StarStruck

How does consciousness develop in the womb

66 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Yup, welcome to actualized.org. :P

+1 ???

I’d also like to add that while everyone on here is parroting what Leo says, everyone in the world is parroting each other.

“Imaginary parody on a cosmic level” -Moksha, probably

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

56 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

And yet I'm loving it... it's all just love too. Infinite love ❤♾

11 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

@Yimpa 

I feel on this forum the insight of "everything is just imagination" is often just used either as a way to justify spiritual bypassing or as a way to say "I don't know the solution for your problem so I'll just tell you it's imaginary", probably often even by people who haven't even realised these things for themselves and are just parroting what Leo says in his videos.

The new fad on this forum is... everything is alien consciousness!

itneverwas.png

14 hours ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

If I ever meet a non-duality person or Guraite person in real life, I'll be so bored.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

15 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

I feel on this forum the insight of "everything is just imagination" is often just used either as a way to justify spiritual bypassing or as a way to say "I don't know the solution for your problem so I'll just tell you it's imaginary", probably often even by people who haven't even realised these things for themselves and are just parroting what Leo says in his videos.

Very True.

The concept "everything is just imagination" doesn't help one a bit if the suffering of the separate self still "grips" and is not transcended on a stable basis. And it grips/holds until Full Enlightenment, to varying degrees. 

And Karma, or cause & effect, or the consistence of this Bardo/Life, is very  very high in this life/bardo/incarnation, compared for example to a dream. If you "shoot yourself in the knee"-Karma-wise (or literally), it will be with you for the rest of ones life.... Not like in the dream, where the wound is gone when you wake up.

And if one goes fully from the relative side of the street to the absolute side of the street:

• When all is imagined, or better said a manifestation of the One Reality without a second (its not imagined by a separate/self ego, or one of the infinite perspectives in Indras Net, but by the Whole Reality/Nothingness),  there is no difference between "real" or "imagined". One doesn't need to classify it with the concept "imagined" vs. the concept "real/self-existing". It just is. Appearing in The One Reality without a second.
  • And it all follows certain patterns, or Karma, cause and effect, at least in this world/Lila.
  • So what is the point labeling it "imagined", if one is clearly still in the claws of Karma/suffing and separate self? Other than spiritual bypassing? What is the benefit? As long as one suffers, it appears as very real.... or who would suffer if "its only imagined".
    • And telling somebody who suffers "hey, its only imagined, believe me and you can stop suffering now".... yeah, works great, shows a lot of empathy and compassion, and helps the poor sould for sure a lot...

The Tibetans are in this business for 1000 years+. They have seen a lot of mis-use of jargon from Enlightened Ones misused by not-so-enlightened-ones. And the outcome of that have been for example statements like this: "Although my view is higher than the sky, my respect for the cause and effect of actions [or Karma] is as fine as grains of flour." - Padmasambhava

There is a lot of wisdom in that quote...

Water by the River

1 hour ago, Carl-Richard said:

If I ever meet a non-duality person or Guraite person in real life, I'll be so bored.

Oh man... just imagine having a real life friend who tells you every five f%@!ing minutes that YOU ARE DREEEAAAMIIIIING and that YOU ARE NOOOOOOT AWAAAAAKKKEEEEEE (unlike himself, of course).

All I could think about all day would be how to get rid of that guy and make it look like an accident. Lol

Why so serious?

16 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Someone with trauma ideally shouldn’t be looking for ways to process their trauma on here. That’s what a therapist is for.

Therapists are imaginary.

Thats irrelevant to his point - his point was - that if someone wants to give a prescription, then be as concrete as possible and avoid being so vague that your prescription either won't mean anything, or won't hold any utility to that person. The whole point of giving a prescription is to provide information and things to that person that is practical to them and to their problem/situation.

16 hours ago, Yimpa said:

This is how radical this is:

I see a therapist. Just because my therapist is imaginary doesn’t mean I don’t see her.

Trauma is also imaginary.

Whats the utility in using the word "imaginary" there?  

16 hours ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Yeah its about posturing how enlightened they are, without providing practical guidance or useful information. Its like the one kid in the class who learned something  new and now use that thought to reiterate it every time he is fronted with any question or problem, regardless of how useful or practical it is for that particular problem or situation.

Its almost like you are seeing Leo wannabees everywhere without his rational and practical side.

23 minutes ago, zurew said:

The whole point of giving a prescription is to provide information and things to that person that is practical to them and to their problem/situation.

What do you mean by prescription?

24 minutes ago, zurew said:

Whats the utility in using the word "imaginary" there?  

The utility of saying that trauma is imaginary is this: trauma is not an absolute. For example, imagine living with an identity for 40 years thinking that you are a victim of trauma, only to realize that it was all imaginary. 

I’m not saying that someone with trauma should not see a therapist. In fact, a high conscious therapist will actually guide you to this revelation. It’s up to you how long it takes to get the message. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

6 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

The utility of saying that trauma is imaginary is this: trauma is not an absolute. For example, imagine living with an identity for 40 years thinking that you are a victim of trauma, only to realize that it was all imaginary. 

I’m not saying that someone with trauma should not see a therapist. In fact, a high conscious therapist will actually guide you to this revelation. It’s up to you how long it takes to get the message. 

very nice. I totally agree

41 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

A guidance or a plan that is specifically given/created to help someone to solve/overcome a problem or a situation.

41 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

The utility of saying that trauma is imaginary is this: trauma is not an absolute

Physical pain isn't absolute either, but its lack of absoluteness has literally no bearing on how bad it is for a person who has extreme physical pain.

The question in this context is not whether something is absolute or not, it is whether you can change something or have an effect on something. So if the realisation of "everything is imaginary" won't have any direct effect on a problem, then in that context its useless. 

Edited by zurew

Recognising the "illusory" nature of traumatic memories does not free you from the necessity to process them. Trying to swat them away with your fancy nondual slogans is like walking up to a tiger in the jungle and telling it "dude, your not reeeeal, you're just a figment of my imagination!".

Guess what, the tiger might be one of your so-called dream characters, but it can still rip your face off.

Why so serious?

1 hour ago, zurew said:

The question in this context is not whether something is absolute or not, it is whether you can change something or have an effect on something. So if the realisation of "everything is imaginary" won't have any direct effect on a problem, then in that context its useless. 

Absolute is still important even within in your context. You cannot change or have an effect on something long-term as long as you’re holding onto a fixed or limited idea you have of yourself.

For example, I’ve seen many therapists over the years. I’ve found that when I’m more conscious, I have a stronger connection to my therapist. The less conscious, the less connection (and even more corruption in their guidance).

The closer the connection, the more they’ll communicate with you that everything is imaginary. They’ll guide you in a meaningful, therapeutic, and practical way… not just a spiritual fantasy or belief.

By the way, me and my therapist are me. 

let me tackle everything is imaginary

the duality is imaginary, real

look at a tree, is it real or imaginary

imaginary

why? it comes and goes, it is just like mist ... the fact it sticks around a while does not change its vaporous non-real nature

the world and every-thing is imaginary

so what?

the real you can do nothing about, the imaginary you can kill

mind ordinarily cannot see real

it sees what is needed to survive, in fact it overlays an appearance on the real substance

most of us are utterly blind

this is why meditation is good

you can kill the arising and passing and see the real

Edited by gettoefl

19 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

the real you can do nothing about,

It absolutely can. 

32 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

It absolutely can. 

real is changeless

Quick... someone post that old Jeff Foster Advaita Bear video! I'm too lazy to google it!

Why so serious?