ivankiss

Content quality is dropping

36 posts in this topic

Is it just me or is there more and more low quality nonsense on this forum - particularly on this sub? 

I've been active here, pretty consistently for the past 4/5 years, and I'd say that the quality of the content has been dropping steadily over the years. 

My guess is that more and more 'low consciousness' folks are joining the forum and more and more 'high consciousness' folks are leaving, or are semi-active, kind of in the background. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like the balance is not quite there in this case.

Every other member posting on this sub is now 'God-realized' or 'the most awakened one' or whatever else. I've seen members hijack the entire sub, rambling about how enlightened they are, what things are or are not, etc. And I get it. You have some mystical experiences, a few realizations, you take some psychedelics, you meditate a bit... and now you want the whole world to know how enlightened you are. I know the feel, bro. Been there. And I certainly have done or said some stupid shit on here myself. But you gotta tame that beast, bro. You gotta be smarter than that. You must know your place. 

I have respect for certain members here, even though I wouldn't say I'm particularly close to anyone. But I value the opinion of some. To various extents. I also find zero value in what some other member have to share or suggest. Simply because they've proven themselves to be immature, underdeveloped and 'asleep'. They are usually equipped with loads of fake confidence too, which makes things even more cringy.

Where is genuine curiosity? Genuine desire for wisdom and awakening? Love? Communion? Unity?

I'm not saying there is zero of that on this forum, but it's far less prevalent than all the other nonsense.

What I'm trying to suggest is: don't post just any stupid shit that crosses your half awake mind. If you're going to state something, make it good and solid. Make it so that it makes sense to those who are reading. Make it so it has a tail and a head. Don't just ramble foolishly, jerking off in everyone's faces.

And if you're going to ask for guidance, advice or help... do it with humility and open-mindedness. Don't ask if you think you already know the answer. Don't ask if you are unable to listen. Work on basic communication skills before you set out to seek enlightenment and whatnot. Be a decent human being first. Then you can maybe try being God lol.

I used to like this place. I still kind of do. Don't turn it into a shitfest now, ok? Thanks.

The kind of community we seek in general, and especially on this forum, cannot exist, because the structure of society simply doesn't allow it. I believe there is a structure that enables and allows individuals to be naturally imbued with integrity and authenticity, but I don't know what it is.

A community always devolves and evolves going through cycles. The kind of integrity we seek in others requires people to not only be in control of their minds and ego but also of their habits, body and many other aspects of life. The way we are influenced by everything else around us, it's impossible to move against while being inside it.

One of the only feasible way that ultra spiritual community can exist if it's small, mostly disconnected from society at large, and the people are high consciousness to begin with. Imagine an association of modern people living like a tribe inside a jungle, but with adequate modern technology and facilities.

Other than this, I don't know if anyone has cracked how to change the structure of all of society itself, to facilitate human growth and integrity. Trying to change people on a forum is mostly a futile task, for the purposes of achieving an integral community. The only reason this place has more integrity and authenticity than your average online community is because of the resistance Leo and the moderates put up against the influences of rest of society. In other words, moderate and maintain the community's will to grow.

It doesn't matter how many bots are on this forum. it doesn't matter what they think. a living consciousness can only prove to itself its level of mental health - how happy it is

As people awaken they have questions. A well thought out question to you might be way too high level for some. And their question to you is stupid newbie stuff. Maybe refine your your teaching so you can answer their questions with no effort and have them understand easier.

Edited by Hojo

On 6/26/2023 at 8:11 PM, ivankiss said:

My guess is that more and more 'low consciousness' folks are joining the forum and more and more 'high consciousness' folks are leaving, or are semi-active, kind of in the background. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like the balance is not quite there in this case.

Every other member posting on this sub is now 'God-realized' or 'the most awakened one' or whatever else. I've seen members hijack the entire sub, rambling about how enlightened they are, what things are or are not, etc. And I get it. You have some mystical experiences, a few realizations, you take some psychedelics, you meditate a bit... and now you want the whole world to know how enlightened you are. I know the feel, bro. Been there. And I certainly have done or said some stupid shit on here myself. But you gotta tame that beast, bro. You gotta be smarter than that. You must know your place. 

The few high-consciousness users don't spend too much time on this forum because they have less incentive to do so. Most users in this forum have average or low consciousness, and their posts align with that. Such posts are unappealing to highly conscious or sensible users.

Bullshitters love bullshitting each other. So, they end up creating the most number of posts. xD

I'm not surprised by the forum's situation.

It is what it is. I don't really have any suggestions on what should be done about it. It is the internet, after all. 

Just an observation on my behalf. Felt like saying a thing or two about it.

All is well - I suppose.

Although it is funny to see topics like this being ignored, while topics like "I AM THE GODLIEST GOD OF THEM ALL - AMA!" blow up instantaneously. 

We all want THE TRUTH, yet we play dumb and refuse to see it when it's right in front of us.

Marvellous creatures. God job, Father. 

Jk lol 

On 6/26/2023 at 8:11 AM, ivankiss said:

Is it just me or is there more and more low quality nonsense on this forum - particularly on this sub? 

I've been active here, pretty consistently for the past 4/5 years, and I'd say that the quality of the content has been dropping steadily over the years. 

I have respect for certain members here, even though I wouldn't say I'm particularly close to anyone. But I value the opinion of some. To various extents. I also find zero value in what some other member have to share or suggest. Simply because they've proven themselves to be immature, underdeveloped and 'asleep'. They are usually equipped with loads of fake confidence too, which makes things even more cringy.

Where is genuine curiosity? Genuine desire for wisdom and awakening? Love? Communion? Unity?

I'm not saying there is zero of that on this forum, but it's far less prevalent than all the other nonsense.

What I'm trying to suggest is: don't post just any stupid shit that crosses your half awake mind. If you're going to state something, make it good and solid. Make it so that it makes sense to those who are reading. Make it so it has a tail and a head. Don't just ramble foolishly, jerking off in everyone's faces.

And if you're going to ask for guidance, advice or help... do it with humility and open-mindedness. Don't ask if you think you already know the answer. Don't ask if you are unable to listen. Work on basic communication skills before you set out to seek enlightenment and whatnot. Be a decent human being first. Then you can maybe try being God lol.

I used to like this place. I still kind of do. Don't turn it into a shitfest now, ok? Thanks.

Really?  First, know the sensations, emotions and thoughts that accompany all this.  After all, this is really all about you.  Even if I were God-realized or awakened or whatever, it'd still just be you reading this and, ideally, looking for more meaning and understanding about "you"... you the being, you the identified, you the machine.  Let's take a second to look at what you posted...

1. "Seems to be more lower conscious types and less higher conscious types."  I know you're proud, or at least content, with your contributions here, but look again.  If you're complaining, and that is what you're doing, what are you bringing to the situation... higher consciousness or lower consciousness?  Is this an effort by some i's to hang on to a tradition?  Can you use this event to increase the quality of your posting?  Maybe you need a break or a different venue to stimulate something new but it wont be change...it'll just be new stimulation showing you new material then with the possibility of change.

And, I have to step out so I'll come back later.  Let me know if you have any other questions because, honestly, even though you are sincere, which is beneficial, there's nothing really new or earth shattering in your comment.  And why not?  Because inner transformation is an Aim of esoteric study and what you did was complain and pontificate a little.  That's not very conscious.  Or transformational.

Edited by uronlydreaming

@uronlydreaming Of course. I'm just projecting. Did not see that one coming... 

Not everything I say here is gold. Far from it. There's plenty of bullshit, I'm aware of that. But expressing a few thoughts about an issue is not a "low consciousness" thing to do, in my book. This is just me seeing the shit that's going on, painting a picture of it and posting it for others to see too.

So please, post some of that earth-shattering, super duper transformational stuff for us to read - if you got any. I hope it's at least as exciting and mind  -blowing as alien squirrel consciousness, or ultra absolute solipsism, or war of gods or something along those lines. Make it good. When you come back, that is.

6 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

So please, post some of that earth-shattering, super duper transformational stuff for us to read - if you got any. I hope it's at least as exciting and mind  -blowing as alien squirrel consciousness, or ultra absolute solipsism, or war of gods or something along those lines. Make it good. When you come back, that is.

Human by day, superhero by night xD

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

I also recall Leo Gura making a great point about this recently.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

13 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Human by day, superhero by night xD

With great power comes great responsibilities xD

7 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

I also recall Leo Gura making a great point about this recently.

Yeah, it's not devoid of bullshit, but cool. Good for him.

Watch all the videos, derive for yourself, contemplate them all and go off for some time.

Also, master stage orange, be financially free and escape wage slavery.

We need to be careful about the forum.

It can become a way of getting approval, cheap dopamine and distract ourselves from the path.

I agree with @ivankiss that there has been an uptick in members pontificating about how enlightened they are, while judging others for their ignorance.

It's nothing new:

The immature go after false prestige - precedence of fellow monks, power in the monasteries, and praise from all. "Listen, monks and householders, I can do this; I can do that. I am right and you are wrong." Thus their pride and passion increase.
- Dhammapada

Historically, deep spiritual teachings have been reserved for people proving themselves to be sincere. Jesus said not to cast pearls before swine, not as an insult to the immature, but as a guide to the mature.

Still, it doesn't bother me. Hospitals are for the sick, not for the healthy. I love the diversity here, regardless of the collective level of consciousness.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

11 minutes ago, Moksha said:

I agree with @ivankiss that there has been an uptick in members pontificating about how enlightened they are, while judging others for their ignorance.

It's nothing new:

The immature go after false prestige - precedence of fellow monks, power in the monasteries, and praise from all. "Listen, monks and householders, I can do this; I can do that. I am right and you are wrong." Thus their pride and passion increase.
- Dhammapada

It definitely won’t last. From my experience, when your arrogance begins to destroy and twist relationships, the serious integration can begin. 

It’s also how we got Darth Vader

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

It definitely won’t last. From my experience, when your arrogance begins to destroy and twist relationships, the serious integration can begin. 

Immaturity has two faces: arrogance and insecurity. Both inevitably lead to suffering.

Awakening isn't guaranteed by suffering. The majority of people suffer their entire lives, without realizing that suffering can be intentionally channeled to clear the portal to themselves. Until this happens, suffering only creates more suffering.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:11 PM, ivankiss said:

I'm guilty of this. I'm sorry and to everyone having to suffer through my bullshit - forgive me.

As a mod I want to help nudge this community towards something better... Yet how would I know what it is if I'm blind myself? That's the conundrum I've been contemplating lately. I don't think there's a right answer to that and so I'm just doing whatever I think is best, but again - what I think doesn't really mean a lot, since I can only see so much.

If You care You could try to think of some ways of how we could encourage genuine curiosity, wisdom, humility, et cetera. How do we create a community where true humility is encouraged and seen as more valuable than being right? Where curiosity is more important than spitting out answers? How would the threads look like - what would be the topics and what replies would be encouraged? 

It's also important to note that this forum is only a casual chat room. The real work is mainly done behind the scenes, so... what should be our expectations for this place?

I don't know. ?‍♂️

My hope is that as I mature with time I'll simply be a better example and thus slightly raise the quality of the forum in that way.

Edited by Sincerity

5 hours ago, ivankiss said:

@uronlydreaming Of course. I'm just projecting. Did not see that one coming... 

Not everything I say here is gold. Far from it. There's plenty of bullshit, I'm aware of that. But expressing a few thoughts about an issue is not a "low consciousness" thing to do, in my book. This is just me seeing the shit that's going on, painting a picture of it and posting it for others to see too.

Projecting or not, you went right to sarcasm, and it gave me a picture of what's really going on inside you.  What else could you do?  I read your previous post and you were setting this all up like a t-ball so you could watch yourself hit it out of the park.  It seems as if you really don't care and are just here to pass some time.  I mean, what a surprise that would be.  What's absent from your sarcastic rant is humility and a question.  Too much for you to make that effort?  Would you like to continue down that path...? Maybe it's the only one you can rely upon in times of ennui.  

So, please, try some humility and a sincere question, unless you really don't care about that stuff and are just here, bound by an ego that delights in amusing itself. 

@uronlydreaming No bro, ain't gonna work, sorry. It's not my first time dealing with folks like this here. 

You ignore what's being said and instead attack my character. You basically say "there is no issue. You are the issue." And I heard that one before. It's one of the favourite cards to pull in spiritual circles. Cannot take you or what you have to say seriously, sorry.

Thanks for screening me though, appreciate the feedback. I only hope you are equally as good at reflecting on yourself.