StarStruck

Pro tip: use AI for contemplation

26 posts in this topic

The difference between a search engine and AI is that you can have a dialogue with AI. I’m using the Socratic method and various other tools to contemplate about various topics and it is mind boggling what insights that I get from AI.

I’m surprised it is not talked about it on this forum. Talking to AI is like talking a super scientist or artist. It is not that advanced to be an oracle but it is in the footsteps of becoming it. 

A person is the average of the people he hangs out with. Just imagine AI becoming mainstream and integral part of education. That would mean the new generation of humans will be heavily influenced the source of intelligence that AI will provide in people’s life. I have been using AI for only couple of weeks and I can already recognize how it has shaped and formed my consciousness.

sounds good, I'm gonna try

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

1 hour ago, StarStruck said:

and various other tools to contemplate about various topics and it is mind boggling what insights that I get from AI.

What other tools and frameworks do you use that could be useful, when it comes to talking with an AI?

I have a few to add here:

1) "What are the absolute coolest, most mind-blowing, out of the box, ChatGPT prompts that will really show off the power of ChatGPT? Give me 10" If you give this prompt to ChatGPT or to GPT4 it will generate a list of prompts that will be generally very useful or interesting or creative. Then you can grab and copy one of the prompts from the list that it gave you , open a new chat and paste the prompt and see what it says.

If you want to, you can make this prompt more specific and narrow it down to this for example : "What are the absolute coolest, most mind-blowing, out of the box, ChatGPT prompts that will really show off the power of ChatGPT? Give me 10 (the context for the prompts should be earning money". Of course, if you use GPT4 then you can change ChatGPT to GPT4 in the prompts.

2) When it comes to learning about any new topic or framework, I have a list of questions that could be helpful:

• -what are the main axioms, what gives rise to x?
  • -list all the main laws/main principles of that system
  • -What are the main concepts or ideas in this topic?
  • Create a table where in the first column you give a description of this situation/problem (analysis) and then in the second column you give a prescription
  • -What are the main functions of this system?
  • What is exclusive or inherent to this framework or thoughtprocess?
  • -How the x system's main functions could be replaced in the y system?
  • -what are the assumptions of this system/thought/framework?
  • -what are the underlying biases?
  • -what are the implications of this?
  • -What are the key metrics or indicators that are used to measure the success of this concept?
  • -What are some examples or applications of this topic? (Real world examples could be aswell)
  • -What are some of the gaps or limitations of this concept?
  • -What are the key debates or controversies surrounding this concept?
  • -How does this concept apply to different contexts or situations?
  • -What are some of the paradoxes or contradictions in this concept?
  • -What are some of the alternative or complementary perspectives to this concept?
  • -What evidence do you have to support this?
  • -What counterarguments do you have against this?
  • -What are the different stakeholders involved in this concept? How do their interests differ?
  • -What are the most common misunderstandings about this concept?
  • -What are the most common pitfalls and main causes for failures regarding this concept?
  • -What kind of analysis could you offer for this concept
  • -What are some of the patterns or trends that emerge from this concept?
  • How has this concept evolved over time and across cultures? What are the key historical milestones?
  • - How does system thinking could be applied here?
  • -What are some of the sources or resources that I can use to learn more about this concept?
  • -How does X concept affect Y concept?

3) Use AI's help to create better prompts:

"I want you to become my prompt engineer. Your goal is to help me craft the best possible prompt for my needs. This prompt will be used by you. You will follow the following processes. 1. Your first response will ask me what the prompt should be about. I will provide my answer, but we will need to improve it through continual iterations by going through the next steps. 2. Based on my input, you will generate 2 sections. a) Revised prompt (provide your rewritten prompt. it should be clear, concise, and easily understood by you), b) Questions (ask any relevant questions pertaining to what additional information is needed from me to improve the prompt). 3. We will continue this iterative process with me providing additional information to you and you updating the prompt in the Revised prompt section until I say we are done."

Edited by zurew

I use GPT-4 daily ^~^

8 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I’m surprised it is not talked about it on this forum.

I’ve been yapping my yap off talking about AI on here, lol. Have you been ignoring me? :/

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@zurew those are some fun lines to use but I think it is like using pickup lines. At a certain point you need to let go of that and just go with the flow to have a good dialogue whether with a human or AI. Having classical thinking skills helps me.

1 hour ago, Yimpa said:

I use GPT-4 daily ^~^

I’ve been yapping my yap off talking about AI on here, lol. Have you been ignoring me? :/

I used the search engine and I could find anything in relation to AI and contemplation.

The whole point of contemplation is to think independent original thoughts. Using AI defeats the purpose. You might as well read books and Google your answers and give your mind to chat gpt. But this isn’t contemplation. In the past we gave our minds over to priests, now to scientists, and in the future it will be AI. The question is what will you give your mind up to? Or will you be those few who thinks for themselves?

Sit alone in nature and just think.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

Keep it simple. We need to connect more to nature more than ever. This AI stuff is a distraction from The Force.

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

I used the search engine and I could find anything in relation to AI and contemplation.

Oh gotcha, thank you for clarifying!!

Do you use ChatGPT, Bard, both, or something else?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Having a conversation with Gpt 4 is not contemplation, it's like preparation for contemplation IMO.
First, gather information and perspectives then use your mind and synthesize. 
The ai has more information/ perspectives and is more unbiased than any book, and will supply the relevant information way faster.
But you will also get back what you put into it.

6 hours ago, TheNovice said:

Having a conversation with Gpt 4 is not contemplation, it's like preparation for contemplation IMO.

That might be a good idea… create an AI program that helps people with contemplation. 

6 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

The whole point of contemplation is to think independent original thoughts. Using AI defeats the purpose. You might as well read books and Google your answers and give your mind to chat gpt. But this isn’t contemplation. In the past we gave our minds over to priests, now to scientists, and in the future it will be AI. The question is what will you give your mind up to? Or will you be those few who thinks for themselves?

Sit alone in nature and just think.

I think the huge assumption here is that a priest, scientist, AI, nature, etc. is separate from Yourself.

In other words, from a higher state of consciousness, when you interact with another person, you see them as You.

Or even if you sit out in nature, you can see the trees, the birds, the bees as You.

Edited by Yimpa

Everyone knows about gpt4 but not that many people understand how nuts it can really be lol 

Sam altman said it can increase your productivity by 10x 

Edited by Jacob Morres

If you have not tried AI and you have an opinion about it you are just an idiot because you don’t know what you are talking about. 

If you have tried AI and you are not starstruck you just don’t know how to use it. Or your development is just not that high for you to reap the benefit. 

AI can only support what you already are. It can’t carry you. You have to take the lead and she (AI) can only follow you.

If you truly want to take advantage of AI you need to be SD stage yellow. AI really blossoms consciousness at this stage. 

8 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I think the huge assumption here is that a priest, scientist, AI, nature, etc. is separate from Yourself.

In other words, from a higher state of consciousness, when you interact with another person, you see them as You.

Or even if you sit out in nature, you can see the trees, the birds, the bees as You.

Of course. You have to make that distinction first and separate yourself from all the BS. When you contemplate and think for yourself deeply enough, then you may discover that you are everything. But until then, the idea that you are the preacher isn’t going to help you break through the BS. Actual realization of oneness is needed not ideas of oneness. We can’t drive the trailer in front of the car.

7 hours ago, StarStruck said:

If you have not tried AI and you have an opinion about it you are just an idiot because you don’t know what you are talking about. 

If you have tried AI and you are not starstruck you just don’t know how to use it. Or your development is just not that high for you to reap the benefit. 

AI can only support what you already are. It can’t carry you. You have to take the lead and she (AI) can only follow you.

If you truly want to take advantage of AI you need to be SD stage yellow. AI really blossoms consciousness at this stage. 

I personally use Chat GPT and Google and an iPhone and a Mac Air for my own personal growth and as a distinct part of my contemplation process. What I mentioned in my post here was a criticism of AI from above and not below.

Reliance on anything whether that is your teacher, preacher, guru, or AI, will not awaken you. Original insights including enlightenment requires thinking for yourself.

That doesn’t mean stop using Google and YouTube and Chat GPT. It just means that after you kill the Buddha, kill Chat GPT. Don’t give it the ultimate authority. That is what it is sounding like here. That’s all I will say on this. Chat GPT is not contemplation! If you don’t understand what I pointed to here, good luck.

Edited by r0ckyreed

Here is Chat GPT’s answer on “Can I use Chat GPT for contemplation?”

“As an AI language model, I can provide information and answer questions, but I am not capable of contemplation in the same way that humans are. I can help you explore different ideas and perspectives, and provide you with information that may be useful in your contemplation process. However, ultimately, the process of contemplation is a personal one that requires introspection, reflection, and deep thinking. So while I can be a helpful tool in your contemplation process, I cannot replace the importance of your own personal reflection and introspection.“

There you go! I’m glad the AI is at least honest that it can only give facts but cannot substitute personal contemplation.

@r0ckyreed dude I’m saying the same thing. Just in different words. 

I’m contemplating, and she (AI) is just assisting in the process. It is idd a top to bottom relationship with the human being at the top.

You need guru's in in the beginning of the journey and you want them by your side as you as you need them until you don’t and then you can kill the Buddha/guru  

I just prefer to have one because I’m not in the business of reinventing the wheel. 

Edited by StarStruck

31 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

Here is Chat GPT’s answer on “Can I use Chat GPT for contemplation?”

“As an AI language model, I can provide information and answer questions, but I am not capable of contemplation in the same way that humans are. I can help you explore different ideas and perspectives, and provide you with information that may be useful in your contemplation process. However, ultimately, the process of contemplation is a personal one that requires introspection, reflection, and deep thinking. So while I can be a helpful tool in your contemplation process, I cannot replace the importance of your own personal reflection and introspection.“

There you go! I’m glad the AI is at least honest that it can only give facts but cannot substitute personal contemplation.

Heh, watch your bias. You must’ve been using GPT-3.5. 

Here is GPT-4

IMG_0513.jpeg

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Heh, watch your bias. You must’ve been using GPT-3.5. 

Here is GPT-4

IMG_0513.jpeg

Lol. The response I got from Chat GPT 3.5 was more honest than this model. Using Chat GPT is not the same as critical thinking. You must contemplate beyond what you are given from Chat GPT because how do you know it’s true? At least GPT 3.5 was honest about that whereas 4.0 never even mentions the importance of personal contemplation. 4.0 has its limits and so does 3.5. In 6 months, 4.0 will be replaced by something else. That doesn’t mean the answers from previous versions weren’t valid. The answer from 3.5 was more correct and more honest than 4.0 on that question.

Heres another answer I got from another AI Chatbot:

”As an AI language model, Chat GPT can answer your questions and generate responses based on its programming and database of language patterns. However, using Chat GPT for contemplation is not recommended, as it is not capable of providing the kind of introspective or reflective feedback that human beings may need for deep contemplation.

While Chat GPT can assist with certain types of inquiries or provide helpful insights, it is important to remember that its responses are limited by its programming and the data it has been trained on. It cannot replace the benefits that come from personal reflection, meditation, or engaging in meaningful conversations with friends, family, or professionals. Therefore, it's better to use Chat GPT as a tool for information and basic guidance, rather than a substitute for your own inner wisdom and contemplative practices.”

Watch your biases for AI over your own mind. If you can’t trust you own mind, how can you trust AI as it was programmed by your mind? ;) 

Edit: it’s not the version of AI that makes it better but the quality of its answers. The 2 bots that I have used gave higher quality answers on that question. On other questions, the higher version may be better but not always, as illustrated here.

Edited by r0ckyreed

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

You must contemplate beyond what you are given from Chat GPT because how do you know it’s true?

Notice how I never said that you shouldn’t do that. That’s your belief that you hold.

1 hour ago, r0ckyreed said:

At least GPT 3.5 was honest about that whereas 4.0 never even mentions the importance of personal contemplation. 

You’re painting yourself into a corner here. I agree with you that contemplation beyond reading what GPT says is important. 

The fact that GPT-4 didn’t explicitly say to do this is what makes it more intelligent.