Yimpa

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Out Now!

124 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Juan said:

BOTW sold 35 million up to this day, will see if it breaks that record

It will definitely outsell that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura While we are on the topic of video games. I'm curious to know if you played Elden Ring and if so what is your overall opinion on it ?

15 hours ago, Siddartha said:

@Leo Gura While we are on the topic of video games. I'm curious to know if you played Elden Ring and if so what is your overall opinion on it ?

I have. I found it less enjoyable than Dark Souls 3. The content was too spread out and it felt more like a grind to me so I couldn't finish it. It's a good game but Dark Souls 3 was the peak of this franchise.

The problem with these giant open-world games is that they are too empty. They don't have enough content to properly populate the world. Zelda suffers from the same problem. They made it too big. Zelda would be better if they shrank the world size down by 25-50%.

Edited by Leo Gura

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The problem with these giant open-world games is that they are too empty. They don't have enough content to properly populate the world. Zelda suffers from the same problem. They made it too big. Zelda would be better if they shrank the world size down by 25-50%.

It is like nobody knows how to make an open-world game. They focus more on size while neglecting content, world design, and side quests, maybe Ubisoft taught everyone how to design such games xD

The only open-world game that I enjoyed was sleeping dogs, God that game was good. Mafia 2 was cool, but too much driving around, lol.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

@Leo Gura I really liked Dark Souls 3 as well. Especially the DLC was really good. If only they could’ve pulled off a slightly more interconnected world like they did in Dark Souls 1… then I’d like it even more.

The reason why Dark Souls 1 is still my favourite of the franchise is because the world is so interconnected… it feels like I’m actually there. Legendary world-building (at least for the first 2 thirds of the game).

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I’m not gonna keep defending Zelda cuz I don’t want to sound like fanboy, maybe a fanman ;), but, idk do you want to have a person dialogue every 3 steps you make? This is the first time I see a critic like this from the game because, most people who had played the recent Zeldas, played over 50-100+ hours and they keep finding new stuff.  Sure in term of space it is big but, you would need space for breath between combats and side-quests, this is also how real life works, not everything is 3 steps ahead. 

No More Heroes 3, Pokemon Scarlet/Violet and Forspoken seems better examples of what you’re describing imo.

But hey maybe I have to play it next year for the next Nintendo console, I’ve been playing Zelda since Ocarina till Skyward Sword so maybe I’m missing something on the new ones. 

Edited by Juan

12 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

It is like nobody knows how to make an open-world game. They focus more on size while neglecting content, world design, and side quests

It's mostly a budget/workload problem. You do not have enough budget to densely poplulate a large open world.

For me the perfect open world was Morrowind. That is the example to study and copy.

11 hours ago, Adam M said:

@Leo Gura I really liked Dark Souls 3 as well. Especially the DLC was really good. If only they could’ve pulled off a slightly more interconnected world like they did in Dark Souls 1… then I’d like it even more.

The reason why Dark Souls 1 is still my favourite of the franchise is because the world is so interconnected… it feels like I’m actually there. Legendary world-building (at least for the first 2 thirds of the game).

Meh... the interconnectedness has never been an important feature for my enjoyment of the game. I def prefer Dark Souls 2 & 3. 2 is so underrated. I love it.

10 hours ago, Juan said:

I’m not gonna keep defending Zelda cuz I don’t want to sound like fanboy, maybe a fanman ;), but, idk do you want to have a person dialogue every 3 steps you make?

I actually hate the NPC dailogue sections in Zelda. They are so slow and pointless.

A dense open world is not about dialogue. Zelda would benefit most from more and deeper combat.

This is the first time I see a critic like this from the game because, most people who had played the recent Zeldas, played over 50-100+ hours and they keep finding new stuff.

Of course you can keep finding new things, but it gets thin, samey, and grindy. I don't like having to run around a lot to find a new piece of content. My thumbs are literally sore from running around Zelda looking for new content.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Glad to see the love for Dark Souls 2, I think it's also much better than the original and the fan backlash was utterly asinine at the time of its release. Fully agree that the interconnectivity of the world has never been the best aspect of the series, hence why Dark Souls 3 feels the tightest & most polished of them all. The more focused approach to that game allowed for interesting and varied content to be found in every corner of the game, I never got bored through any of my playthroughs + it had the most fully fleshed out combat which was a blast to experiment with, not to mention all of the wonderfully designed boss battles. Just a phenomenal game through and through, I enjoyed elden ring a lot but I definitely prefer the hand crafted, dense approach to the level design found in the other games but unfortunately I think from software won't go back to that after the massive success of ER.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Spiritual lesson from TOTK ?‍?

IMG_1215.jpeg

IMG_1216.jpeg

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

39 minutes ago, Juan said:

do you plan to review the game? 

IMG_1217.jpeg

10 tears out of 10 ?

I have started to develop my own game.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is wonderful.

Probably to early to ask, but any possible timeline?

Edited by Arthogaan

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Indie on your own? or with a team?

@LSD-Rumi Little do you know that we are the players ;)

1 hour ago, Arthogaan said:

That is wonderful.

Probably to early to ask, but any possible timeline?

3-5 years

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Indie on your own? or with a team?

Indie with a few employees.

@Leo Gura Do a blog post giving some details ✌️

Edited by CARDOZZO

?