Principium Nexus

God Created The Ego To Forget?

14 posts in this topic

If you were at the ultimate godhead experience, knowing that you are all and everything, than that would be quite lonely.

So it would be logical for god to forget who it is, create seperation to be loved by "things" outside himself. The delusion is there with a purpose, it is not evil!

Nothing is evil, nothing is good. Love gets extra meaning when you are not one and the same. Love is what people call the ultimate glue that holds people together, so in a sense we need delusion to feel love for each other? Since the one / non-duality doesn't contain any concepts or dualities there is nothing to be loved or feared. Think about it. :D

3 minutes ago, Principium Nexus said:

The delusion is there with a purpose, it is not evil!

Yes :)

Not so sure about that, I mean, there is 99% of the human race that is suffering big time because of this little joke.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin God and his silly jokes...

Without suffering there is no gain ;)

Edited by Principium Nexus

43 minutes ago, Principium Nexus said:

Since the one / non-duality doesn't contain any concepts or dualities there is nothing to be loved or feared. Think about it.

To add to this, I think non-duality is a state to be visited and wouldn't be something to live in. Having ego allows us to love, care and help, so enlightenment in the long term is not about living in non-duality, that wouldn't make sense then. All enlightened figures would have an ego, but their mindset instead of being narrow is extremely wide and forgiving. Anybody wants to add to this?

Edited by Principium Nexus

@Principium Nexus The Ego is the very thing preventing true love. It's love is born out of fear and lack. Since the Ego is an illusion and not real, why would we want to live in it permanently? This would mean we live a permanent lie. Once the myth is truly seen as a myth, living in it is no longer desirable. Yes, the delusion was there for a purpose: To realize the delusion and return to truth. Staying in a lie is neither good nor bad, just ignorant

Edited by Echoes

@Echoes Exactly the same we like to play an act like kids. We are not really super hero's, or any figures we play, but still we like to imagine and dream that we are those even despite your not.

@Principium Nexus Nothing wrong with this if we control our roles and don't let them control us. Still, every role is a limitation and distortion of the present moment.

On 3/18/2017 at 3:02 PM, Principium Nexus said:

If you were at the ultimate godhead experience, knowing that you are all and everything, than that would be quite lonely.

So it would be logical for god to forget who it is, create seperation to be loved by "things" outside himself. The delusion is there with a purpose, it is not evil!

In Kabbalah there is a concept of the ten worlds (perhaps the 10 dimensions? watch the videos on the insight section) and each one being hidden by a curtain that blocks the light from entering where you are. I'm not so familiar with this concept so don't take my word for it but I believe these curtains could be representations of the ego blocking out the light or love of god which resides on the higher dimensions (infinity). Its like a game of hide and seek they say. Perhaps that is the purpose? Well it's an interesting idea.  

I see that connection from various spiritual sources. The ego makes you forget, the more you reveal and shed layers of your ego, the more of God you can encounter. Maybe it's all a game

Edited by 100rockets

@Principium Nexus I like to think of it like this: how could you have Absolute Infinity without egos? If you're gonna have a hard drive, you're gonna make some virtual partitions on it. That is the practical side of a hard drive. Otherwise it's just there being empty. And if it's empty, it's not being Absolutely Infinite. It's limited.

To be truly unlimited, one has to include all limits. Which is why infinity must be paradoxical. It goes full-circle.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Infinite intelligence was bored so it expanded and separated itself from oneness with a wiped memory to see how it will grow and learn without access to its infinite knowing. Little did it know infinite intelligence found its way to that infinity again and now observes itself through itself subjectively yet continuously growing and expanding collectively.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E