thenondualtankie

"How I Increased My IQ By 13 Points" - IQ boost via working memory training?

72 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

You could argue it's even more drastic, as he went from being 1/50 to 1/10000. He went from being very high IQ to genius level. The type of work that becomes available to you in that jump is more valuable than going from say a janitor at 87 IQ to say an office worker at 100 IQ.

Okay, say this is possible and real increase and not an outcome from secondary factors. Then you should make it priority to replicate this success and report in a few months. Correct?

3 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

Okay, say this is possible and real increase and not an outcome from secondary factors. Then you should make it priority to replicate this success and report in a few months. Correct?

I'm personally going to play it every day. It's kinda fun too.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm personally going to play it every day. It's kinda fun too.

Great, then we can expect annual reports and your full success-story in 2026?

8 minutes ago, supremeyingyang said:

Great, then we can expect annual reports and your full success-story in 2026?

Lol, I don't know about that. Unless I genuinely start feeling like my brain power is exploding, it's not something I'll spend much time thinking about.

Edited by Carl-Richard

I did 12 sets today on Dual 2 Back and hit 100% for the first time. I didn't realize before the 8th set that I had to match both position and sound if they occurred simultaneously lol (I used to only choose position).

EDIT: Once you hit 100%, you'll keep hitting it pretty often, so it's probably better to move on to the higher ones. I learned that it's better to be completely silent than to intentionally rehearse the information verbally/internally (not sure if this applies for higher Ns).

Edited by Carl-Richard

3 hours ago, thenondualtankie said:

You should move onto the next level once you hit 80%.

I like to max things out ☺️

16 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

EDIT: Once you hit 100%, you'll keep hitting it pretty often, so it's probably better to move on to the higher ones. I learned that it's better to be completely silent than to intentionally rehearse the information verbally/internally (not sure if this applies for higher Ns).

Found this tutorial recommendation

Tips For Beginners

There are some points you have to know to do the Dual N-Back task right. Here is a short list of tips for you to start:

- do it at least 20 minutes a day (30-40 is better) to have significant results;

- do it at least 5 days a week;

- subvocalizing is bad;

- chunking is not so bad;

- if you get stuck on one level for two or three weeks don't worry, just keep going, but don't forget to:

- push your limits. If you get 80% success rate on the task, move up to the next level. Don't try to stabilize a level you are already doing good. Going out of your comfort zone is the only way to grow.

So ye it seems subvocalizing is bad. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, integral said:

Found this tutorial recommendation

So ye it seems subvocalizing is bad. 

Yup. It seems like when you subvocalize, you're filling up the "working space" with more stuff, which decreases the capacity. You're probably just supposed to use what you referred to as pattern recognition and intuition and nothing else.

I did a few sets of Dual 3 Back today and I got up to 64% success rate. I actually feel noticably different after I do it. It's a bit like meditation, but it's more a sharpening of focus than a broadening of awareness.

Edited by Carl-Richard

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

I did a few sets of Dual 3 Back today and I got up to 64% success rate. I actually feel noticably different after I do it. It's a bit like meditation, but it's more a sharpening of focus than a broadening of awareness.

What site are you using? I found some of them use a more random algorithm to generate candidates and others use a more sophisticated approach.  

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

3 hours ago, integral said:

What site are you using? I found some of them use a more random algorithm to generate candidates and others use a more sophisticated approach.  

Brainscale.net. I like the design and the voice.

14 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Brainscale.net. I like the design and the voice.

When doing Dual-3-Back do you get that pop up that sais to wait 1 minute or you need to pay for the membership?

2 hours ago, integral said:

When doing Dual-3-Back do you get that pop up that sais to wait 1 minute or you need to pay for the membership?

I'm paying 6$ a month for now :D

23 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm paying 6$ a month for now :D

CARRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL never pay for thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings Whyyyyy.  ?

30 minutes ago, integral said:

CARRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLLLL never pay for thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiings Whyyyyy.  ?

? I only pay for 3 other things: YouTube premium, gym membership and IAI.tv membership.

On 25/06/2023 at 3:57 PM, integral said:

I was thinking about this to, is the training truly generalized? I think it might be because if you can hold more space in working memory then you can create larger conceptions. Ideally?

@integral Indeed.

Conceptions are logic, and logic are identities under condition of 1. one another and 2. mutual negation, the more space we have the more we are able to find contradictions in statements, patterns, theories and opinions.

Ive been performing complex deductions for four years straight, and it has improved my working memory both of the concepts I have been thinking but also in relation to other kinds of things, it may even be argued that the kind of thing I have been doing should be more efficient than dual n back, since structures are forming between thoughts making them imply one another in ways that dual-n-back wouldn't.

All in all it is all about perpetual exercise of containing different items in the mind at once, we need syntax to do anything except the most primitive logic and our mind teaches itself new syntactical structures when it is actually put to use. 

A question to ask would be: if any, what kind of syntax would dual-n-back instil in us, or improve?

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

One kind of syntax is for instance the "containment" in set theory, would it be plausible that it is precisely this kind of syntax which dual-n-back improves? Since dual-n-back seems to improve our thinking over the board?

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

@Reciprocality That's a good point. I think we can narrow it down the the kind of question the subconscious mind is exposed to the thought to optimize for. If we train on high quality questions that work together in a larger system. Chess, piano... also has a non-subvocal thinking process just like dual-n-back but trains a very different set of questions. 

Edited by integral

Stop watching right-wing media and your IQ will increase by 20 points immediately.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Stop watching right-wing media and your IQ will increase by 20 points immediately.

Stop watching fresh and shit and whatever and it will go up by 50

Edited by Applegarden8