical standpoint.

But still  ..Every religion..and every society in all times have demonstrated hatred of women .but women are one half of the humanity. 

In your opinion..what's the root cause of misogyny?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

57 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But still  ..Every religion..and every society in all times have demonstrated hatred of women .but women are one half of the humanity. 

Is that even true?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

13 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Is that even true?

Yes .  think male agression and suppression of the female . It still exists in today's world in Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan .

-Osho

5 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

I'd venture to say cultural programming.

Ofcourse. The truth whether you like it or not is that men and women have differences that still to this day are uncontroversially considered to make each superior to the other in some things (and inferior to the other in some things). Hence why people have issues with transgender women competing in women's sports..for example. But women are being suppressed in places like the middle East and third world countries. It's still happening fucking  TODAY lol

-Osho

Dick bias

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Dick bias

Perhaps vagina/uterus envy ?

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

The root cause of misogyny is ignorance.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

The root cause of misogyny is ignorance.

Haha Women can be sexist as well but it is not the same as misogyny(As in racism) .

I think it boils down to women do not hold the power to do harm or deny equality. Women are also indoctrinated into thinking of themselves as inferior.. impure..unworthy and every other negative forms of oppression by the culture..religion..and society.

What is not clear is the deep hatred that turns to violence toward women who are not aware of their rights as equal human beings and they are not inferior to men.
This hatred is like ignorance..which has no cause.. it just exists.

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Haha Women can be sexist as well but it is not the same as misogyny(As in racism) .

I think it boils down to women do not hold the power to do harm or deny equality. Women are also indoctrinated into thinking of themselves as inferior.. impure..unworthy and every other negative forms of oppression by the culture..religion..and society.

What is not clear is the deep hatred that turns to violence toward women who are not aware of their rights as equal human beings and they are not inferior to men.
This hatred is like ignorance..which has no cause.. it just exists.

This sounds more like an Eastern problem and not in the more developed parts of the world. Everything has a cause. Truth is the only thing that just is. Separation exists because we are defining something relative to something else. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

4 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

This sounds more like an Eastern problem and not in the more developed parts of the world. Everything has a cause. Truth is the only thing that just is. Separation exists because we are defining something relative to something else. 

The USA has the highest ratio of rape in the world and its supposedly the most developed country in the entire fucking galaxy .

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The USA has the highest ratio of rape in the world and its supposedly the most developed country in the entire fucking galaxy .

May I see the stats on that please. Plus I just did a quick check on the most developed country in the world and its not the U.S.A. Please do your research before you make such bold claims.

Ignorance and unfortunate experience. Like maybe you’re wife cheated on you.

2 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

May I see the stats on that please.

You can Google it . That was few years ago when I heard that on the news . But even if its not the most ..its in the top 10 at least. 

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

You can Google it . That was few years ago when I heard that on the news . But even if its not the most ..its in the top 10 at least. 

I just did

2 minutes ago, Spiral said:

What exactly do you mean by "ignorance "?

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

USA is not the most developed country and we also have to take into consideration the amount of people who are in that country.

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What exactly do you mean by "ignorance "?

That you do not understand woman. 

6 minutes ago, Spiral said:

That unfortunate experience could have been the best thing that could have happened to you but you couldn't see it because of how you interpreted it and that could still be because of ignorance. lack of clarity and inability to seeing the bigger picture and using that experience for growth.

I’d say the US is one of the least developed western countries.