JTL

Applying the teachings, which and when.

3 posts in this topic

Hey, @Leo Gura 

I wanted to ask you about something. You see, I've been struggling with anxiety for quite a while now, and it's been causing me a lot of distress. I experience intrusive thoughts and severe muscle pain because of it. It's been tough.

But here's the thing, I've been using your guided meditation videos on YouTube for over three years, hoping it would help ease my anxiety. Unfortunately, it hasn't improved much. but, it help for the muscle pain, However, I've come to realize that I've suffered enough, and I'm ready to make a change in my life. 

I must say, your teachings have resonated with me deeply most of them. I particularly loved the insights from the video on the power of letting go and your blog post about internal family systems. They've opened my eyes to different approaches, and I believe they could both be beneficial for me. You've made a real impact on me, and I appreciate your videos.

My biggest challenge is this constant worrying that consumes me. Even during meditation, I hear this voice inside me saying things like, "I feel unsafe," "I'm afraid," or even calling out for my mom. It's unsettling, to say the least. So, I've been wondering if internal family systems might be a suitable approach to address these issues, or if I should focus more on learning how to let go. 

On another note, I've noticed that my anxiety tends to latch onto various topics or situations almost at random. It's like it needs an outlet to express itself. For example, I might worry about thinking the wrong thoughts at one moment, and then suddenly I'll be anxious about having HIV at another. It's scary, and strange, I know. Recently, I've even found myself getting unreasonably worried about exploring awareness. crazy, stuff!

To give you an idea of what happens, I'll read a sentence that triggers me, and then I'll be hit with this intense fear of something negative happening. It spirals from there, with my thoughts is consumed by fear worry that x have or will happen. I asked myself why am I afraid and the answer I got back was it is a scary world.

I'm hoping you could share some tips or guidance on how to address and overcome this, cause I want to fix it from the root.  Thank you 

Edited by JTL