OBEler

Content on psychedelics

40 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

The psychedelic path for me is, first to unlock the subconscious, then these images of trauma arise, second to face the dissolution of the ego, the terror of death, and third, the glorious amplitude.

Nice. I recall facing my fear of death twice while doing ketamine trips with a therapist.

The first time I became so conscious of my heart beating at such a hyper-detailed level that I convinced myself that I was dying. I was able to communicate this with my therapist, then I let go of that fear in about a minute.

The second time this happened I found myself trapped on the top floor of a skyscraper set ablaze. My therapist no longer existed. At that moment the only thing I could do was to trust the universe. I jumped, but instead of falling to my death I flew high towards the infinite sky which, of course, is also Myself. 

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 4/25/2023 at 5:58 PM, OBEler said:

Why Do you sometimes see unimaginable disgusting scenes like brutal slaughter, sex orgies, being killed or war scenes on psychedelics? Are these archetypes just being shown out of your subconscious mind? Past lives? What to do with these scenerys

This is the reason, pay attention :

When you trip you are getting Very Very close to Ego-Death, so your Ego in order to not let you go starts to point to your deepest fears and traumas in order to trick you with the concept of that this life is Real instead of what really is : Infinite imagination.

Edited by Alex_R

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

how does ketamine feel? can you describe the experience?

At the highest dose I’ve taken, I experienced Infinite Love. Furthermore, I experienced superhuman levels of empathy, similar to what I imagine Jesus Christ must’ve been living from.

When Jesus said, “Love your neighbor as yourself”, he was not being philosophical about it. It’s an Absolute Truth you can become directly conscious of.

After my trip, I sat outside on a park bench in Austin, TX. This park was located right next to a busy street filled with traffic.

As I was meditating, I looked out to the sky. My mind came in saying, “man, this would be so much better had it not been for the cars polluting everything.”

Then I zoomed out and saw the entire park, street, cars, my mind, the sky…. It’s all Love! Nature and pollution are identical! How could I love one over the other?!

Now is the appropriate time to ask the classic nondual question:

Who are you? 

;)

Edited by Yimpa

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

My visions are generally brutal and snarky, neutral at best but weird (especially on lsd).

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

6 hours ago, Alex_R said:

This is the reason, pay attention :

When you trip you are getting Very Very close to Ego-Death, so your Ego in order to not let you go starts to point to your deepest fears and traumas in order to trick you with the concept of that this life is Real instead of what really is : Infinite imagination.

Why wouldn't it just be because certain serotonin receptor signaling causes you to monitor/analyze all sorts of internal tensions?

SSRIs are known to tend to make people paranoid, paranoia is a mild form of hallucinations/beliefs.
I don't like Cyproheptadine but it can make people calmer and safer, it's an anti-serotonergic and that's one of the reasons Ray Peat doesn't like serotonin.

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

4 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Why wouldn't it just be because certain serotonin receptor signaling causes you to monitor/analyze all sorts of internal tensions?

Who created serotonin receptors

@Yimpa cool, so it does have a psychedelic effect. I tried Deschloroketamine ( DCK), it was Great, but it was mainly around Love.

20 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I tried Deschloroketamine ( DCK), it was Great, but it was mainly around Love.

I bet

You are purging through content that you've repressed into your subconscious mind. It's showing you what you reject so that you can embrace all of reallity and heal and move on. 

World's #1 Spiritual Twerking Coach 🍑

@OBEler there are probably different reasons and you already named some of them.

They are probably a part of our collective unconscious, episodes of human history that entered our collective unconscious.

They might also be related to your trauma, like associations that sort of display the content of your trauma in an exaggerated metaphoric way. E.g. when I brought up my trauma of having been left by my father when I was one year old I felt a deep sense of aloneness and abandonment so I saw images of people being held in dark dungeons of medieval castles.

If you reexperience your own birth you will see the most horrific images you could (or could not) ever imagine, like yourself being mashed between the giant stone walls of some kind of gigantic press (symbolising the pain caused by the contractions of the womb).

@Federico del pueblo Yeah the collective consciousness. I ask me if there really is a connected collective consciousness cloude of human race or are just in my DNA some trauma from my ancestors saved, from one Generation to another there would be a collection of many trauma passed

Edited by OBEler

Yeah, the collective consciousness. I ask myself if there really is a connected collective consciousness cloud of the human race, or is it just trauma from my ancestors stored in my DNA, being passed from one generation to another - a collection of many trauma

@OBEler hard to say as I don't have any personal experience with transpersonal phenomena during trips.

I can tell you though what Stanislav Grof writes about different types of transpersonal experiences (based on the experiences from literally 10s of thousands lsd sessions).

There have been many experiences where somebody in a past life died from an accident or murder and this was reexperienced by the psychonaut. Now if we want to assume that this experience really happened then there's no way for the experience to be passed on via genes if that person died, it must be passed on via consciousness.

Also people have experienced a completely authentic and realistic identification with other people, so they basically switched in the experience of someone else who was still alive.

It would make a lot of sense to me for a collective consciousness to exist, given that everything is connected anyways.

4 hours ago, OBEler said:

Yeah, the collective consciousness. I ask myself if there really is a connected collective consciousness cloud of the human race, or is it just trauma from my ancestors stored in my DNA, being passed from one generation to another - a collection of many trauma

Could be both, either, or none me thinks. 

1 hour ago, Federico del pueblo said:

Also people have experienced a completely authentic and realistic identification with other people, so they basically switched in the experience of someone else who was still alive.

I can confirm that I’ve experienced this several times lately. It’s something I’m still exploring.

@Yimpa can you elaborate, on which substance? And how real is it, can you keep Details you cannot imagine by your ego? 

20 hours ago, OBEler said:

can you elaborate, on which substance? 

I’ve experienced this on ketamine and cannabis. (I also take stimulant medication for ADHD if that matters).

20 hours ago, OBEler said:

And how real is it, can you keep Details you cannot imagine by your ego? 

It’s definitely a higher state than ego consciousness, no doubt about it. The ego state cannot comprehend this at all. It’s pretty much elevating your consciousness to embody an alien mind.

You can identify as another being, or even expand to identify multiple beings simultaneously. For example, two years ago I experienced something similar to this Star Wars scene while on cannabis (a high CBD dose with barely any THC interestingly enough).

This scene pales in comparison to actually experiencing the suffering of a million beings simultaneously, but it’s still a great metaphor that the human mind can grasp. The actual experience the shit out of me, but I was able to also telepathically communicate with an angel who saved me.

[I don’t plan these experiences in advanced. They happen spontaneously. I’m still learning how to embody those higher states with less fear/resistance gradually, since I still have a great deal of attachment to being a human.]