davecraw

Are You Experiencing My Experience? An Exploration of Solipsism

36 posts in this topic

In the solitude of my room, I find myself looking at two pencils resting on my desk, a lone quarter, and a mattress on the floor next to me. Scribbled on a note is a secret, a four-digit code known by me.

From my perspective, if you were truly experiencing my experience like me, you'd know this code. In fact you'd have access to it when you respond. After all, my reality would be your reality, and my knowledge would be your knowledge. So, can you tell me my secret code?

If you don't and yet you insist that there are no other beings or experiences then you have some explaning to do! How do you reconcile that contradiction? Are you simply being deceptive, or do you have a more nuanced explanation?

Are you going to deny my existence? Or blow my mind? 

Let's delve deeper into this exploration, not as a debate, but as a chance to truly push the boundaries of our understanding of consciousness and our interconnectedness within this universe. Your perspective is extremely valuble!

3 minutes ago, OBEler said:

@davecraw if you dream it up then yes. 

It's your dream 

If that's true then why didn't you reveal my code? 

Edited by davecraw

@davecraw I have no idea of Solipsism (as in direct experience) but I'd still like to point out what I think you might be getting wrong (according to what I understand Solipsism means).

The way the word Solipsism has often been used here (in my understanding) is as follows: when you are experiencing your life as "davecraw" then davecraw's bubble of perception (or pov) is all there is.

Everybody else is a figment of your consciousness.

It's like God creating all of your experience out of "dream stuff" (i.e. consciousness) while simultaneously being unaware that it is creating it. When you then awake you become aware of how you're creating reality as God, but in this moment your identity is not "davecraw" anymore, it's everything which you are perceiving.

According to this model of reality I'm just a dream character without my own pov, I'm simply however you dream me up to be (you as in God, not the illusory davecraw).

I personally don't believe that this is how reality works, but consider that I also don't know how it actually works, I merely have some kind of intellectual understanding of different models of reality.

Now I don't know why you'd think that I should be able to tell you your 4 digit code within this model of reality called Solipsism, if anything that would be true for what is typically called "oneness", where reality is just one big thing that includes you and others, at least as illusions.

Within this "oneness" model you'll typically hear things like "I am you" "We are all one" and so on.

Though it's important to understand that this does not literally mean "Federico = davecraw" in the finite, relative sense.

It means something more like this. Any separation between you and me is an imagined limitation. This imagined limitation exists because God dreams it up. One does not simply overcome this limitation by trying very hard to see your 4 digit code in my mind (as Federico) because that's what "Federico" means. "Federico" is just a dude bro, he's not some psychic with paranormal powers unless God imagines him to be this way. Federico could awaken to God though and become God. But if he does that he's not going to be Federico anymore (in the typical exclusive sense) because the imagined boundaries of Federico will have dissolved and then consciousness becomes aware of what consciousness is, which is everything, which is God.

But God is then not going to sit there and be like "oh shit...but now I really have to proof to davecraw that I know his 4 digit code - through Federico"...no! God doesn't care about such petty human ego nonsense in its fully awake state, only as an ego unaware of God it would want to do that.

Also: God already knows your 4 digit code - as you! Do you know your code? If so, God knows your code.

It's more like you are a water molecule in the ocean and I'm a water molecule in the ocean. So we can experience ourselves as that molecule or as the entire ocean, but when we are the entire ocean we're not gonna be concerned about the state of a single molecule.

But then please also consider that people actually have experienced very extraordinary things in very expanded states of consciousness where they were indeed not limited by the ordinary limits of time and space. Like someone is on a couch in one city having a high dosed lsd trip, but within this lsd experience travels to a completely different location thousands of miles away, where he can derive extremely specific information about that other place even though he's never physically been there. Or 2 people tripped at the same time and were able to read each other's thoughts and could later confirm to each other what they were thinking during the trip.

So crazy "paranormal" things do happen within consciousness too.

I hope this does help somewhat.

50 minutes ago, davecraw said:

Because you did not dream him up to do so. Just like when you're 5 ft 9 tall you're dreaming yourself up to not be 6 ft tall (as God, not as an ego).

1 hour ago, Hojo said:

That wasn't it!

1 hour ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Because you did not dream him up to do so. Just like when you're 5 ft 9 tall you're dreaming yourself up to not be 6 ft tall (as God, not as an ego).

I think the essence of my question is about whether you are interacting with someone that has a different expeience than you. AND more importantly if you experience that being's experience in your past or future. I think it's more accurate to state that he did not reveal the code. But why? Because he isn't me and never writes down the code I did? Because he's deceptive? Because he is me and will write the code in his future as me? Because he is me and wrote the code in his past as me but now can't rememeber? Or perhaps something else? Those are very different situations right?

Edited by davecraw

2 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

No

What do you mean?

3 hours ago, davecraw said:

Not knowing may appear as stupid, but it is in fact absolutely intelligent from God’s perspective.

Your philosophy is flawed to the nth degree, and I would suggest seriously questioning your entire worldview.

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

36 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Not knowing may appear as stupid, but it is in fact absolutely intelligent from God’s perspective.

Your philosophy is flawed to the nth degree, and I would suggest seriously questioning your entire worldview.

I dont think it's stupid but it is an indication that he doesn't know the code. Can you please point out what you find completely wrong about my worldview? I'm kind of taken aback honestly and value your response.

@davecraw The code is Absolute Love. 

Call me crazy, but I’m understanding at ever deeper levels that I’m imagining everything. 

There’s no need to rationalize everything. In fact, there’s states of consciousness higher than human consciousness.

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

@davecraw The code is Absolute Love. 

Call me crazy, but I’m understanding at ever deeper levels that I’m imagining everything. 

There’s no need to rationalize everything. In fact, there’s states of consciousness higher than human consciousness.

Can you expand on that? What exactly do you mean by imagining everything? In what way do you regard imagining everything as being different than not imagining everything?

11 minutes ago, davecraw said:

What exactly do you mean by imagining everything?

Every thought, feeling, image, memory, perception, emotion, concept…. EVERYTHING is imagined by mind. 

Mind is not located in time or space!

11 minutes ago, davecraw said:

In what way do you regard imagining everything as being different than not imagining everything?

Those two statements are identical when you’re conscious af.

Raise your consciousness by whatever means you intuit will suite you. Trust yourself.

In your nightly dream you can do the exact same experiment, and the characters in your dream can refuse to tell you the correct code even though they are dreamed up by you, because that is how the illusions is sustained.

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

@davecraw because you dream that I cannot read the Code. It's your dream and you have not control over it

7 hours ago, davecraw said:

So, can you tell me my secret code?

Of course I can. Through you. You looking at the code right now is me looking at it.

If you are fixated on the code needing to be a particular way, then you are NOT AWAKE.

When you see yourself in EVERYTHING, you have successfully jailbroken your mind; the code is revealed to always be YOU.

13 hours ago, davecraw said:

I dont think it's stupid but it is an indication that he doesn't know the code. Can you please point out what you find completely wrong about my worldview? I'm kind of taken aback honestly and value your response.

Notice how I didn’t explicitly say it was completely wrong. That’s your interpretation. My communication was harsh in tone as to challenge you to step outside of your limited paradigm.

Upon further contemplation, I realize that your example with the code is ingenious. I’ll admit that I was trying to logically figure out your code, hence that adds another facet as to why my communication was harsh. Thank you for challenging even my limited beliefs.

Let’s keep exploring!

19 hours ago, davecraw said:

In the solitude of my room, I find myself looking at two pencils resting on my desk, a lone quarter, and a mattress on the floor next to me. Scribbled on a note is a secret, a four-digit code known by me.

From my perspective, if you were truly experiencing my experience like me, you'd know this code. In fact you'd have access to it when you respond. After all, my reality would be your reality, and my knowledge would be your knowledge. So, can you tell me my secret code?

If you don't and yet you insist that there are no other beings or experiences then you have some explaning to do! How do you reconcile that contradiction? Are you simply being deceptive, or do you have a more nuanced explanation?

Are you going to deny my existence? Or blow my mind? 

Let's delve deeper into this exploration, not as a debate, but as a chance to truly push the boundaries of our understanding of consciousness and our interconnectedness within this universe. Your perspective is extremely valuble!

This is utter bullshit. You have no clue how awakening works and are playing silly games. 

1. To awaken you have to access insanity. You really think your silly little example proves anything? It proves nothing!

2. Your dream is held together by your entire storyline you are not going to disprove Solipsism with your example.

3. Your entire life you go to sleep alone and wake up alone. You have never experienced anything outside yourself ever. Your human self is just as imaginary as everybody else and God which is you is not going to allow you to break this dream so simply. If it was this easy to break you would have done so already. 

4. The truth is simple, you foolishly close your eyes and say now I am in my head, even though that black screen that appears is LARGER THAN YOUR HEAD AND YOUR EYES!! When you open your eyes you said I am in reality. So notice you make a distinction between opening your eyes or closing them on whether you are in your head. Using that example I guess a blind person is ALWAYS in their head.

5. The truth is you are ALWAYS in your mind, because YOU ARE MIND. So whether you close your eyes, or open your eyes you are ALWAYS MIND. That screen you are viewing things on, whether black or full of imagery is YOUR MIND. YOU ARE SCREEN, THAT IS A MIND, THAT IS AWARE OF ITSELF. 

You are not a human, you never were. YOU ARE THE ENTIRE SCREEN!! Notice when you sleep at night what appears on that screen is a dream and when that dream ends...everything in that dream disappears BUT YOU REMAIN. This is proof that whatever you perceive on the screen is not really you, but things you imagine. You are JUST THE SCREEN!! That's it!!! So notice....there are no others, there is no individual you, there is only the screen!!!

That's it!!! It's simple!!! All these games you play are meaningless. You are a screen that is in a transparent void, and when you want to live a life you dream it up. You can't die because YOU WERE NEVER ALIVE!!! Death and life doesn't exist!!! There is just a screen dreaming things. That screen is a mind. THE END.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.