Jannes

What are Cardio Routines that work?

10 posts in this topic

What are Cardio Routines that people actually make a habit and maintain for years? I heard that many people can stick to an exercise bike at home well. 

I personally dont need it but I ask for people I know. I really like this solution for people who have big hunger. But it needs cardio routines that are enjoyable enough to do long term. I want to hear your experiences!

Edited by Jannes

I maintained a exercise routine my entire life since childhood.

The only way to make it work is to do something you enjoy and to do it because its fun and you literally want to go outside and do it all the time.

So what you choose to do needs not only a physical component but a mental one.

Sports, Gymnastics, Skateboarding, Slacklining, Indoor Solo Rock-climbing...

Anything you choose needs a gamification component to it where you see progress and improvement and that has a high skill ceiling. 

graphone-1.png

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Kettlebell training. You can combine cardio, power and strength. It offers a lot of room for  variability and can be fun.  

Any that don't lead to loss of muscle mass and help you increase V02 max will do. 

Also, quite important, they should be able to enjoy it.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Circuit training routines are perfect for me a few times a week. I generally mix cardio with mobility calisthenics, that way I am exercising my heart and training my muscles to function more holistically. 

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

Set of submaximal (>3-6RIR) full-ROM (for you) pull-ups

Set of submaximal full-ROM dips

Set of submaximal hanging leg raises

Set of submaximal 45 degree back extensions

(Optional) calf exercise (slow tempo, stretch, feel burn) to pre-fatigue calves for stair climber

Stair climber for 5-15 minutes, checking and logging heart rate with the machine

Repeat 1-4x

Keep HR well above 130 bpm for at least 15 minutes at least 3x/wk

Edited by The0Self

On 20/06/2023 at 3:21 PM, Jannes said:

What are Cardio Routines that people actually make a habit and maintain for years? I heard that many people can stick to an exercise bike at home well. 

I personally dont need it but I ask for people I know. I really like this solution for people who have big hunger. But it needs cardio routines that are enjoyable enough to do long term. I want to hear your experiences!

I find that doing long 5-10mi road runs in the very early morning works for me. 

The important thing is that you pick a certain amount of miles to run a week and slowly increase it over time. 

You really need to find what you like. Running is often a chore for me. But I could walk and walk for hours. So I do that everyday. 

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

23 minutes ago, Arthogaan said:

You really need to find what you like. Running is often a chore for me. But I could walk and walk for hours. So I do that everyday. 

Ditto :D

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

If there is no skill involved i cant be bothered to do it.

Even taking out the garbage I set a challenge to do it as fast as possible, sprinting and jumping over railings. ? Got to get that CHALLENGE

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?