LSD-Rumi

Everyone should watch this movie

19 posts in this topic

If you believe "suffering doesn't exist" and "you create your own sufffering" type of new age bullshit then this movie is for you. This will be the most brutal movie you will ever see, you are warned. I won't be spoiling the movie by talking about it, just watch it.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/

at the end when she met God, excellent movie! but i watched it long time ago so I don't remember 90% of it.

1 hour ago, blackchair said:

at the end when she met God, excellent movie! but i watched it long time ago so I don't remember 90% of it.

Yeah, she accessed pure consciousness at the end. You should rewatch it, it is great.

Watch it for God sake. You will be disturbed for at least a couple of days after watching it thinking about what you watched.

I watch many brutal movies recently, and this one is still on the top of my list.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

9 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Watch it for God sake. You will be disturbed for at least a couple of days after watching it thinking about what you watched.

why would someone would want to be 'disturbed'?¿

29 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

why would someone would want to be 'disturbed'?¿

It has a spiritual value if you watch it in a spiritual way. It shows how brutal life can be. Also, you can teach yourself not to resist the experience, despite how much it is horrfying and disturbing, don't resist it. It is literally a spiritual practice.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

10 minutes ago, Vibes said:

If this movie is so brutal as you say and you can use it as a spiritual practice, why not watch real gore and suffering instead?

I wouldn't, it only serves to steer my mind downwards. Maybe because I watched some as a child and it traumatized me.

It something different. It is not just gore. Just watch it. it becomes better and better until it end up in the most beautiful ending ever.

ok.... what the actual fuck did I just watch?

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD -- PLS SKIP IF YOU WANT TO WATCH MOVIE

For me two parts stuck out in this movie, it wasn't the ending. Interesting because I am dealing with a few issues at the moment, and I think my mind latched onto these symbols I saw in the movie.

The first was even though there was a shit tonne of pain in this, it was nice to see love from the main character. In particular when she finds that woman with the headchain and you can sense all the other woman wants to do is seek comfort and hold somebody. It was hard for me not to feel a bit disgusted by the way her physical body was portrayed after all the trauma, so it was nice to see someone actually try to care for her, comfort, clean her wounds and remove the headchain. At several points in the bathtub I thought the main character was just going to go for the mercy kill and end it for her. Idk for me it was like, you're still lovable, worthy of love and can still try to heal even when your decrepit, ugly and just totally fucked all over. 

The second thing that stood out to me was the self-harm in the movie. For me it reminded me of my addictions I am working through. When I saw those scenes in the movie I felt love, in the sense I wanted to give the characters love so they would know it is ok and they don't need to harm themselves. Everything is ok, you're safe, you're good. You can heal now kind of thing. I see the parallelism with my own addictions, because it is self-destructive behaviour yet it feels like I can't stop myself. 

Also its interesting there are some comments about the ending. People on this forum are likely to interpret it a different way from others. I watched a YouTube analysis which had the complete opposite interpretation (skip to 14:30)

@woohoo123 Yeah, it is a masterpiece. It is not just gore, it is something beautiful! 

I would usually avoid these types of disturbing movies because I have thought I can't handle all the fear and horror. I decided to watch this one anyways as it had some strange pull to it.

I surprised myself with how well I was able to handle it, and I had a surprising realization. I realized that no movie is actually disturbing, what makes it "disturbing" is that I can't handle the reality of it, I can't handle the idea of it actually happening. So I resist it, and get disturbed. So the movie is just a reflection of reality, a reflection of what is, and I get disturbed when I can't accept that. So as you said above, "disturbing" movies can help you accept reality. Which reduces fear. (That being said, this is an extreme film and might be too much in some cases and probably shouldn't be watched by some. A little bit like a bad trip. But I think most adults with reasonably stable minds can handle seeing something like this.)

Spoilers ahead:

What stood out for me was when the woman towards the end, in utter despair and absolute suffering was reminded of advice she got about letting go of herself. She applied it and totally let go of herself and she merged wlth the Godhead, she went into total ecstasy through her total surrender. She was even able to let go of her hatred towards her perpetrators and she forgave them totally, despite the seeming impossibility of it. 

In the end the Mademoiselle killed herself because she realized that the way to trancend, the way to God, was not through the suffering itself, but through total forgiveness, evn forgiving the greatest horrors. She realized that she represented the ultimate evil by trying to control life to satisfy her ego by creating these "martyrs". She realizes that her ego was what needed the martyrs, God didn't need martyrs. And she shot herself because she realized her mistake. 

Shocking but powerful film. 

Edited by TheAlchemist

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

On 6/5/2023 at 4:40 AM, LSD-Rumi said:

I watch many brutal movies recently, and this one is still on the top of my list.

sorry only Disney cartoons for me for a while xD

Yeah I'm going to abstain from watching a movie like this. My mind is way too sensitive, a lot of times I notice that my mind really can't separate reality from fantasy. I'll lose sleep, and get terrible dreams. And I sure as shit don't want it to show up in an LSD trip. 

As funny as it sounds, to this day I cannot shower in peace because my mind is imagining M3gan on the other side of the curtains ready to kill me. It's been months since I've seen the film. 

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

15 hours ago, ZenSwift said:

Yeah I'm going to abstain from watching a movie like this. My mind is way too sensitive, a lot of times I notice that my mind really can't separate reality from fantasy. I'll lose sleep, and get terrible dreams. And I sure as shit don't want it to show up in an LSD trip. 

As funny as it sounds, to this day I cannot shower in peace because my mind is imagining M3gan on the other side of the curtains ready to kill me. It's been months since I've seen the film. 

Yeah man it's the same for me but only when I do spiritual practices. My sensitivity only drops to what's normal to others when I completely abstain from all forms of spirituality and go completely materialistic.

Edited by Swarnim
spelling

Hi there. A rather difficult movie to watch. But very interesting. I think you need to watch it at least 1 more time to fully understand it. In general, I love movies where you have to think a little bit. Not silly comedies, but films from which you can learn something for yourself. By the way, I recently found a cool free service for watching movies and TV shows (https://soap2day-1.com/). Now I watch only here.

Edited by Samy
added some details

This movie teaches empathy :x

It is distubring but beautiful, God's favorite mix.