Ropuch7

Breathing as a pillar of health

11 posts in this topic

There are some dramatic claims about how the way we breathe fundamentally influences health. 

Sure, certain breathing protocols and techniques have been gaining popularity as of late.

But I don't think most people think of breathing as THAT influential.

If you don't have the time to watch, here are some of the claims I found shocking:

•  A huge part of ADHD, asthma, and other chronic diseases can be fixed by proper breathing
  • lung capacity is a major indicator of longevity
  • Even a slight impairment of air circulation leads to a lowering of mental capacity. There have been studies showing students scoring substantially less in exams if they were writing them in classrooms with closed windows.

Has anyone on this forum been in that rabbit hole? Maybe someone that read James Nestor's book?

I'd love to read your personal anecdotes and thoughts on this.

Yes, I have been down this rabbit hole and it is immensely impactful.

I use 3M micropore tape every single night to necessitate nasal breathing and the ROI I have rendered from that is nothing short of remarkable.

I used to be a mouth breather due to chronic illnesses of mine, allergic rhinitis, eosinophilic esophagitis, light-level autism and exercise-induced asthma not the least of which. I have zero signs or symptoms of these conditions and have been pharma-free for 8 years at this point.

I use a continuous CO2 meter in my home and ensure that the levels never exceed 1,000 PPM (if they ever do, I open up the windows in my living space to circulate the air).

Also, I used mouth taping to completely reverse obstructive sleep apnea, as mouth breathing is inherently problematic and was resulting in my airway closing off (my allergy symptoms made it difficult for me to nose breathe during my younger years).

I cannot overstate the power of proper breathing my friends, this is one of those things that is easy to dismiss, yet, for a few dollars, you could pickup some 3M micropore tape TONIGHT and determine whether or not you can satisfactorily nasal breathe.

This is a 3 minute and 44 second video from dentist Mark Burhenne that you will be extremely glad you watched.

4 minutes ago, Jason Actualization said:

Also, I used mouth taping to completely reverse obstructive sleep apnea,

Cows milk can contribute to this amongst other things.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

35 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Cows milk can contribute to this amongst other things.

Mine was due to mouth breathing (my tongue would collapse my airway) which was a response to being so nasally congested which was a response to being intoxicated with excess PUFA.

I cut out the PUFA, reversed any and all signs of allergies, including nasal congestion, started nasal breathing again, and now have 0 obstructive apneas while sleeping and drinking 2 gallons of milk per week.

8 minutes ago, Jason Actualization said:

Mine was due to mouth breathing (my tongue would collapse my airway) which was a response to being so nasally congested which was a response to being intoxicated with excess PUFA.

I cut out the PUFA, reversed any and all signs of allergies, including nasal congestion, started nasal breathing again, and now have 0 obstructive apneas while sleeping and drinking 2 gallons of milk per week.

Ok

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

When I was young I always had one nostril clogged. The doctors said it was allergies which it wasn’t(what a shock) cause it all went away when I started valuing my health and eating actual food.
I wanted to sing so I had to learn how to breathe and open up my nasal cavities to do that. I am glad I did. It was very much and still is a conscious effort. People have their lots of methods, tips, tricks,  guidelines, practices and stuff which I have read a few bits here and there(including James Nestor’s). But I like just focusing on it and asking myself:”ok how do I breathe? no bullshit. What the f is breathing and what is the optimal way to breathe?”.

By trying every possible way to breathe and noticing which one does what, one increases awareness and mindfulness of the breath which is really the thing that transforms it. Like 1 through 30sec inhales and exhales or 10sec inhale 15sec exhale and every combination and permutation of depth, ratio and length coupled with acute attention to what it all does to the body-mind.

General relative truths about breathing include:

-Slow is calming to the mind and body

-Slow is sustainable and desired for long periods of time/most of the time.

-Slow decreases heart rate.

-Fast is electrifying. If you need to run away from a bear you’ll breathe fast.

-Fast is anxiety inducing & damaging in the long run.

-Fast increases heart rate.

-Deep & Relatively fast is what can make you have insane psychedelic like experiences and energetic overloads or releases.

-Shallow breathing is a problem at any rate or speed. It’ll cause tiredness and fatigue among other things.

-Breathing through the nose is crucial but even more so on inhalation.

-Breathing technic & physiology is important but so is air quality. There’s no technic to make you breathe well in a dust and smog cloud.

Sailing on the ceiling 

14 hours ago, Ropuch7 said:

There are some dramatic claims about how the way we breathe fundamentally influences health. 

Sure, certain breathing protocols and techniques have been gaining popularity as of late.

But I don't think most people think of breathing as THAT influential.

If you don't have the time to watch, here are some of the claims I found shocking:

•  A huge part of ADHD, asthma, and other chronic diseases can be fixed by proper breathing
  • lung capacity is a major indicator of longevity
  • Even a slight impairment of air circulation leads to a lowering of mental capacity. There have been studies showing students scoring substantially less in exams if they were writing them in classrooms with closed windows.

Has anyone on this forum been in that rabbit hole? Maybe someone that read James Nestor's book?

I'd love to read your personal anecdotes and thoughts on this.

This "rabbit hole" will lead to the ecstatic fruits produced by Kriya Kundalini :))

"(impairment of air circulation leads to a lowering of mental capacity)" - I have noticed this also. Buying plants, reducing humidity, using air circulating agents may help.

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

Book:  Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art – James Nestor 

7 hours ago, Alex M said:

Book:  Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art – James Nestor 

Already reading it. I might post some review or cool insights when I'm done.