Ryan M

What are some spiritual practices that are actually effective?

8 posts in this topic

Which spiritual practices would say are worth while and could improve your overall well-being? Meditation, psychs, yoga, etc..

Edited by Ryan M

5 minutes ago, Ryan M said:

Which spiritual practices would say are worth while and could improve your overall well-being? Meditation, psychs, yoga, etc..

There's no universal answer. You have to find what works for you, based on where you currently are. Meditation is a mainstay, but if that is difficult, hatha yoga is a good start. Try "The Mind Illuminated" by John Yates, and see if it helps.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

A good retreat is really helpful in the short term. It helps you unplug from the world and get a small taste. Plus you get some leads and stories from the people there. It's a feel good experience.

Consistent meditation practice is good because it sets up a good routine. Visit seminars and lectures.

That is a good place to start.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Purposefully break rules that you never question the validity of, and don’t resist whatever experience arises out from doing it.

Of course, start with mundane stuff (e.g. brush your teeth with the opposite hand), then work your way towards more challenging stuff (e.g. try a dose of a psychedelic that you haven’t tried before).

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

there is well being and there is true being, one goes out and one goes in

one precludes the other in my opinion

12 hours ago, Ajax said:

A good retreat is really helpful in the short term. It helps you unplug from the world and get a small taste. Plus you get some leads and stories from the people there. It's a feel good experience.

Consistent meditation practice is good because it sets up a good routine. Visit seminars and lectures.

That is a good place to start.

I didn't explain myself well enough. The key to participate. First is proper instruction, then is doing it. When just starting on the path, it is hard to know what is good and what isn't. It is also hard to just start practicing. So, when starting out, it is a good idea to find a guide that will give you the opportunity to participate. Check Facebook groups for a gathering or your local listings or library to find events where you can participate. 

here is the key strategy. Find what you like through doing it, experiencing it. If you see potential...investigate it more. Sample before you buy.  Leo has a list of potential practices to sample. I suggest you start there on the start here tab on this website.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches.