Carl-Richard

How I lost 2-3kg basically on accident

15 posts in this topic

Over the summer, I made a few adjustments to my lifestyle that made me lose 2-3kg basically on accident.

In the winter/early-spring, I started taking a 10-minute walk after dinner. I did so because I had started running some weeks earlier for the cardiovascular benefits, but I gave up because it made me feel like shit (as if my testosterone had been drained out of my body). The walk decreases the blood sugar spike from the meal, gets the circulation going and even boosts the immune system (I've only been sick once after that). Whether it improves my cardiovascular health to any significant degree is questionable, but it's better than nothing, and I like it (and it's a way to unwind). Over the summer, I started adding a 10-minute walk after my evening meal as well.

Next, I started removing the crusts from my already limited amount of bread in the morning (lol, bear with me). I did this because I thought that the nasty chemicals from the baking process are concentrated in the crusts (evident by the darker color and more aromatic taste). This might not seem like a lot, but when I take the crusts and compare them to the overall amount of bread, it could be anything from 1/5th to 1/4th of the weight being removed. Over the course of days, weeks and months, this adds up. Slightly tweaking parts of your daily routine in a systematic fashion like this seems to be an easy way to get results.

And finally, only in the last week or so, I started eating... pears ? Apparently, pears are a good source of chromium, and chromium is involved in maintaining the proper functioning of insulin. I'm used to eating some fruit at the end of the day anyway, so I started having one half to one whole pear along with my evening meal. I think it was after this that I started feeling a bit lighter (but it was probably not a huge change and maybe learning about the role of chromium just drew my attention to my already existing progress).

It might be that the scale I used to weigh myself could be tricking me somewhat, as you tend to wear heavier clothes in the winter than in the summer, but I swear that I was hovering around 80-82kg in the winter/spring, while now I'm down to 77-79kg (the highest estimate was when I tried wearing my usual winter clothes).

So yeah, this was just a fun story about how my summer has been going. Maybe you can take some inspiration from it if you want (but don't take inspiration from how late at night I wrote this ?).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I'm around the same weight and I lose and gain 2-3 kg all the time. Probably because I drink 1-2 liter per day.

I once lost 10kg in a month. It was Ramadan, and I was fasting. I didn't eat anything other than meat/chicken and juice. Surprisingly, I was not even hungry.

Brooo that could all just be glycogen and water weight lol

1 hour ago, Anon212 said:

Brooo that could all just be glycogen and water weight lol

I know pretty well when I've lost or gained fat by how I feel and look. The weight measurements are just to give a clue of how much we're talking. I know that it fluctuates throughout the day. Regardless, I'm very certain that the scale never showed below 80kg in the winter/spring, while today, I sometimes see 76kg and something. That has never happened in 4-5 years, and I'm using the same scale every time. And if you need more proof, I had to drop down my deadlift weight because I've gotten slightly weaker (as lower calorie intake also means smaller muscles if you work out regularly).

Edited by Carl-Richard

As a skinny guy I feel like losing weight is the easiest thing in the world, and I'm so mind fucked as to how so many people find it difficult.

How hard is it, truly... to eat just vegetables and meet your caloric intake at 1000-1200 calories a day?

7 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

As a skinny guy I feel like losing weight is the easiest thing in the world, and I'm so mind fucked as to how so many people find it difficult.

How hard is it, truly... to eat just vegetables and meet your caloric intake at 1000-1200 calories a day?

My brother is just like you. He has a hard time eating enough. I've always been a big eater. It's mostly just genetics. We're wired differently.

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

My brother is just like you. He has a hard time eating enough. I've always been a big eater. It's just genetics I think. We're wired differently.

I think that many skinny people just forget about food, have a distaste for meat & oily foods and feeling stuffed.

4 minutes ago, MarkKol said:

I think that many skinny people just forget about food, have a distaste for meat & oily foods and feeling stuffed.

Haha he is also very picky about things like texture and oiliness. I think people with a higher disgust response tend to be skinnier. He is also a bit ADHD, and he used to stand up and walk around the dinner table when we were smaller, and even today, he tends to forget about the food if he's talking a lot.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

Haha he is also very picky about things like texture and oiliness. I think people with a higher disgust response tend to be skinnier.

Also a bias for exercise with high energy but personally I haven't gained any weight since I stopped moving around. But I was naturally walking a few kilometres everyday without thinking about it (prior to getting a job). But even today when I go on a trip e.i Paris I don't take the metro a lot even though I should, I walked 20 kilometres everyday for 7 days without eating much, came home and my dick couldn't get hard at all, completely excused myself without realising.

10 hours ago, MarkKol said:

Same here.

Those people who find it difficult to lose weight usually stop eating food, but continue drinking alcohol and sodas and call it a diet.

On 8/5/2023 at 4:43 AM, MarkKol said:

Lol yeah Some people struggle to get to gain weight. I can start a thread on how I managed to get to 77kg but backslided back to 73-75kg. (178cm)

Edited by Bobby_2021

Some people have higher than average rate of metabolism and some people have a lower than average rate, this why some people find it difficult to lose weight, or more likely to be obese.

I don't like people who look down on fat people. Some people have genetic tendencies to be fat.

2 hours ago, Judy2 said:

@Carl-Richard

you could just weigh yourself in the morning and without clothes to get more accurate and comparable numbers.

I know, but I didn't really use to weigh myself that often, and I can't go back in time and change that ?

On 8/6/2023 at 7:19 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

Some people have higher than average rate of metabolism and some people have a lower than average rate, this why some people find it difficult to lose weight, or more likely to be obese.

I don't like people who look down on fat people. Some people have genetic tendencies to be fat.

Far better predictor of being fat is caloric intake. 

After than comes genetic tendencies. 

Genetic tendencies become a significant predictor only in a small number of cases. Like real medical cases. Not a mere predisposition to getting fat.

For me I used to be 60kg. I just increased my caloric intake to add 15kg over a year. Now it has rather stabilised.

*Caloric intake.*

Edited by Bobby_2021