Lynx

Mild experiences with 5meo-Dmt

21 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

It's been a long time now since I'm working with 5meo dmt but I can't seem to have a proper breakthrough with it,

I started slowly around 1 year ago getting freebase and hcl, I went progressively and although I had really great experiences, I can't seem to get to that breakthrough territory, that "Ah-ah" moment or "This is it ! OMG OMG OMG OMG", "INFINITY, that's meeeee!!".. :/

I had the cosmical joke where I laughed like crazy, I had the nothingness where it felt like having no-body or like shutting down a TV then nothing, sometimes I had glimpses of Love even though this one seems to be tough for me like really well hidden, I kinda struggle with self love and I rarely get it from 5 even though it is there, somewhere deep down inside, but no traces of breakthrough and I know what a breakthrough is, I had multiple with nnDMT years ago when I was experimenting with this medicine.

I've tried every ROA and rectal looks like the best for me, really gentle and no problems with coughing or having trouble breathing, no driping in the throat etc..

My previous experience was 25mg HCL boofed and it was not that strong even though I thought it was a somehow great dose.

I thought I put too much water inside the syringe and I assumed it was because of that.

Month(s) passed until today where I really wanted to go for the breakthrough this time, I'm home alone for one week so I decided to go for 30mg (I wanted to do 35 but I stayed on the safe side :$).

I was ready for deep work, put 0.2 ml of water on the syringe then go for it but it was mild too...

Can it come from my batch degrading over time? I've stored it in the zipper for months before storing it in a tiny glass jar but still not perfectly full..

Let's be clear, I still got something from the experience, right now I can still feel it somewhere like maybe I need some grounding after this, but during the experience it was not as strong as 30mg should be.

As a comparison, I initiated a friend of mine (really experienced with other psych) and we both went for 23mg snorted and this time it was really strong as it should be.

Is it possible to have a different tolerance with rectal administration compared to snorting for instance..?

I'm not used to put anything up my ass beside 5meo nor am I used to snort things regularly as a reference but this situation feels weird to me and I'm kinda deceived by the experience I got from today to be honest.

Edited by Lynx

I have 3 years old 5 meo in a bag (not even stored in a fridge for most of the time) and it is as potent as in the beginning @Lynx

you should not stick so deep in your rectum like leo said. Just 3 to 4,5 cm for maximum absorption. (on my syringe is it on 4 ml mark). Mark it with a Gummiband so you cannot go deeper. 

https://www.reddit.com/user/WeirdOneTwoThree/comments/98o55b/guide_to_per_rectal_administration_of_opiates/

and you dont need to be in knee position and wait for minutes while plugging. Just some seconds like 10 or so are ok. 

What exactly happened on 30mg 5 meo rectal? 

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler I made sure to watch Leo's rectal administration vid before going to make sure everything was great,

I mesured 0.2ml of water then poured it on my dose then mix. I didn't find an elastic so I went with my usual method when going rectal which is to put my finger on the middle of the syringe as a landmark except this time I put my finger on the 0.6ml mark range. When finger touch my end I'm in the right zone then administer.

I felt the usual wave of 5meo but really sweet, it felt like gently being scanned by the medicine, being put to energetic equilibrum but it failed to get stronger, you know when you wait for something to kick except it never gets stronger..? So yeah, this feeling, a bit like a ruined orgasm is what I felt xD

At one point I wanted to get my pipe, load it with freebase then really blast off but I tend to avoid this kind of behavior + I don't have the right lighter for now (flame is too strong and burns the medicine) and there's still some traces of Heptane left in my freebase from bad re-x so I try to avoid this Roa..

@Lynx so here could be your mistake, you put the syringe too deep. Be as accurate as possible how deep you plug. 

The rectum has only a small area which is around 1,5 to 2 (?) cm long, where the real absorption can happen. There you must drop your 5 meo dmt. 

Please read the article of my link to fully understand this. Dont eyeball. This could be the key to make your 5 meo Trip way more effective

@OBEler Waoh, I had already checked this post before but I didn't realised 1.5 to 2.8cm was so low in the needle, for some reason I thought it was barely the middle of the syringe but after mesuring it accurately, it turns out it's located between .1 and .3 in the 1ml syringe. 

Here is the interesting quote from the reddit post : "The area with the most absorption is located in the anal canal, starting approximately 1.5 - 2.8 cm before the exit and continuing on in for another 1 or 2 cm"

So I think you are definitely right, got too deep inside and that's why I got a mild trip.

Will update here next time I try but for now I'm still feeling a bit exhausted from the trip so I'm taking it slow as always :)

Thanks for your help bro 

Just up your dose.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Leo's plugging video:

https://www.actualized.org/insights/how-to-plug-psychedelics

In the video Leo tells you to “wrap rubber band around 0.5-0.6 ml measurement on the syringe.”
I wrapped my rubber band on 0.45 measurement (halfway between 0.4ml and 0.5ml) because that's what 3.5 cms corresponds to on the syringe.

https://i.postimg.cc/qMt3M8Fn/IMG-0761.jpg

Ways to go from here:

1) Keep upping your dose. 30mgs isn't that strong of a trip for me but I dissolved 5-meo-dmt in a nasal spray. Things become abstract for me at 40mgs but nasal IS MILDER than plugging for the same amount. I wouldn't get stuck on this belief that "30 is a lot".

2) You've assumed that your batch has degraded over time. 
But have you considered that you've got a bad (mild) batch? I notice how 5-meo-dmt from Canada has a bit of a different character that the one from the Netherlands. I'm sure there's some variety between the batches from the same lab produced at different times (2023 vs 2022). People have complained about bad batches on this forum before.

So maybe just get some HCL from both Canada and Europe and compare them.

3)  You can give 5-meo-malt a go. Malt has this kind feel about it. It's not as joy-producing as mdma for me, but I agree with others that it's a gentle tryptamine (I won't go into detail how I'm planning to combine 5-meo-malt and 5-meo-dmt).

Edited by mpechura

5-MeO-DMT does not degrade.

Snorting is more potent than plugging, assuming you snort properly without loss.

Plugging works poorly on some people.

You cannot use absolute numbers when dosing. All number are relative to your unique genetics. There is nothing wrong with taking 40, 50, 60mg for some people who have higher tolerance.

Keep upping your dose by 5mgs until your trip becomes so mindblowing you can't handle it any more. That's the method. Don't worry about absolute numbers.

I have taken doses in the 50-100mg range.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura @mpechura talks about nasal spray. It could be that nasal spray is less potent than snorting directly. 

However the advantage of nasal spray is that you can do it often, more easy to use and your nose will not take so much damage

Edited by OBEler

@Leo Gura Yeah will do it, I did increase dosage gradually over time so will continuing doing so.

Also I've got this belief that the breakthrough will happen when I'm fully ready, for some reason when you are not absolutely ready for it something tend to happen, you don't vape your dose correctly, you burn some of the material or you don't absorb everything through your nose etc..

It's like some higher force is at play here with this substance, I had some weird sensations in the past while vaping it that, in a sens, it was not me vaping it but like something made me do it, like it was predetermined in a sens. Made me think about the illusion of free will but yeah, this happened a couple of time then stoped.

Right now I don't really feel like taking more but when the time is right I'll go for 35mg. I can feel a much stronger after glow than usual so 30mg was still effective but it's like it's been distributing over time inside of me or I don't know.. 

Also it is the first time I didn't sleep well that night because of 5meo, woke up multiple times in the morning but no reactivations, this never happened to me..

@OBEler Sure, will report here bro' :)

1 hour ago, Lynx said:

It's like some higher force is at play here with this substance

Maybe that higher force me.

Stop being a pussy.

:P

@Leo Gura Ahah for now it's just in the form of a belief  for me, I believe that this higher force is Me or that I am the universe etc.. But it's still a belief, I need to know  and to experience it for myself now to be sure ^^' 

Yeah, I like to play hide and seek with myself, this is a really fun game, been playing it since the very begining of time itself :P

@OBEler Okay so here is the update!

Today I went for 35mg rectal, I did everything like the previous time except I put an elastic a little before 0.3ml mark on the syringe (equivalent to ~2.5cm) instead of 0.6ml before.

It went smooth but it wasn't that strong of a dose tbh, in the begining of the session, I started remembering a song I used to sing with my shamanic circle, everytime I would sing this song it would open my heart. I started crying as a result, I felt compassion for myself and understodd that I had traumatic stuff happened to my heart in the past, I still don't know what it is but I know I have trauma.

I then proceeded to acknowledge this wave of crying as the medicine working on me, it felt really great to cry.

Usually, the medicine makes me cry during the days after, I understand this as a form of transmutation of deeply stored emotions but this time it was during the comeup.

Some people throw up, laugh or shout loudly to purge, my purge is crying :) 

After this, the wave went away and I was just left with peace. I silenced the mind and just rest in peace for that moment. 

I let the medicine do its work upon me and was feeling great but I still had a body at this moment, if I wanted I could have moved but I decided to stay perfectly symetrical as I usually do. 

It wasn't that strong but the purge felt great, also the after effects are better than last week.

I didn't have a breakthrough like I was looking for but I will keep pushing.

I'm considering snorting next time as 23mg this way was waayy more effective than 35mg rectal, I might have a bad absorption rate from the back, I don't know..

On 14/09/2023 at 2:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

Snorting is more potent than plugging, assuming you snort properly without loss.

You cannot use absolute numbers when dosing. All number are relative to your unique genetics. There is nothing wrong with taking 40, 50, 60mg for some people who have higher tolerance.

Keep upping your dose by 5mgs until your trip becomes so mindblowing you can't handle it any more. That's the method. Don't worry about absolute numbers.

This has clarified something important for me that I believe kept me stuck so far. These are the kinds of teachings and clarifications that I think are most powerful; where you give some details on the practical "How-to" of this work.
Thank you.

@Lynx sounds like a good Trip! 

My sweet Spot lies on 0.4 mm marc on the syringe, but we could have different syringes 

On 14/09/2023 at 2:06 AM, Leo Gura said:

I was affraid to go higher than 50mg with 5meo malt, thinking I will take 5mgs too much and freak myself out totaly. I was thinking the whole time, if some people can have a breakthrough with 5-10mg, i should also have it with 40-50mg and not just some mild trip or no trip at all.

This gives me confidence to try plugging or vaping 60+ mgs of 5meo malt next time, and to go towards 100mgs in hope that I finally shit myself.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, shree said:

and to go towards 100mgs 

You still wanna be careful that your body isn't overloaded. Monitor yourself for any aches or pains or complications if you plan to dose that high.

Edited by Leo Gura

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You still wanna be careful that your body isn't overloaded. Monitor yourself for any aches or pains or complications if you plan to dose that high.

Thanks for the advice. I will keep it in mind.

Some psychedelics can cause very strong vasoconstriction that is dangerous with substances that last very long. 5-MeO-MALT or 5-MeO-DMT should be relatively safe in that regard.