michaelcycle00

How to integrate emotionally that "The Show Must Go On"?

13 posts in this topic

How can I be more naturally self-centered? I feel guilty if I feel really good (despite it being super rare) when I know most people are miserable, full of anger, always defensive, with personal problems on top of working shitty jobs for wages that don't really afford them independence. It's true that you can feel whatever way you want inside regardless of what's going on outside. At times I've been abused really harshly and then 30 minutes later I can almost feel elated simply because I want to and allow myself to feel that way, but it makes me feel guilty that only very few of us are able to enjoy this. Sadly most people don't even have the wits or the openmindedness to consider this a possibility. I see clearly how a lot of problems that society has could be solved this very day if we all worked together for once. It pains me how we're so close yet so far from actually enjoying existence and being decent to one another.

At the same time, I understand things must be this way (for whatever Godly reason) and that loving myself entirely and thinking I'm worthy of everything is foolish because someone could just kill you for pleasure suddenly one day, or punch you to death because you got into an argument, etc. At the end of the day you're not worth a lick, are better than anyone, or have anything guaranteed. The world will keep spinning regardless of whatever is relevant to you personally. You could love yourself with the highest intensity in the world and still be reduced to a blob of flesh 15 minutes later. Or if you're as unlucky as I am your happiness will attract a ton of vultures who see you as easy prey to take advantage of.

Edited by michaelcycle00

Stop caring what other people feel you are just making up what you think they are feeling. And you have no control over what they feel. You can just be as you are and thats all you can do. The only reason you think you've pissed someone off is cause you are self judging your own actions. You might actually be helping someone by being an asshole to them

Edited by Hojo

5 hours ago, Hojo said:

Stop caring what other people feel you are just making up what you think they are feeling. And you have no control over what they feel. You can just be as you are and thats all you can do. The only reason you think you've pissed someone off is cause you are self judging your own actions. You might actually be helping someone by being an asshole to them

I just feel incredibly sad for most of the population. They're dumb and ignorant, it's a curse. They'll never get a taste of genuine pleasure. A nice home in a safe neighborhood, peace of mind, true happiness, or connections with people that are not based on self-interest, among others. The reality for most people is grim af and they'll never get out of it because they're dumb and ignorant. How doesn't this bother you? The world's wavelength is so dark and claustrophobic. So much so that the key to happiness is completely ignoring it and living in delusion. 

@michaelcycle00 i spent my entire life worrying about others thoughts then realized it was the dumbest thing I've ever done. All it does is bring you down. Its the most useless thing you can do with your mind

Edited by Hojo

13 hours ago, Hojo said:

You might actually be helping someone by being an asshole to them

My mom stopped talking to me a few months ago. My dad finally opened up in therapy the reason for this - my mother wants me to forgive her family before she’ll talk to me again.

But her family is very much against my values. I choose not to talk to them. And if she doesn’t like that, then I can’t do anything about it. I’m not changing my mind even if that means I’ll never talk to my mother again.

This is what happens when you place your entire identity on groupthink and family values. You’ll defend and justify the group members’ behavior even if they go against your values. My family members abused my mother, and she acts like it was no big deal. That’s how I learned to have idiot compassion towards anybody, but now I’ve had enough. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

We don't see the world as it is. We see the world how we are. Like the famous saying "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change". 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I". 

4 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

We don't see the world as it is. We see the world how we are. Like the famous saying "If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change". 

Are you really not scared of absolute meaninglessness?

Let’s say everything is under my control because I’m God and I’m completely alone with figments of my imagination (others). For starters I’d be wondering: why did I give myself such a shitty dream? To wake up from it?

Ok, let’s go with that since it seems to be the least negative possibility. Now, I can change the code of this existence or make a new one. I can get any partner, unlimited resources, heck I can even give myself superpowers. Everything is at my disposal because there is no one else’s will but mine since it’s just me here. What then? All the things we enjoy in life we do so because there’s a certain meaning attached to them.

How am I gonna enjoy movies when there are actually no actors, no cameras, no filming and I’m rendering the whole thing in real time?

How am I gonna indulge in my hobby (cinematography) since there is no one to see my work?

How am I gonna form a deep connection with someone since there’s no such thing and I’m the one imagining they like me just like I could easily imagine the opposite? Means nothing.

your case is simple. the circumstance of your human life is complex, dysfunctional, dissonant, without a valid solution. your output is transcendence. total, complete transcendence. In the end, adapting to human structures is a real pain in the ass, boring, sad and superficial. to hell with that. transcend, truly, to the fullest. infinity awaits you. but the work is serious, hard and difficult. Either you do, or your life will be a spiral to hell. I don't know you, maybe I talked too much, but from what I've read about you, I feel quite identified and there is no other way: the truth. the best way by the way

I don't understand what's your problem exactly but I'd say confront your resistance (probably rooted in fear) head on. It will be painful but it must be so. I think there is no way around suffering. To integrate You have to suffer through whatever's there. Sometimes it fucking sucks but it is what it is.

Also though, beware of your interpretations and stories about how the world is. Your post is filled with them.

Edited by Sincerity

Notice that when you are living in these good vibrations you improve the mood of others around you even if they are unable to fully open the floodgates like you do.

Sailing on the ceiling 

14 hours ago, michaelcycle00 said:

I just feel incredibly sad for most of the population. They're dumb and ignorant, it's a curse. They'll never get a taste of genuine pleasure. A nice home in a safe neighborhood, peace of mind, true happiness, or connections with people that are not based on self-interest, among others. The reality for most people is grim af and they'll never get out of it because they're dumb and ignorant. How doesn't this bother you? The world's wavelength is so dark and claustrophobic. So much so that the key to happiness is completely ignoring it and living in delusion. 

@michaelcycle00 You can always actualize yourself and create systems that help emancipate people from their suffering.

Be-Do-Have

You have to play the cards you're dealt

There is no failure, only feedback

I tried to find a suitable video from this channel for your post but this one is close enough. I suggest you binge watch a lot of his videos to try to get a bigger picture of things. You need to get a basic understanding of what is really going on here in Reality and this channel is very simple to understand but with very powerful messages. This one video might not answer most of your questions and definitely doesn't dive deep into the existential nature of Reality like Leo does and Leo's is way more advanced; but for what I see where most of your confusion lies, this channel might help somewhat. Just view it with an open mind and put aside some of your limited beliefs for now and try to start from a clean slate and it will be more beneficial to you in the beginning. You will still have more questions, more doubts and fears but they will get less and less the more you start to see things from a higher perspective. 

The "I" wants to know it's not. So, it seeks the end of itself. Hurray, there never was an "I".