LSD-Rumi

What is like to be an inanimate object?

37 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

because feeling is the lowest form of existence there is (other than deep sleep). For example, you can lose your sight, your hearing and your sensory system but you are still there, you are still sequstered in the form of a human, you still feel your boundaries, otherwise, you will cease to exist.

I would say that if you deactivate your senses (or dissociate from them), you'll become a void without any boundaries. I've experienced this myself.

When a stone get hammered by a pickaxe, the expeirence of vibration happens regardless of any sensory input, Consciousness is prior to any sensory output.

The vibration of course exists as a part of the transpersonal field of consciousness (reality itself), and it will vibrate the rock, but there is no solid indication that the rock will have a personalized perspective of the vibration entering its body.

Believe it or not You can see even when you are blind.

Then why will the rock be in "total darkness"?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

3 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Then why will the rock be in "total darkness"?

because, the rock is so low in on the consciousness level that these things are not possible for it. I feel the only things that are allowed for a rock are the feeling of its boundaries and other minor sensations. Of course I am merely speculating here.

5 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

because, the rock is so low in on the consciousness level that these things are not possible for it. I feel the only things that are allowed for a rock are the feeling of its boundaries and other minor sensations. Of course I am merely speculating here.

Does a car have a feeling of its boundaries? Why draw the boundaries around the car and not the components of the car? Why not draw it around each individual atom or each subatomic particle popping in and out of existence?

Edited by Carl-Richard

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

Does a car have a feeling of its boundaries? Why draw the boundaries around the car and not the components of the car? Why not draw it around each individual atom or each subatomic particle popping in and out of existence?

I think each one of these parts has its own boundaries. The part is concious and the whole which is made out of the parts is conscious too.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

4 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I think each one of these parts has its own boundaries. The part is concious and the whole which is made out of the parts is conscious too.

In that case, it seems like your concept of a boundary is almost indistinguishable from the concept of locality or form (that something can be located within transpersonal consciousness and be distinguished from something else). I would just put that like this: everything is occuring within transpersonal consciousness, and every "boundary" is just form.

My idea of a personalized boundary is different. For example, there is a difference between placing a "camera of pure consciousness" so to speak in one place in a room and then me standing in that place and perceiving the room from my perspective. That difference seems to have to do with things like my sense organs and how they function (their limits, etc.). If I poke myself in the eye, my perception of the room changes.

Edited by Carl-Richard

7 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

If I poke myself in the eye, my perception of the room changes.

That’s assuming that you believe that your eye is real ;)

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

20 hours ago, Yimpa said:

That’s assuming that you believe that your eye is real ;)

I'm only talking about correlations on the screen of perception. If I perceive that poking myself in what I perceive as my eye leads to a change in my perception, then that tells me something about my perception.

Edited by Carl-Richard

32 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

What's sentience?

Sense organs :) (although anything is possible)

Edited by Carl-Richard

I became a milk bottle one time in a grey dimension of simplicity and greyness one time lol.

On 4/26/2023 at 6:38 PM, Carl-Richard said:

Sense organs :) (although anything is possible)

You answered too quickly :D 

On 4/27/2023 at 3:48 AM, Aaron p said:

I became a milk bottle one time in a grey dimension of simplicity and greyness one time lol.

Did you become the bottle tho, or just just saw a bottle of a milk from far and felt your boundaries as the boundaries of a bottle because these are two different things.

On 4/26/2023 at 7:48 PM, Aaron p said:

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

They don't have their own experience, but at some point in your experience you will experience what it is like to be all possible inanimate objects, all animals, all plants, all fungi, all rocks, and so on

You will even experience what it is like to be letters on the screen

You will experience what it is like to be space

You will experience what it is like to be the color blue

I have had Cellular Consciousness, I have had an experience of being a tree, alongside some dimensions in dreams, also have had 3rd person perspective in a dream, I have had experience of being God and more than God as well

You will even experience all fictional dimensions where God is not real through me indirectly, but I will explain what this means later, because it is too advanced for this forum currently

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

@amanen When you experience being a tree, you have the picture of  a tree in your experience and you feel your boundaries as those of a tree, but you really didn't become a tree, to become a tree, you must stop being human and start experiencing being a tree. 

I still don't know if inanimate objects do have consciousness or if they are just things we generate with our own consciousness.

2 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I still don't know if inanimate objects do have consciousness or if they are just things we generate with our own consciousness.

I asked the Tabasco bottle next to me if it has consciousness, and it replied with “why yes, I a-sauce you I do!”

13 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@amanen When you experience being a tree, you have the picture of  a tree in your experience and you feel your boundaries as those of a tree, but you really didn't become a tree, to become a tree, you must stop being human and start experiencing being a tree. 

Yes, you can never become a tree literally completely, but my whole experience had over 10 light senses and I was time dilated to live as this tree for hundreds of years. The tree in question is actually close to my place in real life.

Inanimate objects do not have their own consciousness, but all inanimate objects will at some point be experienced by Beings.

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)