martins name

AI is fundamentally a different kind of intelligence.

9 posts in this topic

Our reasoning is the same but we have wisdom. Mainly in the form of values modeled in SD. We have gained this wisdom from co-evolving with the real world for 3.7 b years. AI fundamentally doesn't have the same life experience as our DNA does and I don't see a way around that for AI. Humans are irreplaceable. AI must always be our tool.
Thoughts?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

What I find interesting is that AI art is consistently terrible unless you have a vision and put some real thought into it. I think that's how it is at least. 

What is that you know, that intuition which AI doesnt seem to have.

@Jannes The fine balance of survival instinct, passion, joy, love and beauty. All integrated into a whole to maximize the complexification of god.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

On 7/31/2023 at 0:31 PM, martins name said:

We have gained this wisdom from co-evolving with the real world for 3.7 b years. AI fundamentally doesn't have the same life experience as our DNA does and I don't see a way around that for AI. Humans are irreplaceable. AI must always be our tool.
Thoughts?

To add on to that, AI learning algorithms don't actually understand anything, as understanding involves far more than responding to input in situationally appropriate ways. In particular, understanding is grounded in a capacity for Care, which non-living entities lack - for exactly the reasons you outline.

The main difference is that living beings have 'skin in the game' as far as their relationship with Reality is concerned, while non-living entities don't have survival needs to give their actions meaning and consequences.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

But that's why it's so dangerous ? It could get increasingly intelligent and not have wisdom or the values we have which would probably end badly for us.

Yes, AI should not be regarded as a human mind just because it can say human-sounding things. It's missing core features of human minds. Even if AI had wisdom it would still not be a human mind.

It's doubtful that AI has anything like experience.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

AI overlaps with human intelligence. It can do certain things much better but it also lacks certain critical functions such as intuition. None the less AI will be a great supplement to your thinking if you know how to use it and have a proper understanding of the tech.

AI is not intelligent, you can even conclude this if u put a small riddle for it to solve. If it isn't in its database, it can't solve it. 

Imagine AI as a library of words based on the chance of them following one another based on patterns. It is pretty dumb if u think about it. 

It may have some crystallized intelligence (without the experiential part) but it definitely doesn't have any fluid intelligence.