The Redeemer

Should I be able to look through my partners phone?

19 posts in this topic

Part of me believes people keep secrets on their phone. Is this useful knowledge to know when dating someone?

Nah

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

You can snoop on it when they're not around, but it's not a healthy indicator. It means either you don't trust them fully or that they did something awkward to make you auspicious, both situations being equally bad. If you love someone and they trust you too, then there would no need to be suspicious of them in the first place. 

I'd prefer a situation where we both sit down and say to each other - hey you can look into my stuff anytime you want and I won't mind. You can see it right now if you think I'm being sneaky and hand over my stuff. Just as a "build openness" exercise. This is not easy for partners as often people have a side to themselves that they don't wanna reveal to their partner, for example a gambling addiction. 

The only way to cultivate trust is to be completely open, transparent and vulnerable and it's beautiful. 

Don't be sneaky about it. Leads to bad consequences later. 

1 hour ago, Buck Edwards said:

You can snoop on it when they're not around, but it's not a healthy indicator. It means either you don't trust them fully or that they did something awkward to make you auspicious, both situations being equally bad. If you love someone and they trust you too, then there would no need to be suspicious of them in the first place. 

I'd prefer a situation where we both sit down and say to each other - hey you can look into my stuff anytime you want and I won't mind. You can see it right now if you think I'm being sneaky and hand over my stuff. Just as a "build openness" exercise. This is not easy for partners as often people have a side to themselves that they don't wanna reveal to their partner, for example a gambling addiction. 

The only way to cultivate trust is to be completely open, transparent and vulnerable and it's beautiful. 

Don't be sneaky about it. Leads to bad consequences later. 

Part of me believes she is running an online empire without my knowledge.

I tried being honest and upfront, but it goes both ways.

Edited by The Redeemer

1 minute ago, Buck Edwards said:

You should have open communication. 

I am aware of that. There is no way for me to control her lack of openness though. Like I said it is a two-way street.

I ultimately will have to end things and move on to a girl who is honest and open. It is a mistake on my part for even putting up with such a woman.

2 minutes ago, The Redeemer said:

I am aware of that. There is no way for me to control her lack of openness though. Like I said it is a two-way street.

I ultimately will have to end things and move on to a girl who is honest and open. It is a mistake on my part for even putting up with such a woman.

Nobody can decide that for you. 

20 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Nobody can decide that for you. 

Yes, decision itself will take over.

19 hours ago, The Redeemer said:

Part of me believes people keep secrets on their phone. Is this useful knowledge to know when dating someone?

I'd never ever let any human look through my devices as Your business is your business. 

• Feminist 

5 hours ago, The Redeemer said:

Eh...I am aware of that.

There is no way for ME TO CONTROL her lack of openness though.

Like I said it is a two-way street.

I ultimately will have to end things and move on to a girl who is honest and open.

It is a mistake on my part for even putting up with such a woman.

Dude, you amaze me how you use and weaponize Leo's concepts. "Two-way street"... Can she look through your phone and laptop and storage?

Edited by MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI

• Feminist 

2 hours ago, MAHAVATAR_-_BABAJI said:

I'd never ever let any human look through my devices as Your business is your business. 

My business is your business and your business is my business.

Can she look through your phone and laptop and storage?

Abso-fucking-lutely.

Dude, you amaze me how you use and weaponize Leo's concepts. "Two-way street"... Can she look through your phone and laptop and storage?

Privacy should be abolished.

9 hours ago, The Redeemer said:

Your actual mistake is demanding honesty and openness from a girl while acting immature. You'll miss out on that with the next one too.

5 hours ago, The Redeemer said:

Privacy should be abolished.

So you seem to think consent shouldnt matter if it gets in the way of getting what you want.

• Then I should also be allowed to have sex with you when ever I want when im horny regardless if you want anal sex from a man or not (like you stated you believed in other thread)

Does all this sound good for you? You Consent to that? 

No obviously you do not agree. So your statements at this point are like a child throwing a temper tantrum when they dont get what they want.

Completely lost in egocentrism. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?