Philipp

Questions about meaning

7 posts in this topic

I am going through depression after experiencing several losses and a lack of love.

As life is feeling empty and I have difficulty feeling motivation for anything, I got curious about meaning.

Is there something such as absolute meaning?

Are all Life purposes ultimatly completly meaningless?

For all those having a meaningful life, are you able to accept and be aware that your meaning completly made up?

3 hours ago, Philipp said:

Is there something such as absolute meaning?

The closest thing I would say is Love.

Are all Life purposes ultimatly completly meaningless?

Yes.

For all those having a meaningful life, are you able to accept and be aware that your meaning completly made up?

You will be able to accept that after you accept that you yourself are completely made up.

That comes with the territory when talking in the absolut sense.

❤️

@Squeekytoy @universe Thank you for the answers! 

I am not looking for ego death. I am not in an emotional state, where I can handle instability. Also my life is a mess. So I don't think this is a good idea. 

I am looking for ways to feel more fullfilement in life. Get strong and healthy again. Be able to stand on my own two feet. Maybe find some purpose.

Could you answer me some more questions I have regarding Leo's purpose. Is he pursuing his Life purpose just to feel love? If he doesn't believe, that there exists another perspective than his, than his teachings are in some sense pointless right, because there is not even an other perspective, that can reach enlightenment? There are basicly just made up character, that will appear as if they got enlightened? Am I wrong?

Edited by Philipp
rhrt

Some things feel more meaningful than others. That is not made up. Your job is to find what is most meaningful for you.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

I think the meaning of our lives is a story/myth we create to keep us pushing along

But at the same time there are many things in life that make it feel meaningful. There's things we can experience (music, art, etc.), things we feel (love, laughter, etc.), things we want to pursue (e.g. our passions), that make us feel like we're here for a reason—to experience them.

There is something like absolute meaning, it is Consciousness/Understanding/Love.

That's what solves all depression at its root.

Depression just isn't a thing if you are deeply conscious.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I’m starting to realize little by little that we ultimately create the meaning for our lives.

In the beginning, we let others dictate that for us. Eventually you’ll get tired of that and you’ll discover a deeper power within yourself. 

Edit: also, if it makes you feel any better, I’ve lived with all kinds of physical and mental problems, yet I’m still here. No doctor will be able to explain that comprehensively; it’s a miracle. 

Edited by Yimpa

"Wisdom is not in knowing all the answers, but in seeking the right questions." -Gemini AI