integral

What is God Realization?

9 posts in this topic

The issue im facing is every day there are reports about how people realized they are god on psychedelics. When I look at anything, its god, everything is god all the time. Its so obvious there is no need for a altered state, sober is good enough. 

Its very confusing to me that everyone is saying they had a god realization experience but then that means they forgot? Are you guys forgetting all the time? What is there to forget its so profoundly simple. Its right there in front of you all the time. How can you forget?

So there must be a miss-understanding with what I'm experiencing as god realization and what everyone else is reporting. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

It's not a matter of forgetting. You're always looking at GOD, however your sober level of awareness of GOD is extremely limited no matter enlightened you claim to be.

It's not a matter of forgetting, it's a matter of lack of consciousness.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura What makes the sober state so special, like why does god gravitate towards that particular state (or field of states if that's more accurate) without any interference?

Edited by DefinitelyNotARobot

beep boop

39 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It's not a matter of forgetting. You're always looking at GOD, however your sober level of awareness of GOD is extremely limited no matter enlightened you claim to be.

I always took it as forgetting. When I have an Awakening, I always say "How did I forget this!! How do I not remember THIS!!??" Then it quickly fades away as soon as I come back.

@Leo Gura Ah ok so its a matter of degree, but why is it not possible to change perspective to it after it is experienced like an acquired perspective? I can understand its impossible to re-experience, what i mean is during the experience there is a understanding, then that understanding remains. Is understanding forgotten? I feel like the average person on the site is not experiencing infinite degrees of understanding that only a infinite mind can understand. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

9 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

@Leo Gura What makes the sober state so special, like why does god gravitate towards that particular state (or field of states if that's more accurate) without any interference?

What do you mean by sober state?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

1 hour ago, integral said:

@Leo Gura Ah ok so its a matter of degree, but why is it not possible to change perspective to it after it is experienced like an acquired perspective? I can understand its impossible to re-experience, what i mean is during the experience there is a understanding, then that understanding remains. Is understanding forgotten? I feel like the average person on the site is not experiencing infinite degrees of understanding that only a infinite mind can understand. 

It's not forgotten as much as it is covered by the re-assembly of the monkey mind / ego / person. 

It's still there, as long as the nature of thoughts that hide it is seen through.

2 hours ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

The sober state is not special. But it is your default, baseline way of being conscious so you gotta take it seriously because it makes up the majority of your life. Sort of like how a planet has a default orbit which can change but in practice doesn't change much.

2 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

I always took it as forgetting. When I have an Awakening, I always say "How did I forget this!! How do I not remember THIS!!??" Then it quickly fades away as soon as I come back.

Yes, that does happen. But your memory is tied with your state of consciousness. So really it's the state that makes all the difference.

1 hour ago, integral said:

Your memory and understanding is deeply tied to your state of consciousness. The highest understanding is so deep that it cannot be held in memory, it needs to be part of your current state of consciousness.

You can retain some understanding, but understanding cannot substitute for an Awakened state of consciousness.

There is no substitute for state of consciousness.

As an example, you have a very good understanding of what sex is, but that will never be the same as being in the middle of sex. And you can't be in the middle of sex all the time.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no substitute for state of consciousness.

As an example, you have a very good understanding of what sex is, but that will never be the same as being in the middle of sex. And you can't be in the middle of sex all the time.

@Leo Gura this is for me so obvious that I don't understand how so many here keep coming with this question. Even the state of consciousness I have early in the morning differs from when I eat a good breakfast. If I would aim to keep the highest states I reach under effect of psycadelics I would need to be constantly using it. Would be like having sex the whole day.