Cocolove

Spontaneous Enlightenment in Rainforest this morning

19 posts in this topic

This morning I was in the middle of a tropical rainforest on a hike. 

Randomly I felt a very strong urge to get away from other people and listen to the birds. for a few minutes it felt like I was on mushrooms, the noises were strange and very beautiful. Then it hit me, I realized everything is completely perfect, felt a deep bliss, perhaps the best experience of my life without psychedelics, started thanking god and telling god i love you and then i felt that god felt it back. Went on crying tears of joy saying thank you and I love you to god for creating reality out of love.  then i realized i am god and we are thanking ourself. I am out of the state of consciousness now so it's really weird looking back, just like a trip. It lasted like 30-60 minutes, I just realized everything is perfect, completely okay, and there is nothing to ever worry about. God is it, God is you, God is me. God is every single you it and me. At the start I had my personal identity, then I felt god's love, then it just switched and my identity was god creating me. Having some ego backlash now, very strange it happened spontaneously, not even while meditating.

Nature is a powerful psychedelic.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Cocolove Beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Can you elaborate what your experience of the ego backlash is like? Since I've had some too and I am curious. 

@Leo Gura So true.

My first god realization happened spontaneously in nature as well.  

I had an almost identical experience after playing Life Is Strange. After beating the game, I went out and hugged a tree. I am not an affectionate person at all except with my girlfriend. I saw reality as perfect and no longer valued anything other that reality. God could have offered me superpowers and wealth and I would have declined. I could have died then and be okay with it because I knew it would be all part of the balance of life.

I wish I embodied that state more often. Though, my experience seems like it was identical to yours, I wouldn’t call it an awakening or enlightenment. Awakening is a deep understanding of reality and I doubt it has anything to do with having good feelings.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Update:

Today, I reconnected with bliss. I listened to nostalgic music and went outside to contemplate reality. So much gratitude bliss and curiosity for just being alive. But this isn’t enlightenment. Enlightenment isn’t a feeling. It is a deep profound realization into the nature of reality. It isn’t some Buddhist idea you parrot. It is a genuine original insight.

If you call feeling blissed and connected as enlightenment, then I have been enlightened since I was 4 years old.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Also, I was thanking god and telling it I love you for creating this experience and the illusion. Then I felt god say it back, thanks for doing it. And the gratitude and love started to merge until it flipped and I was thanking myself both directions. God doesn't make you forget, God forgets!!

@Leo Gura Yes Indeed, especially remote tropical rainforests.

@Theplay Was a travel day, renting a car and driving hours to get back to my university. So it was distracting and exhausting. At first I was happy to just sit in nature for hours and meditate. Then I started to get more anxious and feeling not at ease. By the time I was back I felt depressed, reality was shaken up and unstable and confusing, I felt strong urges to scroll through social media, whereas earlier I felt I never would want to again. Struggled to be motivated to do basic things, was grumpy to other people. 

Then I had insomnia from anxiety, to a degree I haven't had in a month or two. Woke up very very depressed. Going through my day has helped, but reality just feels so... unreal. Like after tripping.

A lot of things I attributed to psychedelics I've realized are just after-effects of spiritual experiences in general. The Ego backlash, the strong emotions and cravings, unease, my ego wanting things to feel normal and real again.

@r0ckyreed It's one thing to feel emotions that you would say "I felt like life is perfect" about. Yesterday I felt that way but only as a result of a deep realization that God makes no mistakes, every moment It (I) am creating is absolute perfection, and couldn't be otherwise. There are no problems, everything is completely ok, worrying that things won't be good is completely an illusion.

It's difficult to describe and I'm not in that state of consciousness now but I realized why everything is perfect. Or more like, I was able to see through the illusion that there is anything to worry about, of suffering and fear. 

Definitely had deeper awakenings on mushrooms though.

Another reason I think the insight was trans-conceptual @r0ckyreed is that I have no ability to understand it any more beyond concepts. It was a state of consciousness that is totally gone now.

2 hours ago, Cocolove said:

It's one thing to feel emotions that you would say "I felt like life is perfect" about. Yesterday I felt that way but only as a result of a deep realization that God makes no mistakes, every moment It (I) am creating is absolute perfection, and couldn't be otherwise. There are no problems, everything is completely ok, worrying that things won't be good is completely an illusion.

It's difficult to describe and I'm not in that state of consciousness now but I realized why everything is perfect. Or more like, I was able to see through the illusion that there is anything to worry about, of suffering and fear. 

Definitely had deeper awakenings on mushrooms though.

I definitely had similar insights that reality is perfect and that if I was intended to die today, I would be okay with that. Because life is complete balance/perfection. I also realized that there is no glitch to life either. All diseases and disorders are all the possibilities of Consciousness. It is Absolutely Beautiful. I have no idea what awakening/enlightenment would even look like. If it looks like what we are describing, then we are both enlightened. But that doesn’t sit well with me because I understand very little about reality. I imagine that awakening, I would have 100% certainty of how everything in reality works and can exist. Awakening is the answer to all philosophical questions. 

So THIS is what Terrence McKenna meant when he said that rivers and mountains should be our mentor.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

43 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

So THIS is what Terrence McKenna meant when he said that rivers and mountains should be our mentor.

Nature is my church. 

@r0ckyreed Yea i think this is a low-level trans-conceptual spiritual realization. Definitely not near the full thing.

30 minutes ago, Cocolove said:

@r0ckyreed Yea i think this is a low-level trans-conceptual spiritual realization. Definitely not near the full thing.

Which one is more God: a glass that’s empty or a glass that’s full

:S

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

Nice i should have gone to the rainforest too. Isn‘t the humidity killing you?

On 5/12/2023 at 11:35 PM, Leo Gura said:

Nature is a powerful psychedelic.

Are you being sincere and real, or being metaphorical and not too literal? Like, if I meditated in a forest or in a concrete jail cell, which would have a better effect on my ability to awaken?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

1 minute ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Are you being sincere and real, or being metaphorical and not too literal? Like, if I meditated in a forest or in a concrete jail cell, which would have a better effect on my ability to awaken?

Notice how you just imagined all of that.

Very cool!

“Within the garden of your mind, every thought is a seed that can bloom into a galaxy of wonders." -ChatGPT 4

On 5/18/2023 at 7:02 PM, PurpleTree said:

Nice i should have gone to the rainforest too. Isn‘t the humidity killing you?

You just have to jump in the creeks every 30 minutes haha.

On 5/19/2023 at 10:14 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Nature would be better. Our minds are built to apreciate the sounds of birds, the wind, etc. Think about how that affects mindfullness, ability to see love and beauty. But a jail cell may help you focus much better if you don't have much to do but meditate.

3 hours ago, Cocolove said:

Nature would be better. Our minds are built to apreciate the sounds of birds, the wind, etc. Think about how that affects mindfullness, ability to see love and beauty. But a jail cell may help you focus much better if you don't have much to do but meditate.

It’s one of the many reasons I love Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 

Just give all the jail peeps that game to play the rest of their lives!

@Husseinisdoingfine everything in nature is naturally meditative. A fire a creek flowing grass and trees. A waterfall you can stare at these forever and trance out

On 7/9/2023 at 3:38 AM, Yimpa said:

It’s one of the many reasons I love Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom 

Just give all the jail peeps that game to play the rest of their lives!

Nature is the best game.