BlessedLion

Dark Room Retreat

12 posts in this topic

I did a 4 day dark room retreat, it was the most powerful and transformative experience I've had. You go to another level of depth and surrender and 2 days in i was having a full on DMT/ Ayahuasca trip

I plan to do 30 days in darkness in the near future. 

Also funny is Leo posted this article from Hridaya in Mexico a while back: "Reflections On A 40-Day Dark Room Retreat"

Hridaya is an incredible school. It's catipulted my spiritual growth. Weird coincidence. Highly recommend to anyone looking to go deep in a living container. Funny how small the non dual world is

What are the rules? Can you drink and eat? What about the light when going to piss? Do you meditate most of the time? Do you remain consciouss during the sleep?

In the Vast Expanse everything that arises is Lively Awakened Awareness.

No rules 

You're in a pitch black room with a shower and toilet. They deliver breakfast and lunch through a sliding door (food is optional though) you have to feel your way to the toilet haha same with everything. 

All i did was sleep and meditate and yoga

During the sleep i had the most insanely vivid dreams. Like would wake up and verbally say ,"holy fuck that was incredible" imagine avatar type animator X 1000 with a story line so fucking artistic and mind blowing it would win a million Oscars. No idea what was behind this but my dreams were like these full immersion movies with the strangest and most incredible themes and story lines and jokes even. Like genuis humor

3 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

No idea what was behind this but my dreams were like these full immersion movies with the strangest and most incredible themes and story lines and jokes even. Like genuis humor

Maybe if pineal gland was producing dmt. Dmt makes everything look more real.

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Do it without food 3 days will be like 12. Its powerful stuff, sensory deprivation is a great life hack.

“Colors blind the eye
Sounds deafen the ear.
Flavors numb the taste.
Thoughts weaken the mind.
Desires wither the heart.”

― Lao Tzu

As above so below, as within so without.

On 4/27/2023 at 0:25 AM, BlessedLion said:

You're in a pitch black room with a shower and toilet. They deliver breakfast and lunch through a sliding door (food is optional though) you have to feel your way to the toilet haha same with everything. 

How do you shower and use the toilet in the pitch black?

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Feel your way through. It's not that hard actually you get used to it

You kinda form a mental blueprint of what the room looks like and where everything is

Holy shit, 30 days is insane.  

How sure are you that you can last that long?  Not trying to be a downer, I hope you actually do it, just seems like an extremely difficult thing to do. 

1 hour ago, BlessedLion said:

You kinda form a mental blueprint of what the room looks like and where everything is

Interesting. I should try taking a shower at night without the lights. I haven’t even though of trying that before!

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

@Yimpa Yeah if you sleep at night with earplugs and all your windows blacked out and a face mask you'll have the best refreshing recharging sleep of your life. Trust me. Game changer. 

@AlterEgo You'd be surprised by what you can easily handle and even enjoy. Once you get through the first layers of fear and terror (first few days) it's mostly bliss. I just completeled a 21 day silent retreat and I wish I could've stayed longer, it was one of the happiest I've ever been