Danioover9000

Israel vs. Palestine conflict podcasts.

16 posts in this topic

Hiya, taken a break to browse YouTube videos, and stumbled on Lex Fridman's videos, and the following three are very interesting. Despite my dislike, I put that aside, as most of that in the past had little hard evidence for my dislike. Maybe the following may show why:

For Israel's perspective, although Benjamin Netanyahu kinda like Donald Trump IMO, plus other topics covered.

and

Lean more on Palestine's perspective, plus other topics worth listening to.

Also, no I'm not hate posting or breaking guidelines, and before you post go read forum guidelines, I'm in best behavior, you should too. Also curious to know what @Mesopotamian, @Recursoinominado and maybe @Carl-Richard thoughts are about this situation?

My take is that it's complicated and based on many developmental factors, and may require a third power to oversee those developments, also this conflict is a very similar conflict that the European settlers and the Native Americans Apache and Comanche faced in terms of territorial warfare. What I love about these following videos is that it shows the limits of Lex's biases. Again, use your powers of observation, and think for yourself. No hate, just love.

My country is officially not in peace with Israel, Iraq don't recognize it as a state. and there are many groups who can openly threaten to destroy israel and show hate, while it's not common to express love for Israel..

It's interesting to an interview with  Benjamin Netanyahu.. 

For me personally, I can't care less about the arab-israeli conflict. I want to stay out of politics. Having any political views is a ticket to prison.

thanks for sharing!

@Mesopotamian

5 minutes ago, Mesopotamian said:

I want to stay out of politics. Having any political views is a ticket to prison

What are the limits of what you can and can't say?

Can you say openly "the US destroyed Iraq"? Or is it already crossing a line?

1 minute ago, Tobia said:

@Mesopotamian

What are the limits of what you can and can't say?

Can you say openly "the US destroyed Iraq"? Or is it already crossing a line?

I don't think the US has destroyed Iraq to start with haha. it wouldn't be a problem to say that

you can say anti-americans anti-israili anti-west opinions and get away with that. Different opinions are equivalent to crossing the limits

There is a famous debate on Israel and Palestine with Noam Chomsky and Alan Dershowitz

And a less famous one with Norman Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz

Both of them still occasionally discuss and debate the issue

@Roy 441

16 minutes ago, Roy 441 said:

Hi I am from Israel 

Hello. What is your take about Lex, and him interviewing the both sides?

Also, to those reading, interesting observation is on the comment section of those videos, Lex is getting roasted for trying to maintain an objectivist like view, and not pushing back harder on either side's issues. What are your takes on this?

@Mesopotamian

4 hours ago, Mesopotamian said:

My country is officially not in peace with Israel, Iraq don't recognize it as a state. and there are many groups who can openly threaten to destroy israel and show hate, while it's not common to express love for Israel..

It's interesting to an interview with  Benjamin Netanyahu.. 

For me personally, I can't care less about the arab-israeli conflict. I want to stay out of politics. Having any political views is a ticket to prison.

thanks for sharing!

You're welcome, and thanks for posting here. I see Iraq doesn't see Israel as a state, and there's still high levels of animosity. I feel like this issue is going to take generations more to resolve, one way or another. Any particular takes about Lex's interview, and the comment sections and responses?

@Raze

2 hours ago, Raze said:

There is a famous debate on Israel and Palestine with Noam Chomsky and Alan Dershowitz

And a less famous one with Norman Finkelstein and Alan Dershowitz

Both of them still occasionally discuss and debate the issue

Thanks for sharing these debates, am working my way through them.

16 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Roy 441

Hello. What is your take about Lex, and him interviewing the both sides?

Also, to those reading, interesting observation is on the comment section of those videos, Lex is getting roasted for trying to maintain an objectivist like view, and not pushing back harder on either side's issues. What are your takes on this?

I watched some of the interview with Mr. Netanyahu, he seems to be a nice guy who want to work for the interest of his nation, however, he's inclined towards science, and the notion of statism, obviously he's a prime minster of a state! however, and having spend many years here, I feel that truth don't fully manifest itself in those. I believe that Iraq is going to disintegrate in the coming 5 years and cease to exist as an independent country. 

7 hours ago, Mesopotamian said:

I believe that Iraq is going to disintegrate in the coming 5 years and cease to exist as an independent country. 

And be replaced by what, do you think?

@Mesopotamian

On 2023-09-02 at 9:42 PM, Mesopotamian said:

I watched some of the interview with Mr. Netanyahu, he seems to be a nice guy who want to work for the interest of his nation, however, he's inclined towards science, and the notion of statism, obviously he's a prime minster of a state! however, and having spend many years here, I feel that truth don't fully manifest itself in those. I believe that Iraq is going to disintegrate in the coming 5 years and cease to exist as an independent country. 

What do you think is needed for Iraq to survive in the coming 5 years?

When I was watching that video, I thought he reminded me of something. Mr. Netanyahu...

Then it hit me. Kanye West was interviewed by Alex Johns, and he did that whole parody of him, with that fly net. Damn, now I know who he is taking shots at.

14 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

What do you think is needed for Iraq to survive in the coming 5 years?

Iraq is only standing because there are international players involved. The US has bases here, and they are deterring the ISIS and other groups from taking control over Iraq. But in fact, Iraq is actually a house of cards. The corruption is rampant here too, and US and other players could misjudge the severity of that, which leads to overnight wave of unrest that could be as sever as bad as the 2014 one when ISIS took control over 1/3 of Iraq in few weeks.

15 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

Then it hit me. Kanye West was interviewed by Alex Johns, and he did that whole parody of him, with that fly net. Damn, now I know who he is taking shots at.

I remember that happened, have a vague memory of that haha

Oh my god, what a horrible take, thank goodness this YouTuber isn't canceled and censored severely over such a low brain rot take:

This is why we need online governments to regulate these horrendous takes.

The only solution, the "final solution" one could say would be to turn that accursed patch of dirt into a radioactive wasteland so nobody could have it. It's not a holy place at all, but a nexus of insanity and human suffering.

This about sums it up. Look at the list of territorial exchange lol.

First settlers/Cavemen > Canaanites > Ancient Egyptians > Assyrians > Israelites > Babylonians/Persian Empire > Greeks/Macedonians (Alexander the Great) > Greeks/Macedonians (Post Alexander the Great) > Ptolemaic Egypt > Seleucid empire > Hebrew Priest and Maccabees > Romans > Byzantines/Sassanids > Arab Caliphs > Crusaders > Mamluk Egyptians/ Medieval Egypt > Ottoman Turks > Arabs > British/Europeans > Palestinians > Jews/Zionists > Jews vs Palestinians >  PLO/Hamas/Hezbollah > State of Israel > Guerrilla forces/Palestinians > Angel of Death (Azrael).

Edited by Roy

hrhrhtewgfegege

37 minutes ago, Roy said:

It's not a holy place at all, but a nexus of insanity and human suffering.

Have you been there? It‘s pretty nice i must say