Hardkill

Support for Ukraine is declining in the US

99 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, D2sage said:

They don't make "profits" like a typical business would.

But it can certainly simulate economic growth.

For example, access to Ukrainians' rich mineral deposits and their significant rich fertile soil.

6 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

@D2sage

Seems legit, it's part of the geopolitical power play. 

So what are you trying to say? That US started (provoked) the war because US wants the minerals and fertile soil in Ukraine?

Edited by Blackhawk

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

So what are you trying to say? That US started (provoked) the war because US wants the minerals and fertile soil in Ukraine?

Well, without wanting to agree with the aggressor, it is very stupid and reckless not to give due respect to russia. Russia is what it is, you can like it or not, but if you press and it doesn't respond, what would Russia be? something she doesn't want to be, it seems.

@Blackhawk

Who are you asking, me or @D2sage?

If that question is to me, that's not what I'm asserting that the USA started provoking the war between Ukraine and Russia because the USA, specifically the military complex, corporate businesses and government wants the access to more minerals and fertile soil in Ukraine. What I'm affirming with @D2sage is his point on the geopolitical part as another factor for Russia's interest, not the USA's. There's also birthrate decreases within native Russians, so in Putin's mind and the Russian military, a war of attrition is not viable because over time Ukraine is growing stronger in manpower whilst Russia's human resources are weakening overtime in land warfare terms, so to him there's that factor that may have pressured him into escalating from border wars to invading Ukraine and trying to take Ukraine early while he's army is still relatively strong.

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Well, without wanting to agree with the aggressor, it is very stupid and reckless not to give due respect to russia. Russia is what it is, you can like it or not, but if you press and it doesn't respond, what would Russia be? something she doesn't want to be, it seems.

In Finland we have a saying: "the russian takes everything which is loose."

Crimea was obviously loose, so Russia took it. The west didn't care.

So the russian continued, it thought that entire Ukraine is loose, so it tried to steal it. Russia was wrong this time.

Russia doesn't see Nato as a threat in the sense that Nato will take Russia. Russia only sees Nato as glue which makes things impossible to steal.

If a thief tells you: "don't put glue on that thing, because then I can't steal it.",   would you obey the thief?  No, you would put even more glue on it and tell the thief to go fuck himself.

But maybe you aren't like that. In that case: can you please leave your door unlocked so I can steal all your things. Thank you for your cooperation so I can steal all your things.

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

"the russian takes everything which is loose."

Haha

Even your girlfriend :D

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Blackhawk

11 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

So the russian continued, it thought that entire Ukraine is loose, so it tried to steal it. Russia was wrong this time.

Russia doesn't see Nato as a threat in the sense that Nato will take Russia. Russia only sees Nato as glue which makes things impossible to steal.

If a thief tells you: "don't put glue on that thing, because then I can't steal it.",   would you obey the thief?  No, you would put even more glue on it and tell the thief to go fuck himself.

But maybe you aren't like that. In that case: can you please leave your door unlocked so I can steal all your things. Thank you for your cooperation so I can steal all your things.

Oh, you're from Finland? That explains a lot, no wonder you were more biased when talking of the Ukraine/Russia conflict.

1 minute ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Blackhawk

Oh, you're from Finland? That explains a lot, no wonder you were more biased when talking of the Ukraine/Russia conflict.

My blood is Finnish but I live in Sweden.

And your bias is that you live far away from Russia. So you don't have to care that much about Russia. Which obviously leads to less seriousness and knowledge about it.

36 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I am not saying that Russia has the right to invade, I am saying that the history of the 20th century is what it is, and the 3rd world war was close. things relaxed naturally, little by little. So you go and push. as soon as you see that the historical enemy is weak, you come to touch his balls where 3 days ago he was the king. Well, it seems that it is a need that you have, to press and touch the balls. so that everyone can see that what was a power 20 years ago is now nothing, that it can be surrounded and threatened, that it no longer bites. very intelligent, a prodigy of intelligence. biden came to power and two days later he was already saying that putin is a murderer, that ukraine, whose president had in his electoral program to recover crimea, and where it's a civil war with the Russian involved, and with historical relationship with Russia, was going to be a member of nato. always looking for fight and tension as a political and electoral tool. always trying to crush and humiliate. Well, the play didn't go very well.  

But it doesn't matter, what will remain as a piece of land without a building is Ukraine, not the United States, and no American will die there. Good thing the Ukrainians have their heroic actor, who will lead them to total war to defend their pride. In my opinion, is a disaster and USA showed again that is unstable, stupid, incompetent, dangerous, in international politics

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall This is about Ukraine. About what Ukrainians want. About Ukrainian soverignty. Not your (a outsider's) opinion or something.

Ukraine and Ukrainians wants to go west, to Nato, to EU, to democracy, to independence. To freedom and high standard of living. Like any intelligent person would want.

You think that anything is always better than war. But you are wrong.

Edited by Blackhawk

9 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

@Breakingthewall This is about Ukraine. About what Ukrainians want. About Ukrainian soverignty. Not your (a outsider's) opinion or something.

Ukraine and Ukrainians wants to go west, to Nato, to EU, to democracy, to independence. To freedom and high standard of living. Like any intelligent person would want.

You think that anything is always better than war. But you are wrong.

they were already in the west, they already had freedom, they could do whatever they wanted. But why the NATO? the soviet union no longer exists. a war to escape the shit from the soviet union, ok, but this doesn't make the slightest bit of sense

@Blackhawk

My blood is Finnish but I live in Sweden.

And your bias is that you live far away from Russia. So you don't have to care that much about Russia. Which obviously leads to less seriousness and knowledge about it.

What if I'm not far away, but in Russia? Would that negate your assumptions of my perceived bias of an outsider and care?

How does being outside of a thing obviously causes less seriousness and knowledge?

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

they were already in the west, they already had freedom, they could do whatever they wanted. But why the NATO? the soviet union no longer exists. a war to escape the shit from the soviet union, ok, but this doesn't make the slightest bit of sense

Not really. And at least now it's obvious why they should have joined Nato earlier. And why they need to join it as fast as possible. Russia attacked them because they weren't in Nato.

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Not really. And at least now it's obvious why they should have joined Nato earlier. And why they need to join it as fast as possible. Russia attacked them because they weren't in Nato.

Russia did not attack them to steal, they attacked to maintain their position of power, so as not to huddle in a corner crying. I do not justify Russia, communism seems to me a disgrace and I understand that all the satellite countries want to be as far away from Russia as possible, but reality is what it is. expanding nato to his home is aggression. Maybe you don't think so, but Russia does, that's the question, and america knew that.

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Haha

That's literally the only thing they're giving in abundance and in prime quality(;

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Haha

I don't get it.

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Russia did not attack them to steal, they attacked to maintain their position of power, so as not to huddle in a corner crying. I do not justify Russia, communism seems to me a disgrace and I understand that all the satellite countries want to be as far away from Russia as possible, but reality is what it is. expanding nato to his home is aggression. Maybe you don't think so, but Russia does, that's the question, and america knew that.

You are wrong.

1 hour ago, Nabd said:

The whole Ukraine war is a bait for putin and as stupid as he is, he took it.

The US had planned this all the way, and now Putin, thinking he is so patriotic, is the reason why the Russian federation will be dismantled.

Russia couldn't even take on SDF in Syria, let alone fight NATO backed country.

Even countries that historically had sympathetic populations toward Russia are now outright anti Russia.

Yes, maybe you are right, but let's see how the play turns out in the end. Russia will remain as the world military power. no one else dares to send their soldiers to the real war. maybe china, but ustates? impossible. a few dead perhaps, a hundred thousand, never. Russia will also appear as a solid partner, which credibility. china, india and others are getting closer and closer. America appears as fickle, unstable, crazy, manipulative and treacherous. Being an ally of the USA is very risky and uncertain. We'll see how Ukraine finish. Russia only has to do one thing: stand firm, not give in. He has human resources and mentality for that. and the endorsement of atomic destruction, completely believable once you send 200 thousand young people to their deaths. suddenly the balance of forces can change completely. the weak and comfortable westerners, rich and decadent, who chain one crazy president after another, and the solid and emerging easterners, the coming force. not very beautiful, the truth, but it is what it is. 

Well, I'm just gonna be quiet now. I can't even be arsed anymore.

@Blackhawk

14 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Well, I'm just gonna be quiet now. I can't even be arsed anymore.

I agree, just be and listen closely.

3 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

@Blackhawk

I agree, just be and listen closely.

No, but you should listen to me. I know for sure that I'm right.

9 minutes ago, Nabd said:

The US exert unimaginable influence on the world and every move is calculated

True, but then things do not turn out according to the calculations. Putin knew perfectly well that he was being pushed and decided to invade. Is he stupid, or did he do his calculations and thought he would benefit? It doesn't seem like it's stupid. Now his army is the best trained in the world, he just has to win. eu is much stronger, yes, but killing Saddam was not easy. and you can't launch operation desert storm in russia as they respond with 1000 nukes. you have to walk in with rifles. I hope you're right and it turns out well to USA, because although it has its flaws, it's another dimension. the others are darkness, a step back.