Ramanujan

how do i move up to the next stage of the spiral

28 posts in this topic

Question your beliefs. Are things really the way they seem to be? Ideally, you wanna exhaust all stages to a degree and integrate them fully.

They are experiences and perspectives. What can you do to change your experience and perception right now? How can you change your perspective?

You first need to assess where you are at on the spiral. To do this, I would look at the character traits at each stage. If you find a character trait desirable, then that means that you have not transcended it and are stuck on that aspect of the spiral. You should work on that character trait, and only after you have embodied it can you transcend that aspect of the spiral. If you find no character traits desirable at a stage, then that means you do not need this stage anymore and can move onto the next one. You should also remember that certain character traits may seem similar at two different stages. For example, you have charisma at both red and orange, but red charisma is much different than orange charisma. Red charisma is much more selfish. Be honest with yourself as to which you identify with more.

Of course, you can still trigger lower stages, such as orange or red while playing sports if that is fun for you. 

I think an important part is the fact that spiral dynamics can't actually teach you how to move up the spiral. It can predict how values change, it can help you understand what is happening to you when it happens, and it can show you areas in life where more work can be done, but the actual "moving up the spiral" part is an entirely different beast. You move up the spiral by living life and having the intention to become wiser and more mature. Living life with such an intention at the core will allow grow into a more well-rounded person almost naturally and organically.

Those are the key words! Naturally and organically. This can't be forced! Life is not just a science project where you do a 10 step process that will give you certain, predictable result. It's also like a form of art, where you have to play around and really feel in order to find yourself, in the same way a guitarist might start by just messing around with their guitar for a few minutes, trying to feel out different notes and chords, before they actually have a nice enough melody going on.

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

On 8/31/2023 at 5:43 PM, SeaMonster said:

Like everyone else, massive self-delusion.  Delude yourself into thinking you're in the next stage.  Your life won't actually be different, and you'll be as miserable as you were before, but as a tiny consolation prize you'll be able to feel superior to people at a lower stage.

A lot of people are attacked on this form. Not me. I'm stage turquoise and I'm absolutely perfect. Everyone's stage is inferior to my stage. That's just a fact.

Anybody that says otherwise is tier-1.

My Answer:

Taken from my Buddhist practice: faith practice and study. 

Set goals, read good books, really digest the knowledge, act to reach those goals, learn the important lessons. Take psychedelics. Practice good habits.

You'll progress that way naturally much like a tree grows. What I mentioned above is nourishment that improves the growth of the tree. It's much like fertilizer, sunlight, water, etc.

Maybe indulge each stage to the extreme. Be yourself. I think Leo recommends this in his videos about spiral dynamics.

Be greedy, have orgies, satisfy all your cravings in the extreme. The idea is hopefully you will find success in your current stage ultimately unsatisfying. You will then search for fulfillment and naturally move into the next stage. You have to be honest with yourself. Otherwise you will convince yourself you are the King of your stage and everyone else is stupid and you will stay at that stage forever.

On 9/15/2023 at 2:16 AM, Kanddle said:

A lot of people are attacked on this form. Not me. I'm stage turquoise and I'm absolutely perfect. Everyone's stage is inferior to my stage. That's just a fact.

I'm Supermind, motherfucker.  You can't hang. :P

Leo's booklist will help

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless you live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, you should know the requirements of your body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is wild. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes strong and mature. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available. Discipline this life & Realize God