Danioover9000

Body language analysis is a thing to study. megathread

161 posts in this topic

@Yimpa

Just now, Yimpa said:

Now let’s have AI analyze this video about a guy analyzing a director who made a movie about a tragedy who is now discussing about another tragedy related to the original tragedy.

Quick on the post son! Also agree, let's strange loop analysis to analysis, meta analysis.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

Quick on the post son! Also agree, let's strange loop analysis to analysis, meta analysis.

I just realized that your username references the “It’s Over 9000!” meme. This insight took embracing longer than it should have ?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

I just realized that your username references the “It’s Over 9000!” meme. This insight took embracing longer than it should have ?

You know, it's been 4 years since I've joined Actualized.org, and NOBODY picked up this reference at all! Even the few proclaimed otaku mods here! So am glad finally someone realized the meme.?

To a video that I don't like in terms of presentation:

Important to note the main context here, and the biases and narratives being argued for: to create discourse in viewers about revenge, to create more sympathy for this murderer that slowly killed three men using a knife, and plotted this revenge for 22 years, whilst having maybe this stage green value bias and maybe anti capitalism bias too so there's a bias in favor for this Cuckoo person slightly. Based on Spiral Dynamics stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development, 

In this framing, her tonality around word choices, body language and expressive gestures of her hands, shoulders and face starts to make slightly more sense. Honestly my first body analysis and first impressions I just didn't like her tonality and video presentation, too much edits and cuts, certain looks to her left to a person out of camera which I REALLY WISH I COULD ALSO SEE!(PBD has multiple cameras and does show even the producers and editors at another table), and overall felt manipulative too much, like she's trying to persuade me too much to feel sympathy for this murderer I'm sorry, but if both versions of the story were true by the Wang family, that the mother instigated this little conflict by spitting at the son's general direction, the son's reaction is valid as it's almost universally disgusting to be spat upon. The Mother technically started this event, so really it's specifically her fault in this segment, even though there's prior contexts and build up of resentment between the Z and Wang family over wheat contracts. Overall it's a messy situation with no clear winners and I don't know who to belief as this is all coming from a rotten Mango's perspective. I also don't detect defensiveness in her body language, but deception signs there were a few, and again the jump cuts may have been her hiding signs I don't know, but those moments were she closes her eyes too long, moments when she flutters and blinks too much, looks generally upwards to access her brain's visual capacities, these moments are just signs that she's processing a visual memory/imagined visual, don't know as it's straight upwards. And her tonality...can someone tell me her dialect and accent? Is it a Beverly Hills, Hollywood type? Some PLEASE TELL ME! This tonality is just annoying, the sounds of a rotten mango LOL!

And those who object against me for having little empathy: I partly agree, I understand and do have limited empathy for this murderer as I don't have the exact traumatic situation here, but my first priority is to seek help and to do the inner work, to let go of this event in my mind because I know too much about how vicious the revenge cycle can be, because it's my responsibility to look after my physical, mental and emotional well-being as well as the remaining family members I have. A close second or tertiary, and this is coming from a more psychopathic perspective and more perfectionistic one, is if all that fails, then I'm plotting that 22 years of revenge to NEVER GET CAUGHT, Mr. Brooks style, so no I think it's pathetic that it took you 22 years and you haven't plotted the perfect murder, sorry you suck, coming from a more stage red organized crime angle there's so many ways to do a perfect murder. Took 22 years(Could also be a crime of passion or crime of opportunity as well so there's some leeway here) to only get caught and get sentenced to death, sorry but you are accountable for murdering those three men, you deserve that sentencing. I guess I'm just built different and relative to this guy, and I'm reacting negatively to her attempts to manipulate me into feeling sorry for this murderer.

Found a nice one, this time of a person who may or may not be hallucinating. Can understand and empathize:

Although in my opinion, this video is a bit mixed and a bit messy, some of his talking points don't quite fit the argument and case he's building here, main one being the case of if she's faking or deceiving, or if she's genuinely scared and in actual stress, and there's not enough to back either angle he's taking on, lack of evidence and a lack of a convincing reasoning to explain he's assumptions.

I think that the real reason why he made this video is clout chase and to act on a fad and trending social event when it's hot, and not to present a solid compelling analysis video, more like a wish washing case of 'IS IT GENUINE, OR IS IT FAKE?!' kind of video. Mainly because, from his body language analysis of dilated eyes/higher increasing pitch/blink rate increase/decrease as signs of likely deception by analysis/metanalysis despite disagreements, to bringing up Maslow's hierarchy of needs after giving a analysis based on her appearance, to even the lack of bringing up potential explanations that it could be related to mental disorder, this lackluster attitude of not being direct enough and establishing a stronger point gives this impression to me that this video may appear genuine but it's likely a cash grab for some hot trending topic in social media events. I guess to me how he sequenced these points and how he presented them, this neutral false objective looking presentation, just FEELS WRONG, and presenting it this way weakens any case he's trying to build for or against the possible explanations he's tackling here: is she being deceptive or being real and genuinely reacting to a dangerous threat?

IMO she's more likely being genuinely reacting to a threat, in her perception, versus her faking, very likely some hallucination or, more rarer, something only she can see appeared there, that is causing her this level of distress that actually exists that most people there. because of genetic makeup, brain structure and hardwiring, and other factors, are not as responsive, in fact a bit of a rant here this is the more creepier part of the video: A COLLECTIVE BYSTANDER EFFECT AND APATHY! Like not 1 person attempted to engage with her, not even a stewardess or some authority figure, all just looking on in apathy, as if waiting for her to piss off. Bunch of losers. 

Edited by Danioover9000

A very interesting video, that I'm going to analyze and breakdown the body language and tonality of. This woman is a YouTube Content maker, a gamer and reactor I think. Different from my last ones as this is a YouTuber talking to the camera, with presumptions of a live audience and target audience in mind, I assume teens and other gamers. Because of the type of content and audience and the framing, and it being YouTube there's a performance and persona angle, a PR and public figure self image at play as well that I have to factor into the body language analysis. One of many videos I'll be commenting on:

First impressions and intuitions: Her baseline is interesting and seems above average facial expressions. The ones that stand out are in conjunction to emotional points and story events in this game, if you observe her emotional reactions I felt a bit weird, and I remember feeling that way when I was watching Markiplier, Jackseptikai or Pewdipie in the past, especially Markiplier as her reactions reminds me of his reactions, which means I get the feeling that she may be within the autism spectrum and that she's more extroverted, could be wrong as it could be some other developmental factors like SD stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, ego development, and other lines of development in her life domains to societal ones, ideological upbringing, self biases and preferences. Her idiosyncratic behaviors are a bit interesting. Also another factor here is that she's playing this game blind meaning that this is her first let's play through of this game, which means emotions could be more genuine but also I assume when she's addressing some comments that there's going to be higher defensive behavior to look out for spoilers I think.

0:43 to 0:46, you'll see her mouth, interestingly do somewhat of a mouth shrug, and I've seen her do this multiple times, but the particular thing here is the corners of her mouth make somewhat of a frown first briefly, corners slightly going down and in this particular case a bit of tongue sticks out, but it's noted here for me. Best guess is that that is what's called in body language analysis circles an epistemic shrug, which means a 'I don't know, I don't have anything to add, I can't add or subtract from your statements, not much I could offer.' basically combined with slight head tilt, shoulders shrugging and hands raised palms facing upwards slightly is a universal sign for shrugging behaviors for an 'I don't know'. This matches with her tone and her word choice here because she doesn't know if this is the final part of the story, she's anticipating it is and speculating on her part, which knowing that she's playing this blind that future anxiety of getting spoiled may be leaking in her sub communications to the camera. Also throughout the video her face and neck generally more tensed a bit.

Also, moments of random blurting out, speaking out her mind almost unfiltered, plus I'm picking on in terms of word choices and language lots of compliance rhetoric, like using the 'we' pronouns a lot like in her intros in every video of this series. Not to say that use of compliance rhetoric, appeals and fallacies to ethos, pathos and logos makes a person manipulative and deceptive outright, it's just a bit strange with her usage of those techniques here when in fact she's the only one bearing the brunt of this playthrough and nobody else, like literally she's telling nobody in her comments to not give her tips, tricks, hints, spoilers of the game play or story, yet why would she include the band wagon effect here??

22:20 to 22:30, a lot going on in terms of tonality, facial expressions and words. When describing fire flies potentially being good people, her eyebrows tense and furrow briefly, in anger or frustration or some internal disagreement with word choices, mouth and neck tenses and this time not a mouth shrug but a half mouth frown, which usually when lips are pursed or downturned like this, it may be signs of disagreement, anger or confusion, much likely disagreement internally, followed by increase in tonality and volume.

1:01:47 to 1:01:50, the 'jump scare' and her words 'OMG that legit just scared me a bit' very exaggerated reactions, but as she's making that statement her right hand covers her mouth while speaking. Tonality is questionable here, I'm a bit at 50/50 whether that's a genuine reaction or a scripted acted reaction, I think it may have been genuine firstly, but she then exaggerates the feeling and emotional display a bit more here. Not deceptive or defensive signs, but again for performance I think.

1:28:40 to 1:28:50, very brutal part of the gameplay. In terms of facials and tone, blank, slight lip compression, and at 47 to 48 a very emotionless, neutral and bored 'sorry'. It's as if she has turned off her usual body language and tonality emotional outputs, Forgot to mention before she had military, but don't know exactly her past military role/she also plays FPS, so maybe this part when the doctors were preparing to remove Ellie's parasite in her brain, which would have killed Ellie, she has already decided. It's just this moment is a bit jarring and contrasts with her usually very upbeat tonality and facial expressions throughout this playthrough. To me it feels psychopathic and maybe she triggered this apathy state?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiNyYiY9ZaAAxVoVUEAHZhuCaQQFnoECA4QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.betterup.com%2Fblog%2Fhow-to-read-body-language%23%3A~%3Atext%3DFrowning%20may%20indicate%20disagreement%2C%20anger%2Cmaking%20a%20judgment%20about%20something.&usg=AOvVaw3EfhYW7tw9D-d9r4iFOyj2&opi=89978449

Edited by Danioover9000

Another video of hers I'm analyzing:

Really odd to me is at 15:40 to 16:00, very odd emotional reaction to killing the dogs, from her facials to tonality. Maybe she has different values?

Another assumption, what's really bugging me, is I intuitively feel like her target audience is 12 year old and below due to her exaggerated expressions and emotional outbursts. Kind of reminds me of Markiplier's persona and energy, maybe that's why? But if this is the case then I'm a bit disturbed by it because if you look at her body language, facials, mannerisms, tonality throughout these videos, if her target viewers are much younger, and her banner art in her channel being classed as Chibi art(Which in Japan chibi a genre of art that has cute like features emphasized, intended for children from pre school, to elementary and middle school) then most of her content is inappropriate for that age group because the Witcher, and TLOU1 and 2 contain mature themes, graphic violence and gore, and suggestive sexual themes not suitable for that demographic.

I don't know, probably will focus on another person for body language analysis for now. This person gives me strange vibes. What do you guys think in terms of body language? Am I a bit off or am I close to being right? Any inputs @Carl-Richard, @Roy, @Leo Gura, @itsadistraction, @Yimpa

Edited by Danioover9000

7 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

Another video of hers I'm analyzing:

Really odd to me is at 15:40 to 16:00, very odd emotional reaction to killing the dogs, from her facials to tonality. Maybe she has different values?

Another assumption, what's really bugging me, is I intuitively feel like her target audience is 12 year old and below due to her exaggerated expressions and emotional outbursts. Kind of reminds me of Markiplier's persona and energy, maybe that's why? But if this is the case then I'm a bit disturbed by it because if you look at her body language, facials, mannerisms, tonality throughout these videos, if her target viewers are much younger, and her banner art in her channel being classed as Chibi art(Which in Japan chibi a genre of art that has cute like features emphasized, intended for children from pre school, to elementary and middle school) then most of her content is inappropriate for that age group because the Witcher, and TLOU1 and 2 contain mature themes, graphic violence and gore, and suggestive sexual themes not suitable for that demographic.

I don't know, probably will focus on another person for body language analysis for now. This person gives me strange vibes. What do you guys think in terms of body language? Am I a bit off or am I close to being right? Any inputs @Carl-Richard, @Roy, @Leo Gura, @itsadistraction, @Yimpa

Also, I'm sorry, but 20:53 to 21:36, dying 4 times to that quick time button pressing...first time ever, as I've seen many other playthroughs they survive that quick time, I'm calling BS. Also few minutes afterwards IMO that reactions was suspicious, like you just witnessed Ellie(and you the player) kill in self defense a pregnant lady, and you give that type of reaction? That's super weird AF.

One last analysis of this person in this video:

As I've spent even more time observing her, my previous body language analysis of her still stands, her tonality and facials for the videos are like Markiplier: language communication for a younger audience. One point of contention I highly disagree is with her psychological take of Abby's story between 1:15:00 to 1:18:00, that Abby is saving the kids to win his affection.

NO! That's wrong, based on developmental factors like SD stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types and traits, 9 stages of ego development, states of consciousness, life experiences and other lines of development, ideological beliefs indoctrinated from upbringing and environment, and self biases. Her psychological take of Abby's motivation is wrong because it mostly discounts the events that happened to her and simplifies her hero's journey as some fetch quest for some affection and validation for Owen, so a brief recap of the story, spoilers alert, in the lens of Shadow Work and Architypes by Carl Jung, done in this video here, video not by me:

IMO decent analysis, and if this person added some Shadow Work as an additional factor then we'd clearly see why Abby is actually, as a character in her hero's journey is a good character, trying to overcome some of her shadows created by other characters, and the story events.

This body language analysis is interesting, and I will evaluate it for biases:

Oh this one's very spicy to analyze the body language and tonality and word choices of two people getting fired up, plenty of non verbals for frustration and anger:

Damn, even the thumbnail is misleading and manipulative. Notice the picture of Patrick Bet Dave's fuller smile, showing more crow's feet around eyes and a wider smile showing more teeth, in comparison to Anthony Weiner's smile, less crow's feet, smaller smile, and much more thinner neck.

Nice short video of Destiny, I will also body language analyze his tonality, signs, and factor in the interview framing and other developmental factors:

https://youtu.be/Cb-DXaJpxvc

Edited by Danioover9000

IMO, this is a decent body language analysis of the parents here, and both entertaining how he points out the contradictions of the verbals to non-verbals incongruencies.

My input about their body languages and tonality, their in deep apathy, due to them being doctors, they are both depressed and still shocked in their systems, probably why they're odd in some of their answers to these questions. Also possible, is they are in deep apathy because the parents want to distance and disassociate from this situation, either because it's too much for them, but also because they murdered or had something to do with their daughter's disappearance so...

Also, probably being parents having to raise multiple children is very stressful for their case, and their daughter is most challenging? Which may be why they acted how they did in that resort?

Edited by Danioover9000

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

IMO, this is a decent body language analysis of the parents here, and both entertaining how he points out the contradictions of the verbals to non-verbals incongruencies.

My input about their body languages and tonality, their in deep apathy, due to them being doctors, they are both depressed and still shocked in their systems, probably why they're odd in some of their answers to these questions. Also possible, is they are in deep apathy because the parents want to distance and disassociate from this situation, either because it's too much for them, but also because they murdered or had something to do with their daughter's disappearance so...

Also, probably being parents having to raise multiple children is very stressful for their case, and their daughter is most challenging? Which may be why they acted how they did in that resort?

This was observer guy's suggestion to check out, the statement analyst, interesting:

Literally like Leo had said: "Language creates reality".

Edited by Danioover9000

This is finally time now, for me to analyze the body language, tonality, verbals and non-verbals, of Destiny and how he addresses Lav's allegations and 'exposes' Mr. Girl(Very tempted to point out how loaded and misleading the title of the video, tempted to statement analyze just that). I also am considering to discourse analyze and even statement analyze this entire video, and maybe bring up other videos that involved Mr. Girl and Destiny and others for discourse analysis. It's been a while now, as I've found myself floundering from video to video and now I'm feeling like I'm going to commit to this one video first, and see if other videos are needed for more context:

after 10 minutes in, already a bit triggered after seeing his body language and tonality, now considering more statement analysis given this statement he made here at 7:43 to 7:47(Although prior statements made and how he intros this video is very interesting and already some signs of narrative control and story telling as opposed to truthful recalling and accounting of in memory): "I'm gonna be a little more candid(Signifies with right hand emphasizing candid) with my impressions now(this part of statement he furrows his eyebrows at the word 'impressions', maybe micro expression of frustration or anger or focus non verbally to this word). The main problem with stating that 'I'm going to be a little more CANDID with my impressions now' implies and jeopardizes the hundreds of other statements before this one, as if Destiny was less truthful, less frank, less straightforward, less honest, when he made those prior statements. IMO this is a classic sign of lying and deception: the liar tells the viewer and listener that he's going to be more honest/truthful/candid now, hoping that you believe him more right now. 

First time seeing this observe guy getting triggered:

Based on developmental factors like SD stages of development, cognitive and moral development, personality types/traits, 9 stages of ego development and shadow parts of the ego, states of consciousness, life experiences, other lines of development across life to societal domains, ideological indoctrination from upbringing and culture, self biases and preferences, without doing much research into the background of Nikkiphillippi, they're definitely lower in development, understanding and empathy in this situation very low if not fake, definitely felt heavily rehearsed for persuasion and manipulation of the viewers, especially more from this woman than the guy, guy felt like a BETA MALE SIMP! She definitely felt more like a psychopath, a sociopath or even higher degree of Narcissism as she showed multiple signs of contempt for Bowser, the dog he put down, likely that she's the dominant one psychologically in the relationship, intuitively felt that she was deciding for him.

From this, I get the sense that for Observer guy, he's an animal lover, therefore he's more stage green than stage orange in values, more into animal welfare, animal rights, I wouldn't be surprised if he's Vegan and a humanitarian or environmentalist as is his Girlfriend or wife is more. Definitely felt him getting more triggered and frustrated/angry over their decision to put down Browser. HOWEVER! To briefly do devil's advocate, the decision to euthanize Browser, or any animal pet is a legal right depending on country or state, and what justifies euthanizing a dog or some other pet animal are the following:

The animal in question has killed a human being, or a child, or killed another pet animal. The additional point of if the animal harmed human beings multiple times but hasn't killed them, and children, and same with other pet animals is debatable.

The animal in question is very sick and has a terminal disease, causing them great suffering every day, and condition is still the same and worsens. Personally, as fucked up  as putting down your pet for having a severe terminal disease, that's much better than keeping them alive suffering more than you.

Obviously in context, these two streamers or social media influencers are very vile and have screwed up psychology that needs attention, especially for Dan here as I'm intuiting that this woman, just like Amber Heard, just like Megan, are narcissistic and manipulators taking advantage of a guy, in fact from his body language he actually shows very similar signs to women who were victims of human trafficking, but Dan is being mind fucked by this woman so severely that he had no backbone to say no to this woman's forcing him to euthanize Browser. These two perfectly exemplifies overconsuming social media and the brain rot the internet has done onto the younger generation.

OMG Destiny's take here is a bit cringe, just how he, whether or not he knows, is dehumanizing the moral compasses of what people naturally react instinctively to immoral situations is just WOW: