Tanz

Why do spiritual teachers dont talk about issues?

11 posts in this topic

I've been wondering lately why most teachers like Rupert Spira, Sadhguru, Adyashanti, etc do not talk about problems in society that keep people asleep.

Are they so enlightened that they see those problems as pointless to the enlightenment process or do they just choose to not talk about them because it's not a part of the world they wish to be in?

If their goal is to enlighten people why not have a goal to challenge and transform society so they can make a larger impact?

During the vietnam war there were activist monks that spoke against it but these days not many teachers address such things

Don't be so quick to assume they don't. Maybe you haven't watched enough of their content. Also the goal of an Enlightened Person isn't to Enlighten Anyone because there isn't anyone to wake up once you wake up LOL. 

Their goal is to learn to enjoy life to the fullest and if they happen to come across an aspect of them that is open to awakening they help. If an Enlightened person ever chooses to make it a goal of theirs to enlighten others, they will have an adversarial relationship with those who resist the process. 

Any goal, any identity, immediately creates its opposite. So thus they have to just practice being open/no bias. 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

15 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Their goal is to learn to enjoy life to the fullest and if they happen to come across an aspect of them that is open to awakening they help.

That's the conundrum that I am struggling with because that logic applies to allowing people to be corrupt, murderous, and exploitative.  The twisted part of awakening is you see everything that happens just happens and you accept that but isn't that sociopathic?  How is that any different than a warlord or a hardcore libertarian that chooses to overlook the corruption and just says well, its either them or us.  

20 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Don't be so quick to assume they don't. Maybe you haven't watched enough of their content.

I've listened to hundreds of hours of those names I mentioned and to be fair someone like Sadhguru has said that humans are cruel creatures and he used the word WE, then shortly addressed being less cruel.  There is certainly a level of pandering to the masses to hopefully bring them in rather than being harsh and truthful.

@Tanz what? sadghuru talks about problems in society all the time! 

He even traveled to many countrys and gave many Interviews, creating awareness for problems in agriculture.  

6 minutes ago, OBEler said:

He even traveled to many countrys and gave many Interviews, creating awareness for problems in agriculture.  

Yes, I've heard him talk about that on many occasions such as planting trees and making sure we have healthy soil.  Issues are certainly important but not exactly controversial because id like to think most people agree with those ideas.  

There have been occasions where he talked about taking medicine and experimenting on animals and he got some pushback when someone accused him of being an anti-vaxxer even though he didn't even talk about not taking vaccinations.  So I'm sure he has some awareness not to stir up controversy because it distracts from bigger goals he has.  

I think the thing is they want you to come to the state of awareness first, and then look at the problems of the world from that state, if you will. Because otherwise all you will do is add more problems to the problems, instead of being able to find smart solutions. 

Edited by Vibroverse

opinion is the only sin, forming one and voicing one shows how low conscious one is, all politicians and all wars are equally good

Idk maybe cos if any of them went truly mainstream everyone would think they're bat shit crazy & demonize them 

Go into a public space and try to use Non-Duality as an explanation and look how far you will get lmao 

You just have to be realistic where culture is at, and take it one step at a time 

Their work is 'Spiritual Teachers' not Activists, or politicians etc

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

19 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Their work is 'Spiritual Teachers' not Activists, or politicians etc

I understand that but at the same time there are certain limitations for many people to look within if they are living in poverty or if the society they are living in is ruled by fear which are big problems in most countries including a country like America where the news is laced with fear.  

The system of money and value has also corrupted people from working on themselves.  

You can be your own spiritual teacher and discover the issues and their solutions directly. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI