Someone here

Solipsism syndrome

53 posts in this topic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism_syndrome

Its a thing .People who isolate themselves for long looong period of time begin to feel that they are existentially alone .no one is conscious But them .they feel that the external world is not separate from their minds .the two are Interconnected and fused together. So extremely long periods of isolation can turn you into  a solipsist. But isn’t society filled with so much bullshit?  I've always knew that the purpose  of socializing is to keep you distracted and not look inwards. But hey ..I'm not specifically saying solipsism is true under all conditions (meaning its not absolute truth, because absolute truth is direct experience without any philosophical boxing of the present moment). 

Solipsism is both true and false simultaneously. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

4 years later... You keep doing topics about solipsism ?

@Javfly33 well its driving me mad . Unfortunately it might be true . I keep changing My mind about this topic  because since I was a little kid I had that intuition that I am the only real one out there and everyone else are characters in my dream reality. You can't refute it as a hypothesis. So ...?

-Osho

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Javfly33 well its driving me mad . Unfortunately it might be true . I keep changing My mind about this topic  because since I was a little kid I had that intuition that I am the only real one out there and everyone else are characters in my dream reality. You can't refute it as a hypothesis. So ...?

Solipsism doesn't mean @Someone hereis alone. It means, you as God is all alone. The same thing looking through your eyes is the same thing looking through mine just from a different perspective. 

There is no beginning, there is no end. There is just Simply This. 

3 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Solipsism doesn't mean @Someone hereis alone. It means, you as God is all alone. The same thing looking through your eyes is the same thing looking through mine just from a different perspective. 

No .it actually says the self (my individual self as Someone here ) is the only real conscious field in existence. It says there is no one looking through any eyes except me . That's the definition of metaphysical solipsism. You can Google it.  I'm not entirely sure if this is true . But I lean more towards Epistemological solipsism (you can Google that too ). It states that my mind is the only CERTAIN mind .

-Osho

22 minutes ago, Someone here said:

The solution is to realize is just mind conclusions.

Wheter you affirm solipsism is true, or wheter you affirm is false, is just a mind conclusion.

It must come a point where you realize there is something beyond making silly conclusions about reality.

14 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No .it actually says the self (my individual self as Someone here ) is the only real conscious field in existence. It says there is no one looking through any eyes except me . That's the definition of metaphysical solipsism. You can Google it.  I'm not entirely sure if this is true . But I lean more towards Epistemological solipsism (you can Google that too ). It states that my mind is the only CERTAIN mind .

Existence is existence, what exists must exist and will always exist. @Someone heredoesn't exists in the Absolute sense. You are confusing your small self as the Absolute. Your small self doesn't exist existentially only the Absolute. You are dreaming up the small self. The "me" you're talking about is the I AM. The me I talk about is the I AM. There is only one I AM. The same I AM. "I AM going to the store", I may say. You also say, "I AM going to the store". It's the same I AM going to different stores. I am you and you are me. There is no individual self. Saying "your mind" is implying you and a mind. Duality. There is only one mind. God's mind. You are inside God's mind. Every manifestation is a manifestation of God's mind. God's will. God is all alone dreaming up all of existence. 

Edited by Princess Arabia

20 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No .it actually says the self (my individual self as Someone here ) is the only real conscious field in existence.

That's like saying that the only "real" character in an ego shooter video game is the POV character. Which is so obviously bogus that it seems silly to even bother refuting it.

Why so serious?

26 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Wheter you affirm solipsism is true, or wheter you affirm is false, is just a mind conclusion.

It must come a point where you realize there is something beyond making silly conclusions about reality.

You can't not make conclusions.  In order to survive as this flimsy ball of imagination that you are ..you must create metaphysical and Epistemological conclusions about what reality is ..otherwise you will be left in a state of complete not-knowing and that might make you go insane.  So you create stories to justify the present moment (I live on a blue planet in some galaxy in some universe bla bla etc). Otherwise you would realize that all of that is imaginary and only your direct experience exists. 

23 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

Existence is existence, what exists must exist and will always exist. @Someone heredoesn't exists in the Absolute sense. You are confusing your small self as the Absolute. Your small self doesn't exist existentially only the Absolute. You are dreaming up the small self. The "me" you're talking about is the I AM. The me I talk about is the I AM. There is only one I AM. The same I AM. "I AM going to the store", I may say. You also say, "I AM going to the store". It's the same I AM going to different stores. I am you and you are me. There is no individual self. Saying "your mind" is implying you and a mind. Duality. There is only one mind. God's mind. You are inside God's mind. Every manifestation is a manifestation of God's mind. God's will. God is all alone dreaming up all of existence. 

You personally is God. The whole of God...not just a tiny part of God..the entire fucking God. 

You say I'm falling into duality when you are the one making duality between the "small self " and the "I AM".

1 minute ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

That's like saying that the only "real" character in an ego shooter video game is the POV character. Which is so obviously bogus that it seems silly to even bother refuting it.

No matter how much thought experiments you do or cute examples you come up with ..the truth is you only know you exist. Others are unsettled mystery. 

In counter strike when you play against the AI...the only conscious player is you. 

-Osho

mental model syndrome

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You say I'm falling into duality when you are the one making duality between the "small self " and the "I AM".

Language is dualistic and in order to make a point I must use it. 

4 minutes ago, Someone here said:

You personally is God. The whole of God...not just a tiny part of God..the entire fucking God. 

There is no personal me, so you're right. I am God, only God exists. The personal me is only a character made up of ideas, thoughts and stories. When those dissolve, so does the character.

@Someone here look at the Wikipedia definition.   It really doesn't matter if it is the Absolute Truth.  Because the rules of this game dictate that there are others - and we play the game according to the rules.

When you are in a video game do you play it being conscious that it's not real or do you forget it's not real?  Its the same thing here.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No matter how much thought experiments you do or cute examples you come up with

You mean like this one?

the truth is you only know you exist.

Yeah, that's a very cute story. xD

Others are unsettled mystery.

ALL of reality is an unsettled mystery. The only thing that you can know for sure is that you don't know jack shit about anything, brother.

In counter strike when you play against the AI...the only conscious player is you. 

Says who?

You are making tons of baseless assumptions about existence, and you don't even realize it.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Why so serious?

Still not doing the work, huh? Good to know. :P

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

4 years later... You keep doing topics about solipsism ?

?

Edited by Sincerity

12 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

This ^

Solipsists think too much :P

Edited by tuku747

28 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

Solips

This ^

Solipsists think too much :P

Your final awakening will be that you are completely Alone and One as God.  All other is held within your mind.  This is not the Wikipedia definition of solipsism so I don't brand it as such.  It will just be a complete feeling of Aloneness.   Where the Wikipedia definition is right is in the relative domain.  It really doesn't matter whether solipsism is true in the relative domain.  Because whether its true or not has no bearing on this domain.  That is the whole point of the relative domain.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Alice: you're the only solipsist.

Bob: no you're the only solipsist.

Zara: wait... I don't exi

All stories and explanations are false.

Keep it here.  It is a very important spiritual topic.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.