Bazooka Jesus

The Axis Of Reality

49 posts in this topic

Greetings, fellow seekers of truth, Due to a lengthy discussion that I've had recently with an esteemed forum member about the topic of duality / nonduality, I thought it might be good to provide some further clarification and present what I'd like to call "the axis of reality". Keep in mind that the following is of course only an abstract symbolic representation of reality, NOT reality itself.

So, without further ado... here it is:

Duality = Form = Experience = REALITY = Consciousness = Formlessness = Nonduality

Note that these seven words are all ultimately referring to the exact same thing; they are simply seven aspects of the One Thing in existence.

There is no question that the overwhelming majority of people who are living on this planet are completely absorbed in the left side of this axis (Duality = Form = Experience); it's not so much that they don't see reality as it is, but rather they only see one specific part of it. Now, most so-called spiritual teachings are generally geared towards making people who are "lost" on the left side become aware of the right side. This is not about leading them from the wrong side to the right one; this is about making them see the whole glorious picture, for reality would be incomplete without either one of these two flanks. So when we say things like "duality is just an appearance", "form is illusion" or "there are no human beings inside human bodies", these are not expressions of truth; such phrases are nothing but pointers that are supposed to show you the pathway that leads from left to right. You can think of them as signposts that those who have managed to grasp the entirety of the axis leave for the other folks so that they know where to look for the missing piece of the puzzle.

(Psychedelics too are vehicles, if you will, that take you on a journey from left to right and back again. It is however up to you to put the pieces together afterwards and develop an unfragmented awareness of the complete picture; that's why allowing for enough integration time in between your "peeks" is of vital importance. I cannot stress this last part enough!)

Again: The right part of the axis is NOT more real than the left part. The mistake that many spiritual seekers make is that once they have become aware of the Consciousness = Formlessness = Nonduality side of the equation, they all of a sudden think that this part is literally all that there is to reality.. which it isn't. Instead of seeing the whole picture, they have just traded one kind of narrow tunnel vision for another. Being completely absorbed in the right side of the axis is every bit as delusional as being absorbed in the left side. So if your pendulum has swung all the way from one extreme to the other and now is stuck there, your awareness is just as lopsided as the awareness of those who have never made that transition in the first place... which can wreak all kinds of dysfunctional havoc in your life.

What is the solution? Very simple: Just allow the pendulum to swing back to the center and rest in REALITY; and from there, let your awareness expand in both directions simultaneously, into infinity.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call "awakening".

Hope this helps.

Why so serious?

For me, awakening is simply removing the limits that we as humans impose on ourselves. These limits are given by fear and interaction with others. fear, vanity, greed are the main limiters. They can take on many different faces.

If you want to break the limits, you must identify them and overcome them. It is extremely difficult, since they are a fundamental part of our nature, but if it is achieved, even for a moment, the full breadth of reality manifests itself.

@Javfly33

In case you haven't read it yet, I just thought that you might be interested... or not. Take it or leave it, it's up to you.

Why so serious?

5 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

@Javfly33

In case you haven't read it yet, I just thought that you might be interested... or not. Take it or leave it, it's up to you.

??will read it later thanks

On 9.9.2023 at 0:56 PM, Breakingthewall said:

For me, awakening is simply removing the limits that we as humans impose on ourselves. These limits are given by fear and interaction with others. fear, vanity, greed are the main limiters. They can take on many different faces.

If you want to break the limits, you must identify them and overcome them. It is extremely difficult, since they are a fundamental part of our nature, but if it is achieved, even for a moment, the full breadth of reality manifests itself.

Right on. The limited view (or "tunnel vision", as I called it) is that which in spiritual circles is called the ego. And it doesn't really matter if you have a regular run-of-the-mill ego (=> being fixated on the left side of the axis) or a spiritual ego (=> being fixated on the right side of the axis), tunnel vision is tunnel vision.

Why so serious?

3 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

??will read it later thanks

Great, you're welcome. :)

Why so serious?

Fully agreed and to add to this is there are some type of people that can sometimes be more neuro-divergent or mentally ill or just weird type, people like me actually begin more on the right side of the extreme and because spirituality is geared towards the left side when I started out at 11 years old I instantly reached an awakening peak the very first time I meditated after I read an osho's book on witnessing so I went off too hardcore to the right over time, every time anything was wrong or if I was trying to evolve further I always tried to get more spiritual when what I might have needed even from before I had an awakening was actually more ego, more assertiveness, more self centeredness and less uncontrolled empathy, more physicality, I needed less surrendering and of course because of this there is almost no advice regarding people who genuinely begin from the right side, because nobody teaches you how to consciously and skillfully hate or dislike something, I was overly optimistic to a stupid extreme that I would ignore any physical strain/pain that would challenge my love, surrender and optimism for what I thought was my self and others,

It's almost complicated, but that's only because there's almost no advice on how being more egotistical is actually real evolution for people like me, it has negative connotations and what people can't understand is that actually it is supposed to have, the negativity itself doesn't imply suffering it implies difference and individuality, I assume it's partially because the feminine side and the post scarcity of a major part of humanity has only been active for maybe 70 years so we've been teaching ourselves how to be more feminine but not how to be consciously "masculine" especially because most of the ego and masculinity teaching are presented too sexually instead of from wholesale mechanical usefulness side that applies to every aspect of life,

Accepting your hate and your biases doesn't just mean you stop being biased, you actually also become more biased by being unbiased, the degree of evolution is about the connection between simple and complicated, both have to exist always moving away from suffering and towards whatever(because there's no singular word for the good stuff), it is utterly irrelevant what form is either right now, even if something was good a moment ago and suddenly isn't then that is simply the truth, repetition is irrelevant, things don't have to be new, they don't have to be different and they don't have to be the same either, we just obey pleasure and pain 100% of time, why?

Because I have not known any other single thing except what this confusion is trying to teach me, time, memory, imagination, multiple selves from where there are more types of pleasures and more vectors for reducing suffering(reducing suffering does not necessitate for there to be a suffering to reduce, you can remove suffering from nothing or even from bliss because it's just an expression/reaction of a type of action/form which in itself is a type of specific pleasure).

Thank you for reading my cringe lol, because genuine social interaction is cringe even through a safe screen to me am I roight?

Love this. A balanced approach. I think the left side has it's course and the right has it's course. Integrating both is balance just like Reality is balanced. Too far to the left and too far to the right causes imbalance. Duality and Non-Duality are different sides of the same coin. Can't have one without the other. They both make up the whole. Different aspects to each side. Both are Divine. Love for All, Love for Self, Love for Everything. One Love. We're all pieces of the puzzle so no 1 can know the whole only BE it. The One cannot know itself it can only Be Itself forever.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

58 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Love this. A balanced approach. I think the left side has it's course and the right has it's course. Integrating both is balance just like Reality is balanced. Too far to the left and too far to the right causes imbalance. Duality and Non-Duality are different sides of the same coin. Can't have one without the other. They both make up the whole. Different aspects to each side. Both are Divine. Love for All, Love for Self, Love for Everything. One Love. We're all pieces of the puzzle so no 1 can know the whole only BE it. The One cannot know itself it can only Be Itself forever.

:x

Beautifully said, girl.

Why so serious?

Btw...

@Someone here , this ties in pretty nicely with our recent discussion about the concept of Trinity in Christianity. See, the Father represents the right side of the axis (pure consciousness), the Son represents the left side (experience through (human) form) and the Holy Spirit represents the awareness of the whole.

I hope that settles it. ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus Christianity (all religions really) are house of cards . You are doing a metaphorical interpretation of the gospel or bible. Same as sone Islamic sects like Sufism trying to do  reinterpretation of the quran . But the founders of these religions (in this case Jesus and Mohammed )were literal about what they are teaching. 

Christianity Is BS .

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

13 minutes ago, Someone here said:

But the founders of these religions (in this case Jesus and Mohammed )were literal about what they are teaching.

xD

Sorry, I didn't know that you've met them in person. My bad!

I am curious, was that Jesus guy really as good looking as they say?

Why so serious?

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Sorry, I didn't know that you've met them in person. My bad!

I don't need to meet them in person. You have to understand that these ancient spiritual scriptures are metaphorically and figuratively explained by new age spiritual people. Which is not the intention of the authors of these books (which we have no fucking clue who the hell wrote them ).

Take The Creation story in the bible .. the story of Adam and Eve  are mostly not supposed to be translated literally. They are spiritual metaphors used to teach religious truths about God and man.

But If you ask a fundamentalist Christian they will sat there are some parts of the Bible that must be taken literally. Christ was LITERALLY crucified. Christ LITERALLY rose from the dead on the third day. Israel LITERALLY was freed from slavery.etc

-Osho

16 hours ago, Someone here said:

Which is not the intention of the authors of these books

How do you know? Have you talked to them? And why do you assume that the guys who wrote the Bible had any idea what the hell someone like Jesus was even talking about? Why do you assume that modern day Christians have any fucking idea what the Bible is talking about?

All we ever have is our interpretation of things. Objective truth is an illusion, my friend.

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus Jesus is imaginary. He never even existed .nothing in the "past " have ever happened.  Your memories of what happened just 1 minute ago doesn't have any substantial existence. All of this will lead you nowhere close to actual awakening. 

That's from the absolute perspective. 

From the relative perspective..Jesus didn't write the bible himself. The four gospels in the new testament were written by people who didn't even live in Jesus' era and time . So without a shred of a doubt the teachings were modified and corrupted .

When the bible says those who don't accept Jesus as their Lord and saviour shall burn in hell forever..it is meant literally.  Late new age people interpretation is that this is just a metaphor. 

-Osho

4 hours ago, Someone here said:

@Bazooka Jesus Jesus is imaginary. He never even existed .nothing in the "past " have ever happened.  Your memories of what happened just 1 minute ago doesn't have any substantial existence. All of this will lead you nowhere close to actual awakening. 

That's from the absolute perspective. 

From the relative perspective..Jesus didn't write the bible himself. The four gospels in the new testament were written by people who didn't even live in Jesus' era and time . So without a shred of a doubt the teachings were modified and corrupted .

Yup. So?

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

When the bible says those who don't accept Jesus as their Lord and saviour shall burn in hell forever..it is meant literally.

Says who?

Why so serious?

@Bazooka Jesus I'm kinda losing track here ..

What is the main point that you wanna discuss? 

-Osho

5 hours ago, Someone here said:

What is the main point that you wanna discuss? 

xD

I was just about to ask you the same question, my man.

If you scroll up, you'll find that I simply explained the meaning of Trinity... and then you came along and started rambling about Christianity, the Bible, Jesus and New Agers.

So, may I humbly ask what exactly is your point?

Why so serious?