SQAAD

I Want To Become A Different Person - Help Me Out

31 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

My objective is to transform to a completely different person over the next years. I am talking about a deep fundamental change. Not petty surface-level stuff. I am tired of all the BS and now at 30 years old with all the experience and learning i've had i am ready to go to the next level. I have finally accepted the Call of the Hero's Journey and i am living the best period of my life the last 1 month. It's really incredible how much better life can get.

My objective spiritually is to become as conscious as humanly possible. 

My objective work wise is to become a world class programmer and eventually start my own business which improves peoples health & well-being.

I am already implementing some major changes in my life like daily walking, daily reviewing my top 10 values, daily watching high-quality videos, daily programming work & daily reading.

Problem is that i push too hard and i get ego backlashes but now i pace myself better. 

Anyways the purpose of this post, is to get some serious advice from other people who have gone through this transformation process. I am all ears.

Keep in mind that i want to focus more on Stage Orange stuff in this period of my life. I need more success in my life. 

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD great :).

I would drop spirituality for now and start with basic survival . work towards achieving financial independence..getting a job that you  feel passionate about.  Develop strong work ethic. Get a girlfriend. Etc you can check Maslow's heriracy of needs as a guide. 

Good luck brother ? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here

20 hours ago, Someone here said:

@SQAAD great :).

I would drop spirituality for now and start with basic survival . work towards achieving financial independence..getting a job that you  feel passionate about.  Develop strong work ethic. Get a girlfriend. Etc you can check Maslow's heriracy of needs as a guide. 

Good luck brother ? 

Thank you.

I cannot completely ignore Spirituality because i really love it and gives me much peace and happiness. But yes it's true i need to focus more on basic survival and success type stuff.

Realistically you are not going to become a completely different person in a few years, and that expectation will tend to hinder you.

You need a longer timeline of more like 10 years+. But then again, it may not be a good idea to think so far ahead so that you can focus on the next few years.

If you really wanna change you gotta be patient and realistic about it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You need to get into subconscious work which Leo doesn’t teach. If you follow Joe Dispenza he will teach you how to change on a deep level. 

Edited by StarStruck

@SQAAD

First I'll throw different perspective to @Someone here's suggestion. I wouldn't advice reducing or stopping spiritual practices, but just use them to generate energy to change one's life materially if you wish to put it that way. With higher consciousness you'll make higher consciousness decisions and those will carry your stage orage cleaning job even higher dimensions you ever thought before. Also there's deep connection between general self-help and spirituality that many people don't see properly. It's easier to change lifestyle when you work on your "karma" or traditionally called "trauma" using spiritual methods. Also it's so much easier to meditate when you know you've done what you must've done for the day or a week. It gives you extra peace of mind.

Fastest and best method to adjust one's personality or life as a whole happens by deeply contemplating one's philosophy and how that manifests in actuality in day to day life. What type of person you'd wish to be? How that person would value things, how that person would make decisions and from what observation angle? Answering those questions will set you a goal of a person you're aiming to unleash from inside. Now you have a plan and that gives you stability and motivation. Next thing is to really master self-integrity and start doing what needs to be done. It should be non-negotiable to always consider and do the best move on the board or otherwise there's no point in anything.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

@SQAAD Deeply connect to the subtle knowing in you. Follow your heart and intition (subconscious mind) to your calling... and even into the unknown. There will be more situations coming up in which you have to take the jump. So, trust yourself. The parachute only opens when you jump.

Program yourself to trust the universe and to recognize that your highest vision and life are already here in every breath, sensation, sound, emotion, feeling, thought, situation and state. Program yourself that everything happening is a confirmation and a stepping stone for your highest vision.

If it works for you, include a minimum of 30 minute visualization in the morning.

I also agree with identity being the key:

3 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

Fastest and best method to adjust one's personality or life as a whole happens by deeply contemplating one's philosophy and how that manifests in actuality in day to day life. What type of person you'd wish to be? How that person would value things, how that person would make decisions and from what observation angle?

@SQAAD In all detail, how would your identity feel like when you live your highest vision in daily life?

With meditative focus, choose contrary action (not only useful for recovering addicts; listen to this multiple times if needed):

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Loving Radiance

7 minutes ago, Loving Radiance said:

In all detail, how would your identity feel like when you live your highest vision in daily life?

I am not sure if that was question meant to be answered by me or contemplation question for SQAAD. I'll answer to that anyways. There are some key aspects in life lived fully based on your dreams and personality and here's a list.

1. You feel like an artist, because you are literally crafting your life and living it in very unique way that smells like perfume made from you.
2. There's no comparison to other people, because you have so unique lifestyle and "game of life" that the only competitor possible is you.
3. You gain heightened trust to life and yourself, because you take the position of deciding whenever something is working or not.
4. Everything seems to come together and chaos basically disappears from your life. That is because everything is so well structured.
5. Your confidence skyrockets, because you know you do well and that's more that enough.
6. You realize always deeper how sacred and special your mind, body and life are.
7. There cannot be lack of motivation, because what you're meant to do and what you want to do collapses into one plan.
8. Life becomes exploration adventure of how you can grow yourself today. Literally EVERYTHING becomes a practise.
9. You are a master and the best at what you do in a whole earth. You JUST cannot be beaten in your field.
10. Everything you do is meaningful because that's how you designed it in the first place.

The list could be more expansive, but 10 somehow felt good for a now.

Who told you that "others" are real?

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Realistically you are not going to become a completely different person in a few years, and that expectation will tend to hinder you.

You need a longer timeline of more like 10 years+. But then again, it may not be a good idea to think so far ahead so that you can focus on the next few years.

If you really wanna change you gotta be patient and realistic about it.

I don't know about that. For example i was very lazy for years and then all of a sudden one day i had enough & i've never been that lazy again. Some kinda of shift happened.

Same thing with my addiction to marijuana. One day i just said fk with this BS. But yes you could argue that it took years of suffering to reach that point of disenchantment.

What would you recommend for identity-level change? Should i just focus on repeating good habits day in and day out? What else should i be doing to get the most juice out of this transformation process?

Edited by SQAAD

@StarStruck

18 hours ago, StarStruck said:

You need to get into subconscious work which Leo doesn’t teach. If you follow Joe Dispenza he will teach you how to change on a deep level. 

Post a related video if you can.

Be bold take risks, go out of your comfort zone as much as possible.

Edited by itsadistraction

@Kksd74628

18 hours ago, Kksd74628 said:

@SQAAD

First I'll throw different perspective to @Someone here's suggestion. I wouldn't advice reducing or stopping spiritual practices, but just use them to generate energy to change one's life materially if you wish to put it that way. With higher consciousness you'll make higher consciousness decisions and those will carry your stage orage cleaning job even higher dimensions you ever thought before. Also there's deep connection between general self-help and spirituality that many people don't see properly. It's easier to change lifestyle when you work on your "karma" or traditionally called "trauma" using spiritual methods. Also it's so much easier to meditate when you know you've done what you must've done for the day or a week. It gives you extra peace of mind.

Fastest and best method to adjust one's personality or life as a whole happens by deeply contemplating one's philosophy and how that manifests in actuality in day to day life. What type of person you'd wish to be? How that person would value things, how that person would make decisions and from what observation angle? Answering those questions will set you a goal of a person you're aiming to unleash from inside. Now you have a plan and that gives you stability and motivation. Next thing is to really master self-integrity and start doing what needs to be done. It should be non-negotiable to always consider and do the best move on the board or otherwise there's no point in anything.

-joNi-

Yes i believe if you infuse Spirituality to ordinary stage orange stuff you can be much more effective and happier as a person.

Spirituality, connecting to God makes me a lot more creative and intelligent.

I just need to focus more on the basics of survival but not completely ignore my top#1 value which is.. Consciousness.

On 8/6/2023 at 1:33 AM, SQAAD said:

My objective work wise is to become a world class programmer and eventually start my own business which improves peoples health & well-being.

Thats a good goal, do you already have a background in programming if so maybe try to get hired into a big company like google and apple to start off the financial and expert skill building process. After building a foundation both career, financial and skill wise you can start a business as that takes $$$. Its ok working at google will pay very well. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Loving Radiance

18 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@SQAAD Deeply connect to the subtle knowing in you. Follow your heart and intition (subconscious mind) to your calling... and even into the unknown. There will be more situations coming up in which you have to take the jump. So, trust yourself. The parachute only opens when you jump.

Program yourself to trust the universe and to recognize that your highest vision and life are already here in every breath, sensation, sound, emotion, feeling, thought, situation and state. Program yourself that everything happening is a confirmation and a stepping stone for your highest vision.

If it works for you, include a minimum of 30 minute visualization in the morning.

I also agree with identity being the key:

@SQAAD In all detail, how would your identity feel like when you live your highest vision in daily life?

With meditative focus, choose contrary action (not only useful for recovering addicts; listen to this multiple times if needed):

What does contratry action means?

Yes i completely agree that being spiritually connected to God is very important. And thankfully i am connected to God more than ever before in my life. I am receiving guidance and clues.

@integral

4 minutes ago, integral said:

Thats a good goal, do you already have a background in programming if so maybe try to get hired into a big company like google and apple to start off the financial and expert skill building process. After building a foundation both career, financial and skill wise you can start a business as that takes $$$. Its ok working at google will pay very well. 

I have a very good foundation of the basics of HTML, CSS & Javascript.

Working for Google is a very difficult task to accomplish.

I am currently in the process of making a portfolio so i can apply for jobs here in Greece. If things don't work out here, i may need to go to the Netherlands or somewhere else where someone will give me an opportunity.

I have what it takes but it's really hard to enter this industry. Most businesses are ruthless and they look for all sorts of diplomas & etc. Keep in mind i am self-taught.

This guy is a motivation for me because he got into the industry in his early 30s and now makes 6 figures.

Edited by SQAAD

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@Leo Gura @Leo Gura

I don't know about that. For example i was very lazy for years and then all of a sudden one day i had enough & i've never been that lazy again. Some kinda of shift happened.

Same thing with my addiction to marijuana. One day i just said fk with this BS. But yes you could argue that it took years of suffering to reach that point of disenchantment.

Of course those kind of changes can happen. But I would argue that that doesn't make you fundamentally different. Those are incremental improvements which you can make from year to year. And there can also be backsliding.

What would you recommend for identity-level change? Should i just focus on repeating good habits day in and day out? What else should i be doing to get the most juice out of this transformation process?

I recommend that rather than getting preoccupied with radical change that you focus on small consistent practices and self-improvements. Those will add up over 10 years into something great.

For example, a daily 20min visualization practice done for 10 years will make a huge change of your mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

4 hours ago, SQAAD said:

@StarStruck

Post a related video if you can.

Don’t be lazy. Read all of Dispenza’s books. 

@Leo Gura

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course those kind of changes can happen. But I would argue that that doesn't make you fundamentally different. Those are incremental improvements which you can make from year to year. And there can also be backsliding.

I recommend that rather than getting preoccupied with radical change that you focus on small consistent practices and self-improvements. Those will add up over 10 years into something great.

For example, a daily 20min visualization practice done for 10 years will make a huge change of your mind.

Ok. So what you are suggesting basically is that by doing these small practices year by year eventually after a decade you become a completely new person.

Although i would argue that some things you rate as small improvements make you fundamentally different (for example being a smoker vs non-smoker).

Or another example that's connected to me. Facing fear vs avoiding fear. That's a fundamental difference and not a mere small improvement in my opinion.

How would you define someone being fundamentally different?

Edited by SQAAD

36 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

you become a completely new person.

I would say that this won't really happen. You will not become a completely new person. The core of you will stay the same. But you will become a more evolved, more mature version of you.

The truth is that after 15+ years of personal development and spiritual work the core of me has not changed. I'm still me in very deep ways. But also I've grown up a lot. It's rather paradoxical. An important part of this work is deeply accepting who you are, not trying to totally change yourself. The human mind is not flexible enough to totally change itself. Especially once you reach about age 30, much of who you are is set for life. But you can do a lot of refinement of yourself and polish off the jagged edges.

Edited by Leo Gura