Pupur

I make a lot but feel awful

10 posts in this topic

I make money through youtube (narrating, presenting old stories in a different way), dropshipping and some programming.

I feel like everything I do hurts people

Youtube - wasting their time with stupid gossip

Dropshipping - false marketing, false scarcity, manipulation

Programming - i feel like i make people stay on their phone more and still waste their time.

I want to pursue something that makes my life truly better. So i can help people.

I was thinking a very well done blue collar job, but i dont know.

Stop listening to your mind if it's not serving you. It is your biggest bully. Listen to your heart.

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

22 hours ago, Pupur said:

I make money through youtube (narrating, presenting old stories in a different way), dropshipping and some programming.

Programming - i feel like i make people stay on their phone more and still waste their time.

I want to pursue something that makes my life truly better. So i can help people.

Being aware of these stuff is good, it's not helpful to demonize ur work tho.
seems like there is a lot of room to pursue some work which is aligned with your heart.
don't be so harsh on you, cause we still need to survive, just balance it out. Start to do some projects which are more aligned with you..
on the long run maybe you can switch to just creating more stuff with more meaning

Start something with a real purpose on the side and only when it grows enough you can ditch what you are doing now.

I am in a similiar situation as you.

Consciousness + conventional business = :-(.

Edited by Michal__

On 9/5/2023 at 7:54 AM, Pupur said:

You can’t avoid that completely. For example, if you’re a musician in heavy metal band and play at live shows, you don’t control who wears earplugs or not. 

Clearly you wouldn’t be out there intentionally causing people to lose their hearing. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Have you taken the life purpose course?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 9/5/2023 at 5:54 AM, Pupur said:

if you want to help people you can teach me how to make money because im utterly broke lol. 

ya i was making a shit ton of money in tech, was misreable. Now i'm like a broke yogi and it's fucking awesome

35 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

ya i was making a shit ton of money in tech, was misreable. Now i'm like a broke yogi and it's fucking awesome

Can you share a bit on how you lost that money?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI