Enigma777

Does voting really changes anything?

11 posts in this topic

Knowing that big corporations are at least as powerful as the state, you could ask yourself. Interesting series of documentaries on the subject:

You give up your voice, you give up your power.

The big reason we are in a world of shit is because not many care to vote. No voice is permission to allow abuse and exploitation happen.

So that's a load of ?

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Voting won't matter until the people figure out a way to have candidates that they were involved with build-up from the grassroots.  Giving both parties a pass to select individuals for the citizens to vote for is not democracy.  

It's like asking someone if they want to eat shit or drink pee for dinner.  

5 hours ago, Tanz said:

Voting won't matter until the people figure out a way to have candidates that they were involved with build-up from the grassroots.  Giving both parties a pass to select individuals for the citizens to vote for is not democracy.  

It's like asking someone if they want to eat shit or drink pee for dinner.  

If you are not participating, you are not even being a spectator.  The less you spectate, the less you get involved.The less you get involved the less voting matters.

I am sorry that is a defeatist point of view and it opens the door to having a Hitler or Stalin run the country.

It's sad that an increasing amount of people are in agreement with this thinking. Very disappointed.

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

1 hour ago, Ajax said:

If you are not participating, you are not even being a spectator.  The less you spectate, the less you get involved.The less you get involved the less voting matters.

I am sorry that is a defeatist point of view and it opens the door to having a Hitler or Stalin run the country.

It's sad that an increasing amount of people are in agreement with this thinking. Very disappointed.

The bi-partisan system promotes the scenario Tanz stated. With corruption and low standards, the value of votes is reduced to almost nothing.

@Israfil

The government is supposed to be for the people, by the people. When people are not involved, the Government becomes for the Government, by the government. Your rights are what the government tell you what your rights are. Votes show that the people are paying attention. People can use their votes for electing state senators, and they should take it farther and choose delegates to keep state representatives accountable for people's needs. 

So what if a bipartisan system is full of shit... You don't say, it is a mess and disaster and there is nothing we can do about it so we will just ignore it and hope it will go away. That's absurd. You got a problem, you have handle it.  

Tell me if the citizens are not taking responsibility and participating in the management of this country... Who is? Who is responsible? 

Its not the system that is the problem, it's the idiots that run it and I am not just talking about elected officials. 

Does one person thinking that not voting doesn't change anything and not doing it matter? Okay, no.

Does thousands of people going through the same process matter? Yessss, absolutely!!!!

There are two traps. One is to think that you only matter as a part of a group. The other is to think that you only matter as an individual. Both are important, is it that difficult to understand?

On 7/5/2023 at 8:30 PM, Ajax said:

That isnt that mindset at all, the mindset is nothing is going to change until people are willing to do the work together.  If that is not done, the donor class will continue to have their way.  It's a fact that they fund both sides.  

On 7/5/2023 at 10:58 PM, Ajax said:

The government is supposed to be for the people, by the people.

Except its for the few that create the choices for the people.  There is just an illusion of choice.  When I do vote its usually an independent that's not funded by special interest

It's just one way that you can easily do.

But there are more efficient/effective ways to raise consciousness such as making educational videos.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Right now our vote may not mean much, but just imagine the possibilities in 5-10 years with the advancement of AI.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI