tuku747

Orange Juice

33 posts in this topic

What is your opinion on orange juice?

@tuku747

4 minutes ago, tuku747 said:

What is your opinion on orange juice?

decent source of vitamin c. I have it around lunch time and in the afternoon. Half or so a cup of orange juice and rest is water.

I don't think I've ever actually had orange juice in my life. Just the concentrated stuff from the grocery stores. You never see non-concentrate orange juice anywhere.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Osaid

4 hours ago, Osaid said:

I don't think I've ever actually had orange juice in my life. Just the concentrated stuff from the grocery stores. You never see non-concentrate orange juice anywhere.

Never heard of Tropicana? The Brand that sells orange juice?

10 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

That's from concentrate, normal orange juice doesn't taste like that

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

15 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

I love it. I recently got a citrus press and make fresh orange juice a few times a month. 

@Osaid

18 hours ago, Osaid said:

That's from concentrate, normal orange juice doesn't taste like that

What does normal orange juice taste like?

@Osaid    Also, can you just elaborate on what makes orange juice a pop culture, funny and entertaining fruit? Is it because orange juice can't rhyme with any word? Bornana?

28 minutes ago, Danioover9000 said:

You have never tasted natural orange juice? 

2 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

I don't know, probably less sweet and less sour, more mellow and watery. Just imagine you're biting into an orange but subtract the solid part.

Edited by Osaid

Basically drugs.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I just had some yesterday and the day before.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

11 hours ago, Yimpa said:

I just had some yesterday and the day before.

Drugs or Orange Juice?

1 hour ago, Israfil said:

Drugs or Orange Juice?

Both. Gotta be careful taking too much of either, tho.

One time when I was a kid I found myself drinking 6-8 glasses of orange juice in one sitting. I was really thirsty. Suffice to say, I had a pretty bad tummy ache the rest of the day.

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

2 hours ago, Yimpa said:

One time when I was a kid I found myself drinking 6-8 glasses of orange juice in one sitting. I was really thirsty. Suffice to say, I had a pretty bad tummy ache the rest of the day.

Seems like an hell of a bad trip.

@Israfil

On 2023-04-19 at 9:27 PM, Israfil said:

You have never tasted natural orange juice? 

? Of course I have, the real orange fruit, but also mandarins. Hate grape fruit, love lemons and limes, like making lemonade juice. I use lemons and lime juice with some other ingredients to make my dipping sauces for fish and chips, fried noodles, and takeaway foods. 

@Osaid

On 2023-04-19 at 11:05 PM, Osaid said:

I don't know, probably less sweet and less sour, more mellow and watery. Just imagine you're biting into an orange but subtract the solid part.

Sorry I was screwing with you, I've had homemade orange juice, and it can be difficult to describe the tasting. For me, depending on the oranges, if they're perfectly ripe they'll taste less astringent and more sweet and watery. Too early and they'll taste more astringent, more older they'll taste sweeter and more watery, but slightly bitter sometimes if it's too old. With or without pulp doesn't matter for me, and it's god to have in morning-noon. Depending on the person it 's fine in the afternoon but you'll have to add water and dilute the orange juice.

@Carl-Richard

On 2023-04-20 at 0:04 AM, Carl-Richard said:

Basically drugs.

Oh yes, Vitamin c can sometimes be made and stored in vials, used as jabs and shots straight into the bloodstream, pure vitamin c which can be much higher than through diet. Some countries allow this.

@Yimpa

9 hours ago, Yimpa said:

This is why I most mix some water with the orange juice, to prevent something like this. Easy to forget, but orange juice is a citrus fruit, and citrus fruits are higher in those acids.