funkychunkymonkey

is ayahausca practical for consciousness work?

11 posts in this topic

from what i hear it seems that the whole introspective vibe is not there with aya its more of a "let it take control", on top of that i can imagine with all the visual it is easy to to get lost in entities, spirits, mother aya. i have no experience but i have heard countless reports of this brew saving people from suicidal depression, addictions (mushrooms saved me from cocaine). If i were to dio my toes in this brew i would do it alone without a shamans guidance (unless i go back to ecuador) Has anyone been able to deconstruct the mind or access states that 5 meo would lead to on aya? would be sick to hear stories. 5 meo is one ill get to once i feel ready (years away) mushrooms i get lost in various thought loops and struggle concentrating on direct experience. meditation... meh states arent what ive seen "percing the veil" with the DMT's help.

It is excellent.

DMT is tops.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Can Kriya lead to awakening or only 'shallow', non-dual versions of it? Is there really no way around doing psychedelics?

2 hours ago, Spiritedness said:

@Leo Gura Can Kriya lead to awakening or only 'shallow', non-dual versions of it? Is there really no way around doing psychedelics?

I can't know what will work on you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For me ayahuasca is deeply introspective. Among other things it led me to meet directly with every way I've ever caused harm, through action or negligence, and I had to reconcile with and accept that as part of the totality of my being and of existence.

It is also not highly visionary for me, and neither are mushrooms for that matter. It is dose dependent of course but there does appear to be variation from one person to in whether the nature of the experience is primarily visual.

I find 5-MeO-DMT to feel fundamentally different from other forms of DMT including mushrooms, aya, or pure freebase 

Edited by halfknots

21 minutes ago, halfknots said:

For me ayahuasca is deeply introspective. Among other things it led me to meet directly with every way I've ever caused harm, through action or negligence, and I had to reconcile with and accept that as part of the totality of my being and of existence.

It is also not highly visionary for me, and neither are mushrooms for that matter. It is dose dependent of course but there does appear to be variation from one person to in whether the nature of the experience is primarily visual.

I find 5-MeO-DMT to feel fundamentally different from other forms of DMT including mushrooms, aya, or pure freebase 

Sounds like straight in to judgemental day - in what terms is it beneficial? More empathy towards others?

Eventually I broke through into total forgiveness and resolution, recognition that pain is for learning, breaking free from self judgement that I am not perfect on the relative level, but complete and perfect on the absolute level.

Empathy for others has always been easy for me. It's is empathy toward myself that is a recurring theme for exploration and mastery.

On 17.8.2023 at 6:50 AM, funkychunkymonkey said:

If i were to dio my toes in this brew i would do it alone without a shamans guidance (unless i go back to ecuador) Has anyone been able to deconstruct the mind or access states that 5 meo would lead to on aya? would be sick to hear stories. 

I had my first awakening with Aya and I know tons of people that had healing experiences with it as well but I don't know about brewing it yourself or even taking it all by yourself without a sitter. I had a little group ceremony in the Netherlands where there was staff to help us if needed (which I cannot recommend enough!) Aya is basically DMT so yes the effect can be an awakening and deconstructing the mind. I realized and experienced God in the purest way on Ayahuasca. Beware though it is very powerful and do your research on that! I don't even know if I would recommend going to a shaman in South America...sometimes they overdose (since they themselves have a different approach to this and the substance is more natural to them) so the risk of basically drink too much and throwing up for 5 hours straight is pretty big. Do your research and definitely have a sitter. But Ayahuasca in itself is awesome and can definitely help you! Much Love from Germany

according to Hamilton, the ayahuasca vine itself, the maoi, has a dissociative effect similar to dxm. 

it’s interesting to me because we know the rapid, persistent antidepressant effect of ketamine. 

this might be why people often say ayahusca has a much deeper healing effect that pharmahusca.

Edited by Oppositionless

People react to Ayahuasca very differently.   Many people vomit and it acts as a purgative.   Not everyone has visuals.   It is more physical than mushrooms.  When I was in the Amazon, I took Black  Ayahuasca, which is like a super ayahuasca, and I was freezing cold even though I was in the jungle.  The guy next to me said he felt someone punch him in the face.   I have intense visions and stories.  But it keeps me in my mind going into the unconscious.   It doesn’t take me out of the mind.  Only Bufo Alvarius does that.

Edited by Jodistrict

Vincit omnia Veritas.

As someone who deeply loves ayahuasca-- yes, it's deeply introspective. For me specifically, it's deep, highly visual, and paranormal. At this point, every time I take Ayahuasca - I become a demi-god.